Thursday, 23 July 2015

How To: Prevent/Stop Concealer From Creasing



My concealer creasing has always and will be forever one of the most annoying things when it comes to makeup! It's something so small yet it just really gets on my nerves! But after doing my research as well as testing and trying a few products I have some top tips for you on how to both prevent and stop concealer creasing.
It is best to apply concealer before your foundation because layering it on top is what will make the concealer move thus crease. 



You need to make sure that your under eye area is makeup free before applying but is moisturised and hydrated. I recommend using an eyecream to brighten and refresh your undereye. This is so the concealer can glide on.
or....
Apply a primer under your eye so ensure it is glides on and is long lasting.

Do not just pile on the concealer too much (this is the mistake I make) but instead do light layers and slowly build up the concealer if you want to cover the dark circles.



Be gentle around your eyes, it is so so sensitive! Always use your ring finger or a damp sponge like the Real Techniques miracle sponge and lightly dab. (Mine looks gross I know!!)

Still being gentle you need to work in the concealer so that its blended into the skin. Just keep patting with your finger!!



Set the concealer using a translucent or light powder with a small brush so you can really get into your undereye (that sounds so odd haha!) This is so ensure that the concealer will not be moving anytime soon.


And if you are that desperate or have incredibly dry skin then I recommend using a makeup setting spray also, this is the MUA one.

Remember to always touch up during the day, refresh your concealer with either the powder, makeup setting spray or even dab an eyecream on to keep your undereye hydrated.

And thats all my advice!! I hope you enjoyed something a little different, what are your top picks or even to products? Comment below.

Taylor x
SHARE:

28 comments

  1. Great tips for preventing concealer creasing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also started applying primer under my eyes and noticed a massive difference x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that I found that tip out x

      Delete
  3. These are all such great products!!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips :) I have so many primers that just don't help my foundation but I'll give them a go for under my eyes now, I bet they'll do a great job there :D
    Gillian xx EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete
  5. great tip!! Next time I am goona try it!!

    xoxo, Colli von tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab tips!! I really need to get my hands on the beauty blender x

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great tips, never even thought about it creasing in till now and it really does sometimes.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'Why Have one, When you can have two?//Apparel Candy Review*'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Useful tips! I use a stick concealer on my undereyes so its very prone to creasing, might have to get the Bourjois Healthy Mix powder

    Tia | at0ut.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried a stick concealer, maybe I will have to think of some tips for that x

      Delete
  9. Such helpful tips :) I've found if I don't use a primer under my eyes my concealer has creased with 10 or so minutes and it's so frustrating! I've recently started setting my concealer with powder too, it does make such a difference!

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just trial and error isnt it, everyone has different ways that work for themselves xx

      Delete
  10. This is a great little post. I always used to have problems with concealer creasing all the time.
    Rachael Styles Me xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I try to build up the powder in light layers, although I'm not sure it's working :) Great tips!

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tips. I love the UD setting sprays but haven't tried the MUA one. Will be grabbing that next time I'm in town!

    M xx

    The CSI Girls

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are some great tips, i always have problems with my concealer creasing!

    Vixella Beauty | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig