Thursday, 1 January 2015

The Morning After The Night Before Look



Happy New Years day!! If you are like me that you must be very very tired (or for some very hungover) therefore I thought I would show you all my go to products for when I need to look like I've had sleep and look more human. I've just celebrated round my friends but got barely any sleep and now I'm off for lunch and cinema with my cousin. So I just go for an over the top dewy look, I hope you can take some tips from this and enjoy reading!



I know that most of you will be thinking that priming my face is a little over the top just for the morning after but using an light primer which illuminates your face makes all the difference. I have chosen the Loreal Lumi Magique primer and it gives such an amazing glow to the face.


Now I would also recommend using a light foundation with gives a dewy effect or a tinted moisturiser. I use the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation as it gives an anti-fatigue effect (perfect) and a radiant glow. I apply this with my RT sponge to ensure that it is a light coverage so I don't look cakey. 


If you are like me then you get some real bad bags!! To cover these I am using my trusting YSL Touche Elat to brighten underneath my eyes. It contains micro shimmer particles that reflect light waking you up immediately. The texture is so light and easy to blend as well as not creasing at all under the eye. 


Lord & Berry where would I be without you on those days I look like a zombie! It's a creamy highlight which really brightens your face and I love to use for my cheekbones and brow bone. 


Another firm favourite is of course the MUA powder highlight which I recommend to everyone and anyone these days! It's a super cute pinky champagne highlighting powder which gives your face a pretty and healthy looking glow that I apply to my cheekbones and forehead (bizzarely)


I don't want to go over the top with my bronzing therefore I opt for a subtle bronzer which is the Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder which comes with a highlight also. This is the perfect bronzer for us pale people as it is not orange toned, its just matte and very buildable adding that perfect warmth to your face.


I don't go over the top with mascara either so I just grab my Topshop Long Lash mascara which provides length to my lashes. I feel that putting even the slighest amount of mascara on makes a difference.


Something natural for the lips which is my Clarins Lip Perfector which gives a slight shine and colour to the lips.

Short but sweet! I didn't want to ramble too much especially with those of you reading today who may be feeling a bit worse for wear! What are your crucial products to use when you aren't feeling too good or tired? Comment below!

Happy new year! Lots and lots of love!
Taylor x
SHARE:

50 comments

  1. Lovely! I always make sure to add a bit of blush when I'm feeling worse for wear, as it perks up my whole face with minimal effort ;) I agree as well, mascara makes all the difference sometimes. Happy new year! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely. I never suit a light coverage foundation due to having horrible skin but I love your picks. Love a good highlighter to wake the aul face up when it needs it :) Hope you have had a lovely new year :)

    Rachael x | N o v e m b e r S t o r m s |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have terrible spots and this foundation really does the job of covering them so its not too light, I think I completely worded it wrong, so sorry! Happy new year xx

      Delete
  3. great products used!! I bet your makeup looked lovely :) xx

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much Laura, happy new year x

      Delete
  4. I need all these products! Lovely blog :) Followed!
    Happy new year btw!
    xx
    vanityflows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, going to check out your blog now :)
      Happy new year x

      Delete
  5. Lips stick color looks good and even product looks fine.

    http://www.trendin.com/branded-men-shoes_423

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a perfect mix of products to give a glow! Love the look of that MUA highlighter especially :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is currently so gross because I have lost the lid! Thanks x

      Delete
  7. Looks like amazing products dear.

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all about covering them under eye circles for me haaaa, happy new year!

    Alice x
    Sheer Beautiful l Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a lovely bunch of products! really need to repurchase touche eclat

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so wary of buying it but I've never looked back!

      Delete
  10. Hope you had a great new year, I love this post and agree, after a heavy night it's nice having one of those minimal makeup days, I love your picks - Need to get hold of the Lord and Berry Highlight it looks and sounds lovely x
    Danielle ||Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year! The highlight is amazing :) x

      Delete
  11. Hope you had a great new year hunny, and yeah i couldn't agree more i love nothing more than a minimalistic look after wearing loads of makeup the night before! x

    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jess, happy new year to you too! x

      Delete
  12. I love this primer, it gives such a lovely glow to the skin. My much needed product is concealer, tons of it. I attack my face with Soap & Glory's Kick Ass Concealer and hope for the best haha xx

    abambilegsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I think I might just start using just concealer xx

      Delete
  13. I love your initial pictures for all of your posts! Very enticing and paying close attention to the colours! Following now, excited for more posts! :) xx
    emilyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a great selection of products! I love the Wake Me Up foundation, it makes you look so awake! Lovely blog

    Jess // Where'sMyLipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jess, love your blog:) x

      Delete
  15. świetny ten post! :D
    fenomenalnie prowadzisz bloga i spełniasz się w ty m :)
    życzę dalszych sukcesów
    może wspólna obserwacja? jesli tak to zaobserwuj i daj znać na moim blogu
    z pewnością się odwdzięczę :*
    pozdrawiam :*

    http://meeaningoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry if I have translated this wrong but thank you for the lovely comment and yes I will check out your blog :)

      Delete
  16. This is such a wicked idea, so cool! I think we all have those mornings where we have things to do, but we look like shit from the night before so we need makeup to make us look alive haha. I agree that just a bit of mascara changes everything - especially if you curl them before, it immediately opens up the eyes. Good stuff.

    Z. | J. POTTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much! Yes how could I forget curlers, so silly of me!

      Delete
  17. OoOo Is this what you wore in your picture on instagram where you were literally glowing?! <3 x

    Lucie xx
    Fatbeautyx | Plus Size Fashion & Beauty Blogger & Vlogger



    Don't forget to join StyleLifeBeauty on their Facebook Group & Twitter helping to grow your followers and bring together Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so! Either this or my new years eve look :) Thank you <3
      I will definitely check that out!

      Delete
  18. Super glowy, perfect!

    Georgina
    foxonthehunt.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really enjoyed the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation! It smells so fresh, like cucumbers!!

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting Post ,great Work!

    kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice post! I was wondering how you liked your RT sponge? Obviously a lot with all that residue, but really - how do you like it? My BeautyBlender is on its last legs. Womp. Womp. :(

    Tiff | AMtoPM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah hahaha the RT sponge is my go to for quick and easy application, its a great dupe of the BeautyBlender :)

      Delete
  22. Lovely selectiong of products!
    xMadiha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig