Sunday, 24 January 2016

Haul: 5 Lipsticks for £5 || Swatches

Today I'm here with a small but fun haul with everyone's favourite beauty product, lipstick! All the lipsticks are from MUA or Makeup Revolution which are £1 each which is an absolute bargain in my opinion. I thought I'd also get some fun colours too because they are just a £1 so I was excited and intrigued to see how the lipsticks would look.
The lipstick I was looking forward to the most was Makeup Revolution's lipstick in Atomic Serpent, it reminds me of Lime Crime Serpentina which has always been on my wishlist. I would describe the colour as a shimmery dark green, sort of like a forest fairy or something I can imagine wearing this for. This lipstick is so highly pigmented which for £1 I was expecting to be layering it on so so much. I was especially impressed with the lasting power of this lipstick also. Sooooooo in love with this lipstick!!

For a day-to-day look I purchased the MUA lipstick in Bare 14.  This creamy textured lipstick is a nude pink colour and is also quite glossy looking. With a lip liner, it is perfect. Basically its your £1 Kylie Jenner look! You'll thank me later!

I adore orange and red lipsticks so my eyes were locked on Makeup Revolution's Vice lipstick. This is such a wearable colour and in my opinion would be perfect for the summer with a fab tan. It glides on perfectly and I was super impressed with the pigmentation. Very happy with this product.

Blue is my favourite colour so Immoral from Makeup Revolution had to be purchased, I wanted to see how I could make this bright blue look pretty normal! Now this one took a lot more work and effort to get pigmented. But they are £1 so I can't complain to much! 



Flamingo is such a cute colour, you cannot fault the choice of colours. Its like a cool toned candyfloss pink. However because it is such a light shade (like Immoral) and it is £1 the pigmentation isnt brilliant. But it felt so soft and creamy and I was impressed with the longevity. It reminds me of MAC's Saint Germain.


There we go! These lipsticks are definitely worth it! Paying the £1 before you commit to buying a more expensive lipstick that is a 'wild' colour is much wiser. The colours are just so much fun and for the price the quality is superb. 

Which colours do you like the most? Comment below!


Taylor x
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Wow! Some crazy colours!
    This is a great idea though, to spend £1 to test out the shade before you shell out £15 for a similar bright colour.
    I however, don't think I would have the balls to wear any blue or green on my lips! :P
    Lovely little post :)
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha maybe it would be a Halloween look then! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. I can't believe these come in such cool colors for only being a buck! Usually more affordable brands don't offer such unconventional colors so these look awesome, I'll have to see if I can find any sites that ship em' to the USA :)

    eightbitbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely post! I follow you on GFC :) Can you follow me back?
    Kisses from Turkey :* http://betulunsirlari.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sure! :)

      http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  4. The colours look great, and for such a good price too! x

    Summer, The Twins Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like nude lipstick :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and love your blog would you like to follow each other
    tweetykel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. For one quid I guess you really can't argue with the pigmentation but looks like you've gone and got me wanting more lipsticks. Superdrug tomorrow it is!

    http://graceoliviablog.co
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry yet so happy at the same time! Please give me your report on them!!

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh that orange shade... I love it!!!

    Hannah xxx

    http://adayinthelifeofanorthergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look pretty funky I gotta admit, don't think I would ever walk out the house with the blue or orange on unless for fancy dress, but I would totally rock them around the house, and like others not bad for a quid!

    Meme x

    http://www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think I would only dare the dark green and orange out!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig