Friday, 13 March 2015

Brand Focus: Rimmel London || My Top Picks


Another brand focus woop woop and it's Rimmel!

A little history for you all! Rimmel is a British cosmetics brand founded in 1834 by Eugène Rimmel. He is most famous for his innovative invention of the first commercial non-toxic mascara. When he died in 1887, his two sons inherited his beauty empire and dediced to focus on eye-enhancing products, in particular mascaras. The mascaras became so popular, that "Rimmel” is to this day the word for mascara in several languages. (Little fun fact for you all) Now bizzarely I haven't chosen a mascara for one of my top picks which now after looking at the history I find ever so bad about!! But here are my top picks....

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

Now this is an all time favourite foundation of mine which I always pick up to waken myself up and look so much better. It is described to give an anti-fatigue effect and radiant glow which is perfect because I want that instant flawless look with a natural airbrush finish. The coverage is amazing (not heavy at all) and it really brightens your face and conceals any tiredness.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

Haven't used this concealer in such a long time but I love it! This just ensures that all redness or blemishes is covered. It has an illuminating effect which I love because I apply the concealer under my eyes which really brightens my face.

Rimmel Exageratte Lip Liners in Addiction and EastEnd Snob

These nude pink lip liners are amazing for giving your lips a full pigmented look but makes your lips also look so plump and full. They are super creamy and apply so well!

Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in In Love With Ginger


MAC dupe alert for Lady Danger!! This is just one of the many Rimmel lipsticks I love. Its such a beautiful orangey red colour which I just adore and has great lasting power too. I am always so impressed with Rimmel's lip products! (I own a purple Rimmel lipstick which I am in love with right now for a vampy look)

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation

This foundation gives such a radiance to the face as well as concealing anything and everything. With this foundation I don't use a concealer for my spots or any redness because it gives such a flawless coverage. I use this pretty much everyday for school so it just had to be in my top picks.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

Dusting this powder on my t-zone ensures that I don't look shiny or sweaty in certain areas, I also dust it all over my face to set my concealer to ensure it stays on for the whole night. I have it in peach glow which definitely evens out my complexion and reduces even more redness.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Mono Blush in Santa Rose

It's such a natural and pretty shade for the apples of your cheeks, I've even heard it's a good dupe of NARS Orgasm!

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 22

Another red lip product I love from Rimmel is this Kate Moss one in the shade 22 which I recieved from Ellie at Makeupandotherjunk (take a look here, she deserves so many readers!) It is such a classic red which looks amazing on pale people may I just say! I adore the packaging especially with her signature on it. The texture of the lipstick is smooth and creamy (my favourite, that sounded weird!) as well as really pigmented too. 

I'm going to be honest I don't think any bronzers, eyeshadow, brow products or mascaras are all that so I haven't picked any of them but if any of you do know any good ones from Rimmel then please do comment them! Really enjoy doing a brand focus post :)

Taylor x
SHARE:

29 comments

  1. I've been meaning to try out the Rimmel lipliners but always seem to forget so I'm glad I've just read your post! Haha x

    blushhx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing, recently brought the shade Spice which I love too! xx

      Delete
  2. I have heard so many good reviews of the lip liners, Rimmel are one of my favourite brands i love the Stay Matte Primer! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo haven't tried the primer what would you say its similar to?x

      Delete
  3. Such a good post. I love the lip products from Rimmel and am a huge fan of both your lipliner picks! I also love their lipstick in 30 - it's my perfect A/W shade.
    Leanne xx
    nailsandteapots

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post! I really like Rimmel London but the Wake Me Up foundation was awful for my skin type, it just didn't work for me although I seem to be the only one who didn't like it! I love the Wake Me Up concealer though :D xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that is such a shame, its such a dewy foundation which looks so healthy! Concealer is amazing though xx

      Delete
  5. I love Rimmel stay matte, so good for the price too!
    x

    sabrinaharriet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its between this and the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder although I do want to try the Clear Complexion one x

      Delete
  6. I love Rimmel's foundations! I find their powders don't really mix as well, but the Wake Me Up Foundation is amazing! I like their lipcare range, though I've never tried their lipliners. Out of all of the high street ranges, I think Rimmel is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah their powders are most raved about, I love hearing other peoples thoughts!!

      Delete
  7. Lovely post! Stay Matte powder is my favourite ;)

    I did a mini-high-end haul op my post today! http://charlinehasablog.blogspot.com/2015/03/mini-high-end-haul.html

    Love, Charline
    Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both eastend snob and the stay matte powder, but definitely want to pick up more lip pencils from rimmel x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spice and Addiction are really good x

      Delete
  9. The moisture renew lipsticks are AMAZING! also, there's nothing better than the stay matte powder
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Live and die by the stay matte powder haha!

      Delete
  10. I love the Wake Me Up concealer, it makes me look much more radiant. Stay Matte is a definite staple for me too! If you like dark lips, you should try the shade 'Dark Night Waterl-oops!' from the Moisture Renew range next, its a gorgeous dark purple :)

    Michaela-Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! Rimmel are my absolute favourite brand to go to in boots and superdrug - always so cheap and of such good quality. I agree with so many of your top picks!

    Em | beauty&bullshit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, now you made me miss the concealer and setting powder. Will need to repurchase both in the near future. I also NEED to try out their lipsticks, so much rave :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rimmel is one of my favourite drugstore brands :) I love their lipsticks and concealers the most!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only ever tried one concealer what others are there?

      Delete
  14. Like this your post, because it’s really awesome! Can’t wait to see the next one!)

    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Match Perfection, but couldn't really get on with Wake Me Up - don't know why.

    http://beewritesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig