Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Get Ready With Me: Christmas Party


So it's Christmas Eve Eve and I am off to a friends for a Christmas party so I thought it would be fun to show you all what I am wearing and what makeup I'm using etc! Enjoy :)




So I am starting off my priming my face to ensure that it is super smooth for when I apply my foundation but to also minimise my pores. I am using today the Body Shop InstaBlur Primer as I have ran out of my Elf Mineral Infused one!! But they are pratically the same in many senses. They have a velvet smooth texture and keep my makeup on all day!


Now I've gone back to an old classic which I get out every Christmas and this is the Revlon PhotoReady foundation. Now I am so so thankful for this foundation as it has helped my confidence so much with taking pictures and going to parties etc as I used to always feel so nervous about whether my spots would be really apparent in pictures. But this beauty covers them so so well and makes my skin even look flawless! The shade I currently have is way too dark for me so I have had to put it all over my neck too haha!


For that natual bronzed look I always opt for the Benefit Hoola Bronzer due to it (I always say this) not being orange toned or shimmery. It also comes with a cute little brush that I can use to reapply the bronzer later on in the evening.


For my blusher I wanted something with a slight colour but a bit more shimmer and glitter because it's Christmas! These two are perfect for these as they give such a pretty shimmer and adorable pale colour to the apples of my cheeks.


I have been going absolute crackers with my highlighting recently (get the joke? or?) Therefore I have been using a stick, powder everything! I apply this Lord & Berry stick on my cheekbones, forehead, cupids bow and chin.


I have lost my lid for my MUA highlight so apologies for it look pretty gross! I use this powder with a dense brush and just whack it all over my face and hope for the best, yep no method at all! I just do it until when I move my head you can see the highlight. If that makes sense?


To cover them bags for my late night I use the YSL Touche Elat under my eyes just to brighten my whole complexion. I love the pen application as it makes me feel like I'm painting my face or something (wow I am in a weird mood) 


For a glitter eye that stays on all night I knew I had to grab my Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in Eternal Gold. I apply this to my lid using my finger and it just looks so effortless and pretty.


For my crease to make it look a bit smoky I use a mixture of 'Lid' and 'Crease' I just love how pigmented these eyeshadows come out and how the glitter actually comes out too. I also used 'Base' for my Tearduct and brow to highlight.


I am so in love with these Gosh eye shadow sticks if you couldn't tell from my last 345689376598347 posts!! I apply this to my lower lash line and it also has glitter in wooooo! Loving that glitter today.


For my Tearduct I also apply this Rimmel white eyeliner to brighten my eyes, make them look more awake and just because it looks pretty. 


I really do need to find a new brow product as I always using the Sleek Brow Kit. I just fill in my brows using both the wax and powder to attempt a Cara eyebrow which fails every single time.


And again, the same mascara too! This mascara is perfect for lengthening and providing volume to your eyelashes for a dramatic look which I really needed with all the glitter that was going on.


Although I love a good shimmer and highlight there are some places on my face which I would rather not look sweaty or shiny so I apply the Benefit Agent Zero Shine. I apply it around my nose and on parts of my forehead.


To set all my makeup and ensure my complexion is all even and good I use the ELF Tone Correcting Powder which but the dip in the middle you can tell I love using. Don't be scared by all the different colours it truly works in correcting your uneven complexion and you don't have any blue on your face I promise! 


I have found my first ever dupe for a MAC lipstick and that is this the Rimmel In Love With Ginger Lipstick! It in my opinion is an amazing dupe for Lady Danger! Its such a beautiful orangey red colour which I just adore and makes me feel super Christmassy.


Of course I had to paint my nails glittery to match my eyes and to look Christmassy! This is the OPI Nail Varnish in Gliterzland, how cute is the name! I apply just two coats and it seems pretty opaque, very impressed.


And to be smelling nice I have spritzed some of my favourite Britney Spears perfume on which is an all time fave for me!

Now onto the outfit!




I've decided to stick with the glitz and glitter theme with my outfit also. I brought this dress from my local clothes shop up my high street for something like £20/£30 I don't really remember! Its so pretty and really suits my figure (I am a size 14) because of the black ripped sort of skirt part which brings in my waist. And because I am only going round a friends I've paired this with tights and heeled boots but I am will taking my shoes off anyway so that doesn't really matter too much!

For my hair I have straightened it and added some rollers :) I will upload pictures of myself later on as I am off now to the partaaaaaaaay! Hahaha sorry :)

I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed making it, I love those Candy Cane frames haha! What are you doing this Christmas? And what beauty products/pieces of clothing are your must haves for Christmas or a party? Comment below!

Taylor x
SHARE:

28 comments

  1. Really want to try the Instablur from Body Shop!! Lovely post, have a fab time xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab post, it must have taken you so long to write! I really want to try that Instablur as I've heard nothing but good reviews about it! xxx

    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was putting the borders on the pictures actually hahah!! xx

      Delete
  3. so many great picks! hope you had a lovely xmas

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! Very detailed and well written! I also like the dress and nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoos, I've heard so many good things about them <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing, I recommend getting a neutral one :)

      Delete
  6. love the pop of red lips and nice gold nails.

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, truly embracing the Christmas style :)

      Delete
  7. Love your blog! Just followed you on GFC, would you please follow me back? :)

    Michaella from http://quitealooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog :) x


    Shannenandco.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab pics! Your dress is gorgeous, I bet you looked lovely. I really want to try the body shop insta blur, sounds great xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment! The insta blur is amazing xx

      Delete
  10. Love the way you do your photos. Great inspiration :) x

    www.eventhebestsometimesfall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I envy your makeup collection!! Soooo much glitz and glam involved, love it! I recently bought Instablur from The Body Shop but didn't think it did very much... think I need some more practice with that one! Hope you had a lovely time at the party x

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! That's such a shame, in all honesty it is my backup for when I run out of my ELF primer but it is really good in my opinion. Thank you x

      Delete
  12. Your dress is lovely! You have some lovely products in your collection, love the blushers :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig