Friday, 21 August 2015

Product Review: St.Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion


This product ever since it has been released has intrigued me so much, even the woman in Boots when I bought it told me that she'd love to hear my thoughts on it. How does it work? You shower like normal even cleansing your skin and then apply the lotion onto your skin straight away. Applying it in circular motions, you leave it on your skin for 3 minutes then rinse off. The tan should develop over the next 24 hours of application leaving you with a natural tan.
Overall I am really impressed with this product and will use it again but there are a few disadvantages to the tanning lotion. The idea is simple which I love yet at times it is impractical. Waiting for 3 minutes feels like forever! I was bloody counting up to 60 seconds 3 times whilst shivering as you have to turn the shower off. My family were downstairs thinking 'what on earth is that girl doing?' I did feel like a right plonker! Secondly, you have to wash it off your hands but I felt like it was impossible to do as I would end up getting my whole body wet, therefore I would have to jump out the shower and wash my hands in the skin. I was a little worried about slipping or falling over especially when trying to apply it onto my back which was another hilarious situation.

Scent wise it does smell like your usual tanning lotion but it has some sort of biscuit scent which personally I love, I love smell of normal fake tan anyway so not a problem for me. 

But on the positive side I loved the results. This product is perfect for us pale ones as it is so subtle so I would say for those with darker skin that this product may not wow you as much as it has for me. You have to remember that it is a gradual tanner so you shouldn't expect a dark tan instantaneously. It is perfect for those who would want to play is safe with their tanning to ensure they don't look like a carrot. The tan just looked so natural and sunkissed not OTT but after applying it everyday I reckon it could build up into a beautiful tan. I found it moisturising on the skin and my body felt so soft the next day. 


As well as having soft skin the tan was streak free too which in my books is always incredible. The formulation is perfect for those new to tanning, those who like a gradual tan or topping up their tan, anyone really who is just a bit wary or likes to be careful this is the product for them.


For £14.50 it does seem a little expensive but I think every so often its quite nice to treat yourself to a product which makes you look so fabulous. I do believe it is worth it as it does everything it says on the tin. 

What are your thoughts? Have you tried this product? Or if you haven't would you like to? Comment below!

Taylor x
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I want to try this so bad. I hear its great to keep a tan going post holiday

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please do and tell me your thoughts :)

      Delete
  2. I think this is what I've been looking for all my life! I am naturally tanned now but I can see the lovely tan fading away too quickly and can't be bothered to go outside and sunbath... so might give this a try!! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to try this now! I'm so bad at fake tan though it always ends up so patchy!

    Love Ellie
    makeupandotherjunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same but this product is really gradually so it would not go patchy :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds great, I actually think 3 minutes isn't too bad as there aren't a lot of steps to it. Plus I much prefer gradual tanners than the way too obvious ones :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so, doing nothing felt like ages though read some other reviews and they said maybe apply a hair mask or something during that time? :)

      Delete
  5. It sounds like a Great product for those who love to have that glow once in a while! The product is worth the price, I think!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig