Sunday, 28 May 2017

My Current Everyday Makeup Routine


Hey everyone! I sincerely apologise for being so absent this past year but so much has been going on and changing in my life I'll be completely honest in saying that I forgot. But... Seeing as it's summer and I've finished my first year at university, I thought I'd get back into doing what I love most; blogging! So today I thought I would show you my current everyday makeup routine, I would say its my go to for these hot evenings we've been having in the UK when going out for cocktails etc. Enjoy!



First things first, I apply this MAC Prep & Prime Natural Radiance Base Lumiere sample on my face. It's a very lightweight formula and such little can go a long way. It gives not only a radiant glow to your face but makes it feel incredibly smooth and hydrated, perfect for my dry skin. Will definitely purchase the full size version soon!



Next I apply the MAC Studio Fix Foundation in NC20 which is my go to for a full coverage look. It blends amazingly and lasts all day (without feeling uncomfortable with it on). At the moment, however, it is slightly too dark as I purchased it when I once had a tan. Therefore, I mix a couple of the Body Shop's Shade Adjusting Drops to get that perfect match. It doesn't seem to interfere with the consistency or coverage of the foundation, 



As MAC Studio Fix is so full coverage I've found that I don't tend to use concealer for blemishes or spots anymore but rather my under eyes. Therefore to brighten under my eyes and sort out the awful deadline bags, I use MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20. It has extremely high coverage that you wouldn't imagine yet feels so light without creasing and lasting all day. A definite product I couldn't live without now. 



Not that I really need to but I set my under eye area using Makeup Revolution's Luxury Banana Powder. I really want the Ben Nye powder but I thought I'd try the dupe first because who doesn't love a good dupe thats a bargain! Applying this powder under the eyes isnt cakey nor heavy feeling. It just brightens under the eyes so well. 



For 'contour' (just putting a line on my cheekbone) and bronzing my face I use the Bourjois Bronzing Primer. At first it can seem intimidating with how dark the colour is but trust me once it is buffed in it looks amazing, like the healthy bronzed glow!



Afterwards, I powder my face using Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder as it gives a natural slightly matte finish on the face. It is brilliant for setting my foundation and concealer in the t-zone kind of area. 



For blush, I apply on the apples of my cheek the Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter which is brilliant for giving some warmth and colour to the face as well as a glow. 



The same product but in Golden Lights I use as a highlighter on my cheekbones, nose and on my cupids bow.



This is all set using the Makeup Revolution Amazing Makeup Fixing Spray which I only bought a week or so ago but currently it's been great at fixing my makeup. 




To fill in my eyebrows I use Benefit's Goof Proof Brow Pencil 05 and Ka-Brow Eyebrow Colour 05. The pencil is a waxy like texture and the Ka-Brow is a sort of cream- gel. They are both incredibly long lasting and even waterproof. Both have textures which are rather smooth and both are very pigmented so if you like full, dramatic(ish) eyebrows then I would suggest buying these two. 



For mascara I have been loving Maybelline's Lash Sensational mascara. It's honestly amazing at elongating and volumising your lashes but keeping them separate, stopping them from getting all sticky and clumpy together. 



As it's summer I have really been gravitating towards more peach colours so the Kylie Cosmetics Lip Liner and Matte Liquid Lipstick have been my go to. Now I will be honest, I did buy this online so I can't be a 100% sure its real but if it is a fake then I am majorly impressed! It leaves a lovely matte finish.

I hope you enjoyed reading my current everyday makeup routine, what have been your go to products recently? Let me know in the comments!

Taylor x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Its the first time I've ever bought it and I am super impressed! x

      Delete
  2. I must try the shade adjusting drops! Ive actually never heard of it before. I need something like this because I'm always trying out new tans so sometimes my foundation isn't the perfect match with them! I know you can mix foundations but this is defnitely the easier option rather than constantly using two foundations! Xx

    myloveforxx.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, so much easier! It was such a good purchase especially with the amount of money I spend on foundations that are too dark! x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig