Friday, 12 September 2014

Tag: How Much Is Your Face Worth?





I haven't done a tag in forever so I thought it would be super fun to do this tag as I have seen so many people doing it! I am very scared of how much this will come to as I do spend ridiculous amounts of money on makeup... But I do buy some bargains so I am really unsure. I am also going to mention brushes I use too (not that they will make much of a difference!)



First things first (I'm the realest, sorry!) I have to talk about primer. I have ran out of my Bourjois Happy Light Primer, I've started to use my Body Shop Instablur primer. It makes a lovely velvet smooth base for my foundation and makes sure that my makeup stays on all day! This primer is £14.00, wowza!



Next is foundation and trust me to be wearing my Chanel foundation a lot recently which is going to make this look even worse! The Chanel foundation I've picked is the Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation in 30 Beige which costs £33.00. It's so great for the summer when I don't want to spend loads of time doing my makeup and because it is has a fluid consistency that means that it spreads so easily and quickly around my face with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, which is £5.99 from boots. It has a pretty good coverage that feels lightweight on your skin which is also great for the summer.



For concealer I have been using my favourite Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer for £4.19 and applied with the Miracle Complexion Sponge. It conceals everything and anything honestly. It's so thick but not too cakey and is so easy to blend. If I could give my younger self any beauty product I would give myself this concealer.



Highlighting my face has been fab with the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat which is £25.00 in Luminous Ivory. I love how it's like a cute pen which you can click and literally paint on haha! I have been obsessed with this product. It acts as the perfect highlighter as it contains micro shimmer particles that reflect light. The texture is so light and easy to blend as well as not creasing at all under the eye. I apply this under my eyes, down my nose, on my cheekbones and on my forehead. I blend this using a Real Techniques Foundation Brush which is £8.99. Although this doesn't look like the one I have as I got it from the Core Collection.



Bronzing my face I have been loving my Loreal Glam Bronze Wild Instinct bronzing powder which I have found out is £6.99. I am just so in love with this bronzer as its so pigmented and can create such a perfect bronzed look. So many people have asked me if I've been on holiday which I just love! This applied with a Jojo Fan Brush which was £9.99 and I just love it so so much for bronzer, I was originally advised by fellow bloggers to use it for highlight but oh well! I think its so great for contouring!



My choice of blusher is the elf blush in Twinkle Pink, its a cute coral colour that has some pretty sparkles in which gives a shimmery look. It costs £3.95 and as I've said its a good dupe for NARS Orgasm! It just gives a lovely flush of colour and can be really buildable if you want a more obvious look. I apply this with a Real Techniques Contour Brush that costs £6.99 I think? It's so great for blusher as it evenly distributes the powder so it doesn't look blotchy or too much.



Then, I set my face using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder to make my face look matte. It's £3.99 and is such a bargain product! I just dust this powder with my Real Techniques Powder Brush (£12.99) on my t-zone and around my nose to ensure I don't look too shiny or sweaty as well as set my concealer and highlighter for the day.



Now onto my eyes! For my eyeshadow I use my Naked 3 Palette and use the brush that is in it also which is £37.00. I love an orange bronzed look at the moment so the colours I have been opting for are Limit, Burnout and Trick! I just adore the formula of the eyeshadow too, they are highly pigmented and soft which blend amazingly on your eyelids. Check out a full view here!




For mascara I use L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess Mascara which cost £10.99. It gives your eyes such a dramatic look as well as lots of volume and length! It stays on all night and you get none of it under your eyes! 



Sorry about it looking so gross ew!! For my eyebrows I always use my Sleek Brow Kit which is £8.49. I love using the powder with the angled brush they give to you also. I just fill them in and it creates a lovely natural look.




My lipstick choice is the Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balms that were £7.99 in the shade Whimsical, a pink purple shade, which is very sheer and gives a slight gloss.They have a sort of buttery texture and feel really comfortable on the lips. They apply like a dream, just incredibly soft.



And the total is.......
£187.55

Oh my word. I am ashamed hahahaha! Then again, my mum guessed it would be £225 so at least I have done a bit less then that! Dear oh dear. I definitely need to prioritise what I spend my money on.

Have any of you done this tag before, if so please comment the link below! If you haven't then give it a go, its such a shocking thing to do haha!


Taylor x
 https://www.bloglovin.com/whattaylorbuys
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. hahahahaha great post, I really should do this sometime! xx

    The Persephone Complex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should, send me a link if you do it xx

      Delete
  2. £187 sounds a lot but think you wear this almost every day xx

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally use all of it everyday so in a way its shocking but at least I'm using them enough! xx

      Delete
  3. I am way too scared to do this...but we have a very similar collection so I reckon I'm on par with you!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it!! Its pretty funny (in both a bad and good way) when you discover how much you've spent! x

      Delete
  4. This is such a fun tag haha! I love that mascara by the way, I've tried the waterproof version so far and the results are amazing!! x

    Beauty & The Bird | Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fun tag! great stuff :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool post. Thanks for sharing your routine. I will have to check out The Body Shop's Insta Blur primer!


    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yeah you should, there are so many reviews and it would be great to have your opinion!

      Delete
  7. I still don't have naked 1. This is such a fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW that is a lot! haha It was fun to read! I think I'm going to do this over on my blog!
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig