Monday, 8 September 2014

Back To School/Work Makeup || Simple and Cheap


So it's that time of the year again when we are all heading back to school/work but why not go in looking absolutely fabulous? (Cringe!) Today I thought I'd show you all my top picks for school/work makeup which is super cheap, well most of it, and is so easy to use. Another disclaimer (if that's what it is) you don't have to wear makeup for school/work, most of the time I don't but this is just an idea of some products that are convenient.



For my primer and highlighter I use the Seventeen 3 Way Highlighter.  It is so so cheap and achieves that perfect dewy look. It gives your face such radiance and an inner glow. I honestly look like such a zombie when I wake up in the morning so this is such a life saver for me. When I started wearing this for school I began to get compliments on my complexion which I am so pleased about!


For school I don't want heavy coverage or anything that feels heavy on my skin so this Bourjois CC Cream is perfect for me. I love the fact that it has 3 colour pigments as I always look so so tired and have lots of redness due to my spots so this is great in covering that but still giving that natural look. The shade I have it in is Ivory and it matches me so so well. In my opinion you should only wear a foundation or bb/cc cream if you really really need to! I don't think that I should be wasting my good ol' (and expensive) foundation for school, so not worth it.


I have opted for a cheap and cheerful concealer for school as I wanted to give you the best concealer I know of which is incredibly cheap. It's £1.99 and covers anything and everything really well. The only concern with this product is that is dries quickly so you have to work fast! It has a super thick constiency too which means it really does cover your blemishes well. I wouldn't say this concealer is good for under your eyes (highlighting) but do you really need to be doing all of that for school? Lazy and 6 in the morning Taylor thinks so!



Now this elf blush in twinkle pink is stunning! It's a pretty coral colour which has a slight shimmer, it looks like a natural flush on the cheek however it can be quite buildable. I apply this to the apples of my cheeks so I look all happy and healthy! It stays on all day which is great.



I sometimes skip this part as I don't always feel as bronzer is an essential for school but if I do pick one then this Solar Powder from Soap & Glory is my first choice! It's such a natural choice and is really subtle for school yet gives warmth and colour to your face. 

I apply this with a fan brush as its so easy to do the 3 rule! 
(Picture from Google Images)



My go to powder has been the elf Tone Correcting Powder which I now prefer over the Rimmel Stay Matte. It's brilliant for calming down any redness as well as setting all of my makeup. I have a girl in my form who always looks at my weirdly when I put this on as she expects that I will have blue stripes all over my face hahaha but I don't! The different colours really help! The only criticism is that it doesn't make my face matte, it does set my makeup so so well and really corrects my complexion.



If you know me I always go for spider lashes but for school I go for natural and long looking eyelashes so this Topshop one is perfect. It doesn't give my eyelashes volume but it gives them extreme length and by extreme I mean really really long!



For my eyebrows I just use a clear mascara to organise them and keep them in place. No special one just a reasonably priced one and this one is from Natural Collection.



I use the shade Venus from the Naked Basics palette to highlight my brow bone and place within my inner eye to make myself look more awake.


To look more lively for school I slightly apply this white eyeliner on my waterline (I think that is what it is called) I try to make it as natural as possible but still making a difference. It stays on all day and doesn't irritate my eyes at all.




For a my lips but better colour I go for this Kiko Lipstick in 507. It is so comfortable to wear and feels super smooth on the lips. It's my favourite lipstick right now and I have been really neglecting all of my others which is really bad! Kiko lipsticks are so moisturising and hydrating too which is such a plus.



For a gloss and some shine I use this lipgloss from Loreal and I just love it so much. It makes my lips look 3D if thats even possible! Lasts all day too, I just adore it so so much. It's not sticky or tacky feeling at all.

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it and I am sorry for being so absent I am just drowning in work and meeting new people at sixth form! What do you wear for school or work? Comment below!

Taylor x
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I've used that seventeen primer, it's not too bad.. but you're the first person I've seen use Kiko! I loooove Kiko's makeup, especially their lipstick. Great post!

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love love Kiko makeup and truly believe they need to be more hyped up about!!

      Delete
  2. Great products!!!!! Love it. Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live the elf tone correctig powder too. That S&g bronzer looks really nice. I'd love to see a swatch of the kiko lipstick because it looks beautiful. I really hope kiko starts shipping to the us soon

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean us then they do ship to the UK but I am not sure about US haha x

      Delete
  4. Great picks, lovely post :) im really interested in the Bourjois CC cream! Also I absolutely adore the Elf blush, its stunning x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really really love it, its not what you expect with all the different colours! Its so so cute x

      Delete
  5. It always depends on how early I wake up! I usually just stick to a basic base and strong mascara with a strong lipstick as it's just so quick and simple, when I do have time to throw on eyeshadow I've been using Nars - Nepal a lot recently.

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! This is me on a really happy and jolly day haha!! Oooo must check that NARS eyeshadow out x

      Delete
  6. I use the seventeen highligher and I honestly think it's better than benefits highlighter! I love using bourjois cc cream too! Great post :)

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried the benefits highlighter but I would love a comparison! Thank you :)

      Delete
  7. All this makeup looks so fun! Great picks!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello sweety!
    you have a beautiful blog, a lot of interesant information & amazing pics, so inspiring me!
    thank you for it. Tell me how about follow each other? Let me know, I always follow back!
    Keep in touch :*
    have a great day!


    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig