Thursday, 17 July 2014

My Sister's Make Up Collection!


Hello everyone! I have a really fun and interesting post today and it's taking a sneek peak into my sisters makeup collection. Unlike me, my sister is not really into her makeup (she doesn't need it!) so what you see here is all she has. It does shock me how much she has and she doesn't understand why I have so much. Explaining what a primer was the other day to her was pretty hilarious. So when my sister and I popped up the high street my sister wanted to go into Superdrug to get some bits and bobs, she wanted my opinion on a few products which I really enjoyed doing. I really loved the fact that she took an interest in it all and she was the one who came up with this post so thank you! I've decided not to talk through all of the products and instead just picked out some random bits and bobs. As you all know I love being nosey so we should get to it!


My sister doesn't wear foundation that much, only for special events and occasions. This is the No7 Stay Perfect Foundation which is £14.50, more expensive than some of my holy grail foundations! They have a lot of pale shades of this foundation which is perfect for my sister as she's super pale and it has SPF 15.  I asked her why she brought this and she said the person in Boots recommended it to her. She applies it with her fingers not a brush as its easy to blend. It also gives a medium coverage with a matte finish.


To set the foundation she uses the No7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder which is £11.50! A lot more than my Stay Matte powder! She mainly puts this on her chin but says it can easy make your face look dry around the nose area. (She has dry skin)


Next is the No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder for blush in Soft Damson which is £8.00. She likes this blush as it really suits her pale skin, it gives her a natural flush of colour which is very buildable.


The other blush that she likes to use from Rimmel called Smoked Oyster but she said it was very dark and hard to work with because of how pale she is.




I have these also and they are the Body Shop Born Lippy Pot Lip Balms in Watermelon, Satsuma Shimmer, Passionberry and Strawberry. She says that they smell very nice but for her don't really hydrate or moisturise her lips as much as she would like.





My sister raves about these two lipsticks so much at the moment, whilst we were out in Portugal she kept showing them to me. These are the MUA Lipsticks in Shade 3 and Shade 13. Shade 3 is a bright fuchsia shade and Shade 13 is bright red colour with an orange undertone. They are really pigmented but do have to be applied a lot.



This is my sister's 'my lips but better' lipstick although its quite a dark nude. Its a Rimmel lipstick in Heather Shimmer.



This is the Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick which isn't really opaque and doesn't last that long so for her is a disappointing product although very cheap so you can't expect much really.



This is quite an old Avon product and I found one on the website which sort of similar and its called a All Over Stick? Not too sure. This can be used as a foundation and a concealer. Unfortunately it doesn't match my sisters skin tone as its very yellow. The texture is also very thick and sticky which makes it cakey when applied. 



My sister's new and favourite mascara at the moment and its the Maybelline The Volum' Express Falsies Flared Mascara. She is really impressed with it as she has quite short eyelashes and this mascara gets all the lashes. It provides length and makes the eyelashes darker and doesn't go under the eyes.


Random picture but a eyeliner sharpener for her eyeliners, just wanted to mention how you shouldn't sharpen both your pencils and eyeliners with it (I'm sure you don't!!)



These are my sisters single eyeshadows, she doesn't like the purple as much as it can look like she's got a black eye but she loves the other colours. They are super pigmented and last for a really long time (my sister does not use a eyeshadow primer)



Lastly, this is my sister's first ever palette she has brought and its the Heaven & Earth MUA palette. She loves it so so much as its great value of money and you can create such natural looks. She mainly uses the lighter shades.



(My sister is on the right)

I'm sorry I didn't talk through everything but I hope you enjoyed this post very much! Comment below if you have any of her makeup or if you have any siblings that don't understand the beauty hype haha!

Taylor x
 https://www.bloglovin.com/whattaylorbuys
(And follow me on Instagram: whattaylorbuys)
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I love going through other peoples makeup to see what they have and like! So fun to do this with your sister.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing what my friends and family use, it's so interesting to see the differences. I love the look of the MUA palette and the Falsies is a great mascara :)

    Michaela-Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to see what products they like as I research into mine via blogs :) I know, I was pretty proud of her and those choices!

      Delete
  3. Ah this post is lovely! I love that she doesn't have much of a collection, get her into that makeup guuurl! <3

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I can make that happen hahaha <3

      Delete
  4. I loved reading this post. It would be interesting to see her make-up collection in 6 months to a years time to see if it has changed as she gets older X
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do hope she gets into her makeup more. She did really enjoy doing this haha x

      Delete
  5. This is such a good idea for a post!
    Very interesting to see another collection.
    Some great affordable products :)

    nailsandteapots xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice post! Gorgeous pictures too! Might have to have a cheeky reinvestment in Benefit's bad gal lash!! x
    http://the-fairest-of-them.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my sister loves that mascara :) x

      Delete
  7. Found your blog randomly and I’d like to say it’s fabulous! You have amazing photos & style! Everything is perfect!

    would you like to follow each other?
    will be happy to see you in my blog!

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, and yes of course :)

      Delete
  8. This was such a cool post, I enjoyed reading it! My sisters aren't really into makeup either, at least not like I am! Haha(: You guys are so pretty though, omg <3
    www.madisonblanding.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! My sister just doesn't get it and I find it so bizarre haha! And aw thank you :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig