Thursday, 15 January 2015

Tag: The Lipstick Tag


Hello guys! I thought I would do a fun tag all about the lipsticks I own! (Can't stop crying about the YSL lipstick I've ruined, shame on me!) Let's get on with it!


1. How many lipsticks do you own?
I own 41!! Wow, that's either incredibly sad or impressive... Who knows!

2. What was your first ever lipstick?
Definitely a Natural Collection one, probably a nude colour too. Natural Collection was the first brand of makeup products I brought from when I first started wearing makeup. They are pretty affordable and good quality for their price. I think if I was 13/14 again I probably would go and buy an MUA lipstick.


3. What is your favourite lipstick brand?
Oooo tough question! Got to be between Rimmel, Maybelline and Topshop haha! I love Rimmel and Maybelline for their choices of colours and different finshes but the quality of Topshop lipsticks are amazing. (Maybe I will get back to you!!!)


4. What is your most worn lipstick(s)?
Because of school there have to be nude pink ones so I have narrowed it down to the main 4 I use. Firstly is the Collection Volume Sensation lipstick in 12 Tea Rose. The next is a Lipstick Queen product in The Hustle. Kiko lipsticks are amazing so I always pick up Luscious Cream - Creamy Lipstick in 507 Peach Rose. Lastly but certainly not least is the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 54 Boy.

5. What is your favourite finish of lipstick?
I think its most likely to be a cream as they feel really hydrating and soft on the lips as well as providing an opaque look. 


6. Last lipstick you bought?
Well I literally just gone shopping and you will see it in my haul that I got myself a Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in Shade 03 and a Loreal Blake Lively Red Lipstick. You can check out first impressions in the haul post too.



7. How many lip products do you have in your bag?
Well I go to sixth form so I have some in my blazer pocket and some in my school bag. I carry the lipstick I am wearing in my blazer pocket (which at the moment is the YSL Rouge volupté lipstick in Peach Passion), the Clarins Gloss Appeal lip gloss and my Nivea lip balm for when my lips get super cracked and gross. In my school bag I will have a sheer red (Clinique All Heart) and a pink/purple shade (Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balms in Whimsical) with me in case I want to brighten my look instead of it looking so natural. So overall 5 products, woah thats lame!


8. What is your favourite red?
Being a teenager I don't really have the money to be going out and buying MAC lipsticks (I own a couple but thats when I go to the duty free or I am abroad) so my favourite red would probably be a dupe of a MAC red lipstick. I am currently debating between a MAC Russian Red dupe which is the Loreal Blake Lively Red lipstick (well its sort of a dupe) and Rimmel In Love With Ginger as a dupe for Lady Danger.


9. How do you store your lipsticks?
I store my lipsticks in a Muji acrylic storage darwer with a flip lid. For the ones that don't fit in the flip lid I store in the draw below it but my go to and favourites will be in the top flip lid.

10. Currently lusting after?
I am lusting after so so many but my main two are the Tom Ford and Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks! They are both high end (and very pricey) but the packaging is so so beautiful and the quality of them I have heard are amazing so are worth the money.

This was so much fun to do and really made me see how I need to start using some more of my lipsticks! I am also more of a drugstore lipstick kind of girl but would really like to save some money for some MAC ones so do tell me some good ones! Comment below what lipstick you would pick if you could only have one for the rest of your life!

Taylor x
SHARE:

30 comments

  1. Oh wow I love your collection, I'm like this but with nail polish, I might do a post about that in the future!
    Love this post <3

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! 41 is so impressive! I would try to wear one type a week and get through them all and see what they are like. Loved this post Taylor :)

    Rachael x | N o v e m b e r S t o r m s |

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my kind of tag! May just have to do it :X

    Atopsyturvyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much fun! If you do then please send me the link x

      Delete
  4. If I could only have one lipstick for the rest of my life I'd choose MAC Rebel! I love it so much...

    Emma | The Fashion Six

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO JEALOUS. This collection is a dream come true. I'm sitting here counting the six or so that I have… And I've always wanted to try the Topshop brand lipsticks, so I might just need to give them a try!

    Maggie D. x
    http://mychicadventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all about quantity! Mainly quality really! Topshop are amazing, think the lipsticks are the best from their makeup x

      Delete
  6. Wow, you have quite a collection! Lovely shades!

    Abigail | Cheers to Now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord, this just made me try to gauge how many lipsticks I have off the top of my head and shudder. Lol. You have a lovely selection though. I've never tried Topshop lippies. Might just check them out the next time I go to Kuala Lumpur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Topshop lipsticks are amazing x

      Delete
  8. Love the selection! I'd love a Tom Ford too :(
    Cute post!

    Emilie x

    emiliethehackett.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post has definitely inspired me to up my lipstick game! Don't you just love the packaging on the KIKO lipsticks? I'm a tad obsessed with them at the moment :)

    Farida xxx
    www.thefadjournal.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun tag! I'm a lipstick fiend myself, so love hearing about others' faves and peeking into great lipstick stashes like yours! I have to say Tom Ford lipsticks are totally worth it and I've been lusting after Charlotte Tilbury's as well! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, may have to finally invest in one or ask for my birthday :)

      Delete
  11. So many great lipsticks!! I love the nude Kate Moss lipstick.
    I'm a new follower :)

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great lipstick collection!! 41 lippies- that's definitely impressive haha. I want to try out the Top Shop lip sticks, I don't own any yet. :)
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Their nudes and pinks are amazing :)

      Delete
  13. I think Natural Collection must have been my first makeup brand too, but I still love their lipsticks. My holy grail every day lipstick/lipliner combo is from them!
    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig