Sunday, 1 February 2015

Favourites: December 2014/January 2015


So its that time again favourites!! Wooo this a mixture of my December and January (so current) favourites as I thought it would just be easier to combine the two!



My first choice has to be one of my favourite Christmas presents I got which is the Tarte CC Primer. It looks so cool with the purple and green sections with the brown as if its a cake or something haha! This primer is great for correcting any redness on your face as well as improving your complexion so much.  Not only is it a primer but it also provides some coverage for your skin too. I've seen so many negative reviews about it but I have really enjoyed using this for a natural look.


For those days at school when I want a natural look I literally just paint this all over my face and blend it with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. I brought ages ago and since falling in love with the concealer of this range I have started to use this more often. It provides a medium coverage I would say but has such a lightweight texture making it quick to apply and blend.


I just adore the smell of this Soap & Glory Sugar Crush body wash mmmmmmm! The Soap & Glory range never ever fail me. I adore this lime scent it has as it leaves you feeling refreshed and smelling good. Been grabbing this every time I'm in the shower and I think some people in my house have been too, how cheeky of them!


I think I mentioned this in a previous favourites or I hope I did! The Kiko Light Legs Crackling Mousse has been amazing for me. TMI but I have so many stretch marks on my legs and this has really helped make them look less visible which I am so thankful for. Its so funny when you first put it out onto your hand it crackles and fizzes which scared the life out of me!! And it crackles more as you are rubbing it in haha! 


Those cracked lips in Winter are super annoying so using this lip scrub has helped so much. It tastes like candyfloss and sweets which I love, I am currently on a diet and its so sad how much I've been loving it haha! It gets rid of all the dead skin and leaves them feeling all super smooth and soft.


And after the lip scrub I've been applying my Carmex! I weirdly love the tingling effect it has on your lips and the super overbearing smell I love too! It has just been helping so much with my lips at the moment.


Whenever I wear this nail varnish I receive so many compliments!! It's such an amazing colour and really makes you stand out, especially during the Winter. It takes about 2 coats so be fully opaque which I love as its so quick. It just looks amazing.


This is one of those products that's always been a favourite but I don't want to bring it up every single month. This Rimmel Lip Lacquer is a highly pigmented liquid lipstick which gives a shiny and glossy finish which I love and the texture is thick, sort of creamy, but not sticky at all which is great. I love a natural lip so much!


Whenever I look at the product I fall in love so much, this YSL lipstick in Peach Passion is incredible! The packaging is just so luxurious and makes me feel glamorous. It has a lovely fruity scent, watermelon I think, to it also. Its a very creamy lipstick with a glossy finish that is comfortable to wear. The colour is just stunning and I think would suit any skin tone. Definitely worth the expensive price tag!


This palette is always a staple for me, a palette that I always pick up when I am off out or in a rush. I love the last three shades which are Naked 2, Faint and Crave. They are such simple neutral eyeshadows which are ideal for everyday use or can even be switched up for an evening look. It's the size I think I love the most because its can go in my bag and is good for travelling.


I was so so excited to find out that La Roche-Posay products were now available in the UK! I literally ran to my nearest shop and picked up this thermal spring water which has done wonders for my skin. I know some of you may be thinking why buy water in a can but there is something that just helps your skin so much. It really soothes and tones the skin by being gentle on the skin too which is hard to find these days.


How beautiful is this Tarte 12hr Blush!!! Its in the shade Blissful which is perfect for that natural flush of colour, its a lovely warm peach. It's buildable and very pigmented with a great texture to it also, blending like a dream.

What have you been loving this month? Comment below!

Taylor x
SHARE:

36 comments

  1. Carmex is such a good pocket cosmetic, i take it everywhere! The YSL lipstick looks gorgeous too! xx
    Katherine Rosie | Beauty, Lifestyle & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carmex is such a life saver and I know right!! xx

      Delete
  2. i absolutely love carmex! and i really want to try out the naked basics 2 palette, just have to convince myself to spend that much (i'm a bit of cheapskate) - great post!

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try it too but I just keep telling myself its that same (when its sort of not!!)

      Delete
  3. They all look amazing! China Glaze nail polish are the best!
    Love
    Pili
    pils13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Discovered your blog after I read a comment you posted. What a lovely article, the YSL lipstick is gorgeous. Much love, Sjoukje
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow – I love the pictures! Want all this stuff, too. You’re making me jealous!
    Also the design of your whole blog is really pretty, girl! ♡
    I’m following you via gfc & look forward for your next post. You’re great – keep going! ♡
    http://adoorablee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so so much, such a lovely comment xx

      Delete
  6. Just discovered your wonderful blog after you left a comment on mine. Great products, they all look amazing!
    Following you on GFC & Bloglovin.

    http://ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! I really love reading your blog :)
      http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  7. NEED the naked basics, ugggh neutrals heaven! I've been loving l'oreal true match this month!

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just!! I am always loving the loreal true match, I think it would get boring mentioning it every time but I love it :)

      Delete
  8. I love Kiko's stuff, can't go wrong with them

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's the name of the China Glaze polish? I love china glaze in general! :)
    Katie from katiavagyok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah! It's a cool color! They make the best bright/neon colors!

      Delete
  10. So many good favourites! I love Carmex lip balm!

    Jana
    Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to try some Tarte products, especially the blushes. This month I've been loving my Naked 2 palette and my Burts Bees lip balm in coconut and pear, it tastes so yummy and really makes my lips feel soft.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they look so so good! I must get my hands on the Naked 1 & Naked 2!

      Delete
  12. I love absolutely all soap & glory products they are just amazing! And carmex is literally my go to lip balm, it really helps.

    Taylor Mayed

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to try the naked basics palette love the colours
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got Naked 2 for Christmas and absolutely love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to try out that Lush lip scrub as I've heard so many great reviews on it. I don't think I've heard any blogger fault it lol X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig