Monday, 8 June 2015

MOTD: That Monday Morning Look



Hello everyone! As I have been on exam leave (well I go back now but) I have been trying to improve on my eyeshadow looks and definitely a smoky eye. I began to find myself always going for this look especially in the morning and on a monday thus..... monday morning look haha!

I used MUA's Undressed Palette to create this look and of course by the labelling on the picture you can tell how I used these shades. I really enjoy using this palette, is it amazing quality for such a great price. It is the perfect dupe for the Naked palette and is the reason why I haven't bothered buying it. The pigmentation is absolutely amazing and they are so long lasting with no primer whatsoever. I cannot fault this palette. 





Its blunt now which is so so sad and annoying considering how expensive MAC eyeliners are but this is the Fluidline Eye Pencil in Earth Sign which is a dark shimmery brown which has a hint of purple in it too I think anyway! It glides onto your eyes so perfectly and is not uncomfortable on the waterline at all, the eyeliner stays on all day too. It just annoying how its a twisty eyeliner so I can't use it now and I haven't even had it for a month wah! At least my last use was for good reason... my blog!


Then I prime my face using the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser which is a lightweight primer with a velvety texture that smoothes skin making it look flawless and poreless too. The prime allows for your foundation no matter how great of a foundation it is just to apply so effortlessly and perfectly leaving a fantastic result.


Using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush I apply the Bourjois 123 Perfection Foundation which gives you full coverage but still natural at the same time, I don't know how but it just does! I love the idea of the 3 correcting pigments of yellow, purple and green to solve dark circles, dull complexion and redness. This foundation applied with the buffing brush is the perfect combination it was so easy and quick to apply, the buffing motion as well as the formula allows for your foundation to last all day.


At the moment my skin has been awful considering I haven't been under any stress and trust me I have just been sleeping all day everyday but my eating habits have been.... Not so good.... Anyway! I apply the Maybelline Eraser Eye under my eyes which has a great brightening effect.  l just love the foam applicator as it is really soft under the eyes. I use the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer which is so thick but not cake meaning it conceals everything and anything but still does 't look over the top. They both provide a full coverage yet are so lightweight. 


I prefer to go for a more natural contour because I hate those obvious lines that haven't been blended so I am using the MAC Matchmaster concealer which is darker than my colour and just buff it in with my buffing brush.


(Cringing!! I hate pictures of myself!)


I set my face using the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder, ihas an amazingly soft texture and provides medium coverage with a velvety matte finish.


I just lightly bronze using a fan brush with my all time favourite natural bronzer the Solar Powder from Soap & Glory. Its so subtle so it gives my face warmth and colour.


I was thinking of doing a blogpost about my eyebrow routine but they are 3 simply steps, I pencil them for shape using a MAC eyebrow pencil, fill them in using the Sleek Brow Kit and then set them using the Brow Drama gel.





I have a 3 step procedure (I guess you could say) for my lips too. I line them with a Rimmel lip pencil, I go over that and fill it in using the Rimmel Kate Lipstick and then lightly dab the Chanel lipstick on top too. (Just for that slight glossy/shiny affect)


My last step is the MAC Studio Fix Boldblack Lash mascara which has honestly treated my eyelashes so well and really made a difference compared to my other mascaras. It really lengthens and gives my lashes amazing volume which I receive many compliments on.

And there we go! Thank you for reading this post I enjoyed writing it and taking the photos too, what are your go to products for makeup? Comment below!

Taylor x
SHARE:

30 comments

  1. Nice post. Real Techniques Brushes are my favorite makeup brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and love it - had to give you a follow! Really like this look, definitely something to try out for summer
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/summer-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, so well done! :)

    - Che

    www.style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your make-up looks great! I love how your skin has such a nice matte finish, and the eyeshadow really makes the color of your eyes pop!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bourjois foundation looks lovely on you! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, is a little dark at the moment x

      Delete
  6. This is such a nice look! The bronzer looks really great on you, it's so natural and pretty!
    Eden x / edenroses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eden? How did the guest blogging go in the end? Hope my email did help :)

      Delete
  7. Great post!! I really want to try a mac mascara I've never found the perfect mascara!

    Ellie x

    makeupandotherjunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that makeup look! It suits you x

    Liz| lotsofloveliz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look especially the eye makeup. I've been wanting to do a post like this for so long but never get the chance!

    Rachael Styles Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. That lip colour really suits you Taylor! What a lovely and in-depth post :)

    Michaela-Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely look :)

    claresloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm absolutely rubbish with my eyebrows and never know where to begin! You make it look so easy!x

    http://theseprettylittlethingsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. looking good :)

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous post! Love your photography

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the makeup. and the lipstick looks gorgeous!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig