Friday, 10 April 2015

Guest Blogger: Day to Night Look || yetanothermakeupblog


Doesn't everybody just love a good smokey eye? It looks good on everyone, it's so simple and yet it looks like you actually put effort in, and most importantly it's so versatile. My favourite way, aka. the easiest way, of doing the smokey eye is the "one shade all over", as it uses minimal products and  you can change it from natural looking to serious drama in a matter of seconds. (ok, maybe not seconds).

For this day to night look, I am using the exact same products but only in different ways to either achieve that natural, effortless look or the serious drama look.

Products Used:
  • Sleek Garden of Eden palette - Shade Python
  • Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks - Brownie
  • Maybelline Color Elixir- Caramel Infused
  • Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
  • Maybelline Miss Manga Mascara

For the day time look, I patted the eyeshadow along the lash line, almost like you're using an eyeliner, and blended the leftover product on the brush on the lower lashline. I made sure not to blend this too far up the eyelids, just enough so it's visible. For the cheeks, I used a very light hand, and applied only on the tops of my cheeks for an uplifting effect. For the lips, I chose a natural nude colour since you know- nude lips and smokey eyes are a match made in heaven. 


Disclaimer: ok, I know this doesn't look very different, but the eyeshadow actually looks a lot darker in real life. Trust me.

For the eyes, I used the same eyeshadow and blended it all over the eyelids this time. After that, I applied more product nearer the lashline, to intensify the smokey eye and creating a gradient effect. For the cheeks, I wasn't exactly heavy handed with this, but I used more product and focused it under the cheekbones for a bronzed contour.

How do you do a smokey eye?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love looks that you can easily take from day to night, especially when you haven't got a lot of time to get ready! :)

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely :) and agree you can wear it whenever! Very natural!

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'Bad Hair Day? No Way*'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and beautiful. :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig