Friday, 1 September 2017

A Foundation Base For Every Occasion || My Top Picks


Today I thought I'd write about my favourite foundations and which occasions (situation) they are best for. With my willingness to try new products, it comes to no surprise that I can't stick to just one foundation for everything. Plus, all foundations have their own individual strengths as well as weaknesses which means I only wear them on certain occasions. I have also included some BB and CC creams in my top picks which may be seen as a cop out but I would use them as my foundation for that day so I hope I have justified myself!


Party Time - Loreal True Match

What can I say? An ultimate classic, favourite of mine. It never fails me. It's perfect for parties as it is full coverage, long lasting yet doesn't feel heavy at all on the skin (perfect for hardcore dancing!)


Photoshoot - Revlon PhotoReady

This again is another foundation that always seems to make an appearance on my blog. Although there are conflicting reviews on this product, I personally am in love with it. Why it's perfect for a photoshoot? Well it's kinda in the name! It contains photochromatic pigments that bend and reflect light to help erase all blemishes and spots in pictures. Therefore, in pictures, my skin looks smooth and flawless. 


Light Coverage - Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua

 I really need to start grabbing this product more often instead of constant full coverage. It is great to apply with your fingers or a beauty blender/miracle complexion sponge as it is a fluid consistency so it feels lightweight on your skin. It has a light to medium coverage which is buildable and leaves a velvety (sort of matte) skin finish. 


Work/School - Rimmel Match Perfection

Not only does this product give such a radiance/dewyness to the face but it can almost conceal everything and anything. It's my go to before University with those nasty 9 am lectures (well....I used to get up earlier at school but that's not the point!) After using this you don't really need to bother with any concealer which means you save time but also means your face doesn't feel cakey/heavy.


Gym - Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream & Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

For the gym you want something light, dewy, hydrating with a slight coverage. This is why I usually turn to my trusted BB creams! Both are so quick and easy to apply by using your fingers in a circular motion.  I love the concept of the Body Shop BB Cream as its concealing your blemishes whilst treating them at the same time. The BB Cream is so smooth and literally glides all over the face. The consistency of the Maybelline BB Cream is sort of like a moisturiser as it just glides onto your face so easily and you only need a small amount to cover your whole face.  The coverage is sheer to light which gives a lovely natural glow. 


Natural - The Body Shop All-in- One BB Cream

Now for me this is a rather interesting product as it comes out white and adapts to your skin tone (can't get anymore natural than that!) It gives a lovely light/medium coverage and you have no worries about your face matching your neck (win win!)


Long Lasting - Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid & Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hrs

The Maybelline foundation is such a thick and silky liquid, easy to blend and gives full coverage. Although this isn't one of its claims, it is extremely long wearing. Now the Rimmel foundation is extremely long lasting due to the comfort serum in the product which is claimed to last through 25 hours of sweat, heat and humidity. It looks the same from morning to night (obviously I have not tested 25 hours!) The consistency is rather thick but with it being full coverage and having longevity, you don't even need to apply a powder on top. 


Full Coverage - MAC Studio Fix

This is currently my go to product. It provides such an amazing coverage, no concealer needed. If anyone is contemplating whether to purchase it, I definitely would! It makes my skin appear to be so smooth and flawless, blemish free when it really isn't! But it is so worth the price, especially as a little goes such a long way. 


Early Mornings - Rimmel Wake Me Up

This is an amazing medium coverage foundation that gives such a beautiful glow, dewy, shine and hydration to the face. I can't explain how much it can lift and brighten your face. It doesn't look cakey at all. This product is perfect for early mornings but also on holiday I reckon. 


Date Night- Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation

I think this is the perfect date night foundation as it looks so effortless and natural but actually the coverage is so full and amazing. It's like having soft, flawless skin but having foundation on doesn't look like the case. It also doesn't budge one bit which means you don't need to keep checking (or worrying) about powdering your face. 


Quick and Easy, In A Rush - Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream

Now this is quite similar to the foundation yet due to its runny/fluid consistency it is so easy to apply and blend. Most of the time I apply it using my fingers or a sponge and I can do it in under a minute for sure or even without a mirror. It makes your face look so hydrated, refreshed and radiant also. And again, not completely obvious that you have foundation on but rather that you have amazing skin. 


Beach - Bourjois City Radiance

I think this is a most recent purchase out of the bunch. It is perfect for the beach as it's a skin protecting foundation with SPF 30. Also, it has a brightening element which gives that perfect summer beach glow and radiance. I'd say the coverage is quite light but that is whats needed for the beach if you wanna relax, go in the sea and so on.


So there you go, my recommendations! What do you all think? Comment below which ones you'd agree with or alternative suggestions.

Taylor x
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. The Rimmel True Match foundation is such an amazing foundation and its my favourite

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I heard many good things about the MAC Studio Fix foundation but I just thought it was too good to be true but by your recommendation I will definitely give it a try because I have been looking for something that will give me full coverage and so on.

    Samara // themarshallwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. you're foundation collection is damn impressive lady! i have literally FOUR foundations haha, 3 high end ones and one drugstore 'pop-to-the-shops' one.

    my drug store one is that rimmel wake me up, which i agreee is a really impressive one for the price!

    katie. xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't used the Revlon PhotoReady foundation in absolutely ages but loved how it looked. I definitely need to repurchase it. x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa~ these are a lot of foundations! Though me myself is a cushion foundation hoarder so no judging here. haha
    I used to use Bourjois 123 foundation but I actually prefer the Healthy Mix one as it gives that dewy look.

    Myra || Latest Post | Pretty Little Things | THE FACE SHOP White Seed Spotlight Radiance Cream

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig