Monday, 1 June 2015

Favourites: May


Hello everyone, today's post is a May favourites! I feel like I haven't done a favourites post in a while so I am excited to show you all what I have been loving.


Firstly I have been loving the Garnier Fresh Cleansing Lotion. It is so light and refreshing to use on the skin and with a cotton wool pad is such an easier and quicker way of cleansing your face especially during the exam period. I should of bought the dry to normal skin one but I don't remember seeing that in Superdrug.



I have been obsessed with using eyeliner at the moment but I always use a dark brown or black which after a while is so dark and sometimes boring therefore I wanted to mix it up a little and try a different colour which is why I have loved the Maybelline Master Drama Chromatics Kohl Eyeliner in Turquoise Vibe. It claims to be water resistant, smudge resistant and long lasting. The eyeliner is really pigmented which looks incredible on the upper lash line and eyelid. The texture of the eyeliner is so soft and buttery literally gliding along your lower lash line with complete ease.


I have been wearing this Topshop nail varnish every single day this May and nothing else which clearly means it must be favourite. The colour is in En Pointe which is such a lovely brown nude/neutral which looks so simple and effortless yet stunning. I am loving these sorts of shades at the moment. It only needs 1 or 2 coats which for me is 5* and is very long lasting, not chipping whatsoever. The perfect nail varnish.


This has been a favourite of mine before and its the Urban Decay Subversion Eyelash Primer which is an amazing primer for your eyelashes. I get so many more compliments on my mascara and lashes when I apply this primer because it makes them so much longer, voluminous and more dramatic too. I  forgot to mention this in other posts but it does apply white but dries out to be clear so don't worry! It is perfect for your mascara to grab onto.


Random but this is something that I love at the moment. This is the Imperial Leather Foamburst shower gel in lime and grapefruit. When you press down the aerosol style top a smooth gel comes out which magically transforms into an amazing foam. The foam is so rich and creamy, a little goes such a long way. It smells incredible also!


This MUA Undressed Palette is my go to Palette right now, I have even been forgetting my Naked 3 (not completely of course but this palette has been picked up much much more!) MUA have some amazing palettes for the price they sell them for so I am always impressed. All of these shades create such beautiful look, I love creating a smoky eye at the moment so this palette has been perfect. 



I used to always use the Sleek Brow Kit or just any powder to fill in my eyebrows rather than shape and define them properly so since going on that MAC lesson/tutorial (which you can read about here!) I have really enjoyed using this MAC Eyebrow Pencil because I have been taught how to use it properly. This is in the shade Stylized which matches my eyerbrows perfectly, with an eyebrow pencil I feel like I have so much more control over the shape of my eyebrows.


Another brow product which I have been using on top of the pencil everyday is the Maybelline Browdrama in Medium Brown which is a sculpting brow mascara. A lot of people have criticised how big the brush is but I have quite large thick and messy brows so this has been really good. It looks so natural yet still shaping and defining the eyebrows. 


The InstaBlur from Body Shop is always reappearing in my favourites, clearly because I love it so much.  Its a velvet smooth base which makes your foundation blend effortlessly as well as last all day long! It promises to control shine, hide blemishes, smooth pores as well as improve your complexion. It's very similar to the Maybelline Pore Eraser which I really like too.


Foundation wise there has only been one foundation I've been reaching for, this is the Rimmel Match Perfection in Light Porcelain 010.  It gives your face such radiance as well as conceals everything and anything like your spots, blemishes as well as redness so you have a flawless but still natural looking coverage. I literally dot this around the face and buff it with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, a little goes such a long way so you only need about 2 pumps maximum.


This is a 2 in 1 product, a blush and a highlighter which I love so much. Its a baked blush in the shade  Halo. It's a pale pink colour with a stunning shimmer and as you can see I have hit pan so clearly it is well loved right now!


I got given this foot mask for my birthday from LUSH and its the Volcano one which you can read about here! I will give a brief description of it now! It is so refreshing and fresh to apply and it contains lemons which I love the scent of so so much! You apply this to your feet and then wrap your feet in cling film which looks so strange just chilling watching Netflix in the living room but it gives you amazing results of super smooth baby skin feet.

And that is all of the favourites! What have you been loving this month? Or have you tried any of these products then please leave your opinion down below in the comments!

Taylor x
SHARE:

45 comments

  1. En Pointe looks like a gorgeous shade! Topshop do some lovely nail varnishes. My MAC brow pencil is my go-to as well, I find I can do my brows far more neatly with a pencil.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a perfect everyday colour! I agree, don't know what I'd do without it now!

      Delete
  2. I like this lotion Garnier)) Happy summer to you, my dear !!

    With love, Nastya Deutsch ❤
    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the shade of that Maybelline eyeliner!

    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Maybelline eyeliner looks beautiful!! I really need to try the primer from TBS, everyone raves about it but I'm yet to pick it up. I love Match Perfection though :).

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great pics! The MAC brow pencil looks gorgeous x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love it! Enjoy the week sweetie!

    I invite you to join my international Banggood giveaway!!

    If you want, we can follow each other. Let me know and I'll do the same!
    Algo pasa con Mary | Bloglovin

    ♥‿♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you will definitely take a look x

      Delete
  7. I've never tried any of Lush's foot creams, I must give one a go! I've heard great things about Insta Blur too.

    Michaela-Leigh x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love foamburst body washes! They are my favourite.
    Some products here I need to try.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah can't wait to hear your thoughts on some of them!

      Delete
  9. this foam burst shower gel looks so amazing! x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great products! I really want to try the Garnier Cleansing Lotion & the Lush Foot Mask!

    Kristin
    Crumbs & Curls

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just reminded me that I need to pick up a brow gel! hehe lovely picks! I want to try out that foot mask!

    http://beautlfull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Once you try it its definitely one of them sorts of repurchases haha x

      Delete
  12. I have another version of that MUA eyeshadow palette! Cheap as chips and by far my favourite

    Emma | The Fashion Six

    ReplyDelete
  13. fun picks! that nail polish looks like the perfect color to wear everyday!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. such lovely products! xo

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. These products all look really lovely! That foundation is my all-time favourite one - I am always repurchasing it. I find a lot of others ones are a bit thick and don't blend well into my pale skin so I end up looking slightly tangerine, haha.
    That turquoise eyeliner is a gorgeous colour too. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This foundation is all that I have been using recently!

      Delete
  16. The UD eyelash primer sounds amazing, definitely want to try!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like to switch up my lotions every once in awhile to keep my skin on its toes, haha. I def will check out the Garnier one!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the eyeshadow Palette!
    xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Topshop nail varnishes, the formula is fab and the packaging is so pretty too xx

    Anniewritesbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Topshop nail polish looks gorgeous! I've not come across that shade before but will look out for it :) I'm a fan of Instablur as well xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  21. The MUA palette has such great natural looking colors!
    Pop on over | Rachael Styles Me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig