Friday, 1 May 2015

Guest Blogger: Favourite Hair Care Products || fifiandthediamonds


I’m Antonia and I blog over at Fifi and the Diamonds. When Taylor asked me to guest post on here, of course I said yes. So i’m here today to share some of my favourite hair care products with you. Highlighting my hair for ten years has caused some serious damage to my hair, and maintaining blonde locks takes requires a lot of upkeep. I’ve found a few products that I now consider my absolute holy grails when it comes to hair care. 

OGX are a brand i’ve only really discovered recently. I’ve always been a bit intrigued by these bottles when I see them on the shelves in Boots and it took me forever to work out the brand name (it’s right there on the bottle, pretty obvious really). I use the OGX Ever Straight Brazillian Keratin Shampoo at the moment. I have a Brazillian blow dry about every 4 months, but when it’s coming to the end of the cycle my hair definitely needs some support. This smells absolutely divine, and has definitely helped strengthen my locks. My only issue with this is it does contain sulfates, which are something I usually try and avoid. They reverse the effects of the Brazillian blow dry so this is one I only reach for when it’s already worn off anyway. 

OGX Sunkissed Blonde Lemon Highlights Conditioner is my absolute hero when it comes to maintaining blonde hair. I’ve been known to reach for silver shampoo and conditioner when things get desperate, but they can be quite drying and harsh. This is my go-to when my hair needs nourishing and it helps keep any brassy tones at bay. It contains both lemon oil and key lime extract which gives it a gorgeous, citrus scent. It leaves my hair feeling soft and nourished every time. At 385ml, both the shampoo and conditioner are generous sized bottles. 

Now i’ll be totally honest, I can be a bit lazy. On days when I just cannot be bothered to wash my hair i’ll usually reach for a bottle of COLAB Dry Shampoo. At the moment my favourite one is ‘Paris’. It smells divine and the sheer invisible formula is just that - it leaves my hair looking fresh without that white residue that we’ve all come to know so well. 



In terms of styling there three products which I routinely rely on. Having a Brazillian blow dry is all well and good until it comes to wanting curls - my hair can be a bit lacklustre and flat at times. Toni and Guy Salt Spray gives it that extra texture and makes beach waves and curls possible. I towel dry my hair and spritz this equally through my hair. 

On the other end of the spectrum is L’Oreal Mythic Oil. On occasions my hair can get a bit out of control and needs a bit of taming. This smooths down any frizz and and makes my hair look oh so glossy. Both this and the Toni and Guy Salt Spray are available in miniatures and full size bottles. 

The final step for me is always Fudge Iced Raspberry and Vanilla Hair Spray. Not only does this smell absolutely amazing, but it gives a firm, strong hold to my hair whatever the style. It’s not at all sticky and easily brushes out, but manages to hold my hair in place all day long. 



These are just a handful of products that I routinely reach for as part of my haircare routine. Although my routine is always changing, these are all pretty much staple products. Thank you so much to Taylor for having me on her lovely blog!

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I'm so behind!! I'm still yet to try out that Collab dry shampoo, I've heard it's great (:

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Bastite one too (no clue how you spell it!)

      Delete
  2. Omg I'm so behind with everything I don't know aby of those brands besides Toni And Guy

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!! Thats why I needed Antonia!!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig