Monday, 16 February 2015

My Current Base/Foundation Routine || February 2015


Recently I have just become obsessed with using the same products for my base every single day rather than trying to experiment therefore I thought I would show you all what I have been enjoying to use.



Talk about this product so so much but I will rave about it until I find something better which I am not sure will happen! I use the Seventeen 3 Way Highlighter as a primer to create a radiant glow achieving my dewy, fresh base that I love so much. It's not only a great dupe of the Loreal Lumi Magique but also the Benefit High Beam too! It just lifts your foundation so much and makes you look incredibly healthy as if you've come back from a holiday with that sort of glow that you get.


I adore the Rimmel Match Perfection although extremely dark for 'True Ivory' it aims to give light perfecting radiance which I 100% agree with! Its great for those dry skin days, because its getting so cold I have been really struggling with my skin at the moment, and also conceals anything and everything. With this foundation I don't use a concealer for my spots or any redness because it gives such a flawless coverage. A little definitely goes a long way with this product too which I always love because it means I can't run out of it quickly haha!


To get rid of them awful awful bags under my eyes my go to has been the Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer. I do the old triangles under the my eyes and it does a fabulous job of brightening under my eyes as well as providing full coverage that lasts all day.


To give a warmth to my complexion the Benefit Hoola bronzer is always my first choice, using a fan brush I just do the 3 trick (temple, the underside of the cheekbone, jawline/chin) and I've also started to apply it on my hairline too, weird I know! I love this bronzer because as I have said before its not orange toned and is very matte which for me creates a natural look.


I also used another bronzer in an attempt to contour my nose (you are allowed to laugh) I use the Loreal Glam Bronze Wild Instinct powder. The brush that comes with it is perfect to contour nose and make it look thinner. I am explaining it so well aren't I? 


For blusher I use the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr blush in Blissful. Its such a pretty warm peach colour that is so pigmented yet natural at the same time. The texture is so easy to blend also.


I also like a bit of shimmer on my blush as well as some highlight on my cheekbone. The Beauty UK baked blush in Halo has a lovely pale pink colour with a lot of shimmer!


As I love to go over the top with my highlighting, I use the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder which is supposed to be a good dupe of a MAC Mineral Skin Finish. It has such a soft and silky texture that when applied is very shimmery. For its incredibly cheap price its amazing! 


To highlight again on my cheekbones (I feel sorry for them sometimes) I apply the Lord & Berry Luminizer Highlighter & Concealer Stick. It's a creamy highlight which really helps achieving the dewy look I love.


To powder my face I use the Clinique To Go Set powder which is in the little travel set. The powder is perfect for setting my makeup as well as ensuring that I don't look too look much like a disco ball/sweaty betty. It reminds me very much of the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder but not as light in coverage and natural as this sort of gives a colour too.

And thats everything! Sorry for the inconsistent lighning in the pictures! What are your top products for your base/foundation routine? Comment below.

Taylor x
SHARE:

44 comments

  1. I love the Seventeen Wow Highlighter, its amazing under foundation! I use alot of the same products! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my go to primer which is slowly running out wah!!! Omg thats so cool x

      Delete
  2. Definitely want to try out the Rimmel foundation..

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rimmel match perfection foundation! I remember it being my first ever one! xx
    emilyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've heard really good things about tarte.. really want to try their blush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so so pretty and worth it, you can get them from QVC :)

      Delete
  5. Love your photo! :)

    http://iwish-zuzi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really must try the Rimmel foundation and Tarte blush they sound amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to try out the Rimmel foundation. Great post.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Maybelline Eye Eraser and Beauty UK Baked Blush. I still haven't tried Hoola, I feel I really should go buy it!
    Love your photos! :)

    Amzyinwonderland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice products! I have Rimmel Match Perfection as well and I like it. I just wish I would get a shade darker :) xx Maja
    - http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice things and fur! :)

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah thank you! Of course I'll take a look :)

      Delete
  11. Love this post, the Tarte Amazonian Clay looks amazing

    Adaora
    www.always-becoming.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Randomly found your blog and can’t express how I like it! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos! I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg isnt that the best way finding a blog!! Thank you so so much, will take a look at your blog :)

      Delete
  13. is there anything as wonderful as a tarte blush? I THINK NOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! Tarte's blushes are wonderful!

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm obsessed with that Seventeen highlighter too, such a great product!! Like the sound of the maybelline eye concealer and that baked blush, may have to give those a try :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do, would love to hear your thoughts :) xx

      Delete
  16. I've been wanting to try Hoola for absolutely ages but I've never got round to purchasing it. It's definitely on my to-buy list lol X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fab product, 100% best bronzer x

      Delete
  17. I love the Rimmel London Match Perfection foundation! I might have to invest in a Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer... it looks so good!

    petalsofperfection.blogspot.co.uk

    Sophie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rimmel foundations are top notch! And yes please do, would love to hear your thoughts on it x

      Delete
  18. This is such a great post. Glad I stumbled apon your blog.
    Becca
    www.lovefashionandmakeup14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. great post, I love the instant anti-age concealer. I need to try the seventeen wow skin highlighter, I have been dithering over whether to buy the Benefit High Beam or not, but I think I will buy this one instead!x

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thats great to hear, saves so much money getting a good dupe :)x

      Delete
  20. I love rimmel foundations! Also love the look of the Lord and Berry highlighter - haven't tried it before but it looks really nice and easy to apply!

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've recently picked up the Maybelline Eraser Concealer to try, but haven't got round to it yet, glad it works because my under eyes are looking a little worse for wear lately! I blame endless uni deadlines!

    www.shannonstacey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I am the exact same with a levels x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig