Saturday, 10 January 2015

Brand Focus: Bourjois || My Top Picks


 I thought I would start a new series on my blog called Brand Focus where I choose all my favourite products to talk about from one brand as I thought it would be really cool to see what I like and then you can comment what you products you like from the brand.
Today I am looking at Bourjois who I now have so many staple and holy grail products from! Bourjois is a French Cosmetics private company independently owned by the Werthemeir family launched in 1863. The brand is known for being "born into the world of theatre and the performing arts" as its first creator was an actor who prepared makeup for actors and actresses. 

Right top picks!



Bourjois Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder & Highlighter 

I just love that it is a 2 in 1 product with a bronzer and highlighter! They both just create such a natural look which I just adore at the moment and its perfect for travelling. The bronzer is perfect for us pale people because it is not orange toned and comes out matte when applied. The highlighter is so subtle and provides such a beautiful shimmer. But for those who love to go overboard on bronzing and highlighting (me sometimes on a night out) it is really buildable so no worries! It also smells like chocolate heaven too which nobody could possibly hate.


Bourjois 123 Perfect Colour Correcting Cream 

This for me has got to be my go to for school as it is so light! It has 3 colour pigments that really wake me up (in appearance not physically!) and gets rid of all the annoying redness from my spots. This is the shade Ivory which looks very natural and matches my skin tone perfectly.



Bourjois Paris Colour Boost Lip Crayon in On The Beach
Now the only criticism is the fact that the writing has faded which is super annoying! Its a beautiful peachy pink and is just a pick me up lip crayon. As well as the colour it provides a really nice glossy shine to the lips also.



Bourjois Bronzing Primer

Now this primer for me is my summery primer as its a bronzing one. This is a tinted smoothing primer which evens and mattifes, it is a perfect dupe for the Soleil Tan De Chanel. The whipped mousse like texture glides on so so well and don't worry when blended it doesn't look super dark like it does in the pot! It smells like chocolate too so why not!


 Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher in Golden Lilac/Lilas d'Or 

This is such a cute compact blusher with a mirror and it looks super super cute! Its a stunning, sheer peachy pink colour (weirdly not lilac as the name says) but it gives such a nice shimmer. I just adore baked blushes so this had to be a top pick for me. Once again, it smells brilliant too! Woop woop! 



 Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Serum Primer

I have ran out of this primer that's how much I love it! So many Australian bloggers I know loved this so I just had to purchase it! It gives such a radiant glow to your face and helps so much in creating a dewy look. As well as allowing your base to apply so perfectly and glide like a dream.


 Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick

Whenever I want a bold lip I immediately grab this in Ole Flamingo! The colour is a raspberry toned hot pink that also looks red too. It's so bold, vibrant, pigmented and dries matte. They remind me of a posher version of an MUA Lip Lacquer but the quality is so much better! They give an amazing colour but are so lightweight and really comfortable to wear that are so long lasting.


Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel foundation

This foundation contains lychee, goji and pomegranate, which work to erase signs of fatigue and achieve a revived and even complexion lasting 16 hours. I am not too sure how it is a gel but it comes out very light which means that you can easily buff it in and you don't need to much to cover your whole face. I adore the scent which smells amazing and it provides a great natural coverage which lasts all day.



I have currently not found any good eyebrow products,  eyeshadows, mascaras or concealers from Bourjois so please comment if you know of any good ones and also comment your opinions of Bourjois and your favourite products! How much did I say and then gosh!!

Taylor x
SHARE:

42 comments

  1. I don't actually own anything by Bourjois at the moment but I used to love their Healthy Mix foundation and concealer. I'll definitely have to pick up a few things soon! x

    Antonia | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their lip products look so beautiful, I really wanna try them out! I have never used Bourjois products before, but since so many bloggers have been raving about these products, I am so tempted to try then out soon :D

    Thanks for sharing <3
    xo
    colorsinmybubble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bourjois is such an amazing brand (little pricey may I say compared to some others) but the quality is fab!

      Delete
  3. I absolutwly love my Rouge Velvets. Obsessed! The CC cream is brilliant as well!

    Rachael x | N o v e m b e r S t o r m s |

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It is great for dezombifying you haha!!

      Delete
  5. Lately I've been using this CC cream and I'm seriously so obsessed with it! Also this highlight and bronzer duo is amazing, I use it all the time :) Bourjois is a really great brand, this post was a great idea xx

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love their rouge velvet lipsticks; I even did a post on it! And their mascaras are amazing!!
    Afeeyah xo

    New post ~ http://smilerrr.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/break-bound-twenty-fifteen.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo must take a look at your post :)

      Delete
  7. I think I definitely need to try the chocolate bronzer again! I love brand focus posts and videos! Essiebutton has a video on one too if you are interested! I LOVE the foundation! I don't think I'll ever use a different one!
    I love your post! I wish I could buy these products here in the US!
    Katie | http://katiavagyok.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is where I got the inspiration from, I adore her videos! That's such a shame that they arent in the US :(

      Delete
    2. Well I think your post is as good as hers! They used to be in the US, but for some strange reason they stopped! Thank God for ASOS!! :)

      Delete
    3. Aw thank you so so much! Yes ASOS is a lifesaver for me too getting all the US products!

      Delete
  8. I've been meaning to check out the Rouge Velvet for an age, everyone says so many good things about it. I've yet to try anything by bourjois, didn't know they were independent, just assumed they were L'oreal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen a bronzer primer before!! I definitely will have to try this. :)


    http://ncolesnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Taylor, I have yet to try anything from Bourjois as it is not carried in my state. I love the look of Ole Flamingo and have heard a lot of good things about the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ah that is such a shame, hopefully soon it will!!

      Delete
  11. Love this post- Bourjois really seem to have upped their game in 2014! I really need to get my hands on some of their Rouge Edition lip Velvets :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shame on me, I don't have any Bourjois products I think. I'll take a look in the shops today, maybe I'll get something.
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to try the Rogue Editions! Also tempted by the primer now that I've seen you've finished it, I'm always interested in a makeup product a blogger finishes, because I find only the products I really love get finished x

    hannahbutterworth

    ReplyDelete
  14. I own all of these! Bourjois is my favourite brand x

    www.ellenwarnerxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post, those palette looks like chocolate, cute.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they smell like chocolate too!

      Delete
  16. Great series idea, I recently purchased their bronzer and I love it! I think I have to try their foundation next!
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've recently picked up the Bourjois Java Powder and only swatched it once on my hand so not too sure what I think yet. It is constantly raved about online so fingers crossed it works wonders!

    www.shannonstacey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig