Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Get Ready With Me: Valentine's Look


So today is a get ready with me for if you are going out on a date, out with your friends or with your parents (I did last year) then this look is perfect! This year I decided to opt for a natural, pretty pink look which I find so cute.




For a primer I want something which is going to give me a radiant glow and gorgeous natural shine to my face which will make me look very healthy. This Loreal primer is a super soft and light base product that allows for your foundation to glide beautifully on your skin as well as achieving a dewy look.


If you are on a date then I would definitely opt for a full coverage foundation which doesn't look too heavy or cakey and the Loreal True Match is perfect for this. Its my go to forever and always!! I don't need any concealer and literally need about 1 layer of this for me to look spot free and have no redness at all. I use a buffing brush from Real Techniques and them together are a perfect combination for effortless, flawless skin.


The perfect product for covering them awful bags as well as brightening under my eyes is the Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer. I love the foam applicator as it is really soft under the eyes and blends the concealer all together so well. It provides a full coverage yet is so lightweight. 


I love this powder has an amazingly soft texture and provides medium coverage with a velvety matte finish. Its great for ensuring that I am not looking too dark with the Loreal foundation as it can be seen a little darker than usual and this powder is so natural with no cakeyness!


For a quick two in one product I have chosen my E.L.F Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in Antigua. Now this is perfect for taking to the toilets for a touch up as you have both your bronzer and blush. It blends really well on your face and can be so buildable. I am not massive fan of shimmery bronzers but it does help with this dewy look I am going for but adore the shimmery blush.


Highlighting my face is so important for me, especially on my cheek bones! This Beauty UK Baked Blush is amazing when the light hits your face as you see this beautiful pale pink shimmer.


I use this Rimmel white eyeliner for brightening my eyes to ensure my eyes look wide awake! This eyeliner is really soft (not hurting your waterline) and lasts all day, two things you need in an eyeliner!


For special occasions I always prime my eyes and this one is weirdly from the Tescos beauty range but it works so well and was incredibly cheap.


I love the pink shades from this MUA palette which I create a super pretty pink smoky eye from.


I like to use this Benefit eyeliner to make my mascara look thicker, if that makes any sense? I used to love this eyeliner but recently it has been becoming more and more dry and difficult to work with so it may have to go....


For clearly 'mega volume' I have chosen this Loreal mascara which does what it claims. It lengthens them so much and makes them look so full.


I am really getting into this lip liner trend at the moment and I am loving to use my Rimmel lip liner which I mentioned in a previous haul and lip tag. Its so soft and lasts all day.


I didn't want anything too bright on my lips as I think it can sometimes look a bit OTT so this Revlon crayon I just love! Demure is a super pretty light nude pink shade which gives a cute gloss and has an amazing buttery texture which is really comfortable on the lips.

And there we go! My look done and dusted! What products do you love for Valentines? Comment below.

Taylor x
SHARE:

30 comments

  1. I don't have any products in particular that I love for valentines day, but I can always find something, My Apocalips Lipsticks by Rimmel are always great to wear, virbrant and shiny. Great post, some lovely products, love that blush and bronzer.

    Meme xx

    Latest Post out now
    '100 Questions With Meme//Tag'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These products (especially the lipliner) look and sound amazing!
    It would have been nice to see the finished look on you, I bet it looks lovely x

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lip liner has got to be my favourite product at the moment!
      Aaaaah I will have to update the post on Saturday with the look or post it on Instagram, my name is whattaylorbuys on it :)

      Delete
  3. I just posted my very own Valentine's Day Look but the more posts I see about other people's looks makes me so unsatisfied with mine! I bet yours turned out stunning!

    Check out my blog?
    Krystal @ Little Beauty Bug | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo I will have to take a look, I'm sure you have some products I will envy! x

      Delete
  4. Love this, I really want to try the Loreal foundation, and that tesco eye primer sounds great! I've actually just put up a Valentines Date Night look on my blog if you'd like a look. You can read it here.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my holy grail foundation! And you'd never think a tesco beauty product would be so good! I will read it now :)

      Delete
  5. I love the Benefit eyeliner!
    And intrigued to see how this lip combo looks, pretty sure I have both those products so will have to give it a go.

    Great post!
    nailsandteapots xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, it's starting to become dry now which is a bit annoying! The lip liner is slightly darker but I weirdly like it x

      Delete
  6. Did you hit pan on your highlighter? If so, congratulations! Hehe.. I love the ELF blush in Antigua, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! First product ever I think hahaha, it was a scary experience!! Its such a stunning pink :)

      Delete
  7. Need Miss Manga mascara in my life!!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great products! So high quality, wow!
    I lvoe the pics, they are quite inspiring!

    xoxo Colli // tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the elf contouring palette! You have some fab pieces xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk - don't forget to enter my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh so many fab products!! I looove the powder, only powder I have ever got on with - it is so great. I REALLY want to try that concealer but everytime I go to the shop it is sold out, it's like I'm destined not to try it! One day :) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaah that is such a shame, you must try it :)

      Delete
  11. Great post !!!

    I love your blog

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    I have also shared your blog with my friends :)

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi dear,
    Your blog is so cute. Now, I'm your new follower. I hope you can follow me back.
    Btw, great post.
    Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The revlon crayon packaging is gorgeous. I'm such a fan of the L'Oreal foundation. Really like the looks of the of the products mentioned x

    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always wanted to try that eye primer but I can never find it in Tesco, also I really love Loreal True Match too, its so good! xx

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thats such a shame! Maybe online?? Its an amazing foundation xx

      Delete
  15. I've heard so many good things about the bourjois healthy balance powder x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its great for a natural look, between this and the rimmel stay matte x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig