Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Get Ready With Me: New Years Eve



Another get ready with me aren't you lucky ;) I am off to my friends for a New Years gathering which I can't wait for! I really want to show you my makeup as I am hoping to go all out. I have also picked out some old favourites too because I don't like people thinking that maybe I just buy something and never use it again because some of these products are essentials.


For primer I am using the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser Primer. The formula is gel like which I love because a little can go such a long way and I can easily blend it around my face. It makes your face velvety smooth and ready for your foundation to be applied giving that amazing blurred look.

The foundation I have chosen is the Revlon PhotoReady of course for any major event which once again photos may be involved! It has such a buildable coverage which can make you look flawless without any cakeyness. It also has a subtle shimmer which I love (although criticised) as I love a good glow! It lasts all night which means I don't have to be stuck in a bathroom reapplying it.


I dust my powder of choice on my face to set my foundation which is the Rimmel Stay Matte of course which sets my foundation so perfectly and gets rid of that shine I don't want!

For blush I am using my new Christmas present which is the Tarte 12hr Amazionan Clay Blush in Blissful which I can never stop looking at, its a work of art. I have always wanted a Tarte product so badly as so many people I know in the US rave about them as a brand but they truly do live up to all expectations and recommendations. It provides such a pretty flush of colour which looks so effortlessly done. The blush does actually last for a good ol time too!

I am also using this Beauty UK Baked Blush for a highlight on my cheeks also.

For contour and bronzer (its weird how I try to make two in one but oh well) I use the Sleek Face Form palette which I completely forgot I had until I was rummaging through my acrylic storage earlier and thought ooo I love this product why I have I stopped using it? Therefore I just grabbed it and used my fan brush to define my cheekbones and the champagne shade is really pigmented so I apply this to my upper cheekbone and the length of my nose. The tone/shade of the brown just really warms your face and for me enhancing my complexion so much, making me look healthy.

For my brows of course I am using my Sleek Brow Kit, can someone recommend a great brow powder product below please as I am needing some variety soon! 


To create (of course) a smoky eye I've gone for my beloved Naked 3 palette which I have raved about so so much and you can check out a full review here! The colours are so beautiful and I have had this product for over a year now and it still is so stunning to me. I knew never knew how many different looks you can create with neutral eyeshadows.

For eyeliner I am using my favourite GOSH cream eyeshadow stick which I just adore and just goes so well with this dark smoky eye I am going for.

I am priming my mascara using my Urban Decay Superversion Lash Primer as it is amazing! It's a white formula that you apply beforehand which makes your eyelashes longer, fuller and have a lot more volume.

On top of this primer I've applied my Loreal Miss Manga Mascara as I have lost my Loreal one!! Sad times. This is a perfect replacement though as it does what it says on the tin and provides 'mega volume'


For my lips I am using the Loreal Lipstick called Made For Me Naturals Lipstick in 303 Rose Tendre. It is a beautiful sheer lipstick which looks so natural and I adore the frost finish.  I just love the colour as its so cute and reminds me of Barbie or something.

And this is my outfit......



I have just opted for a cool knitted jumper and used accessories to jazz it up a little as I am going round my friends house so I want to look casual but also look like I have actually made an effort which I have through my makeup and jewellery. I have also painted my nails a green/gold to match my jewellery too. I will wear some heeled boots and my faux fur gillet also.

I am really sorry but for now all I have are some Snapchat pictures of my makeup but tomorrow I will upload some nice ones!




There we go! I hope you enjoyed this post and have a great new years eve, paryting the night away! Love you all and happy new year.

Taylor x
(See you all in 2015)
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. You have some really awesome makeup products! Have a great NYE and New Year doll :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, happy new year to you too x

      Delete
  2. Nice collection of makeup. I really want to try the Manga mascara! And you look so pretty!
    Hope you have a wonderful New Year.

    I also discovered your blog and followed you immediately! Would greatly appreciate it if you followed back so we can keep in touch! Thanks, love.

    Abigail
    Cheers to Now | Latest Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much and yes of course :) x

      Delete
  3. Pretty look! I love this lipstick. Happy New Year from the US!
    Katie
    http://katiavagyok.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really great products featured :) you look very pretty, I'm sure you looked stunning! Happy New Year xx

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet, thank you! Happy new year xx

      Delete
  5. Really nice :) I love the UD..of course :)

    Would really appreciate if we would follow each other on GFC, G+ and BL, so that we can keep in touch!
    Just started following you, would be so nice if you could do the same!

    Wish you and your beloved a happy new year, good luck and health!
    xoxo Colli || TOBEYOUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Stay Matte Powder is a definite must for pictures to help me stay shine free! I love my Tarte blush in Exposed as it gives the perfect natural flush :-)

    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay Matte is an essential now! Must take a look at Exposed! Everyone is talking about it x

      Delete
  7. awh Taylor, i love reading your get ready with me's! They're always so imaginative and fun to recreate. Also you look absolutely gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are way too kind! I always feel like they are so rushed xx

      Delete
  8. I use this primer as well and absolutely love it!! I highly recommend the benefit brow zing shaping kit :)
    H xx
    http://life-as-i-liveit.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its fab! Oooo thank you will be sure to take a look at it :) Is it expensive? x

      Delete
    2. I think it is around £20..BUT it does last and I much prefer this compared to pencil as it helps define the brow much more. If you do get it make sure to let me know how you find it compared to the sleek brow kit
      H xx

      Delete
  9. love your makeup!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Tarte blush is so pretty!
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great post dear! Love all stuff, especially the Naked palette =)
    http://cherryfashion-k.blogspot.com/

    xx
    K.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig