Thursday, 10 July 2014

Get Ready With Me: Year 11 Prom


Hello everyone! I had my prom on Tuesday and thought it would be really fun (and scary) to show you all what I wore and how I did my makeup. I opted for a very natural look as I didn't want to risk a smoky eye or winged liner to go wrong. My main goal with my makeup was to ensure that my face looked flawless and there were no spots seen at all. I went with a super pretty dress too that made me feel way too girly!


So here is what I put on my face!


For a primer I picked the Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Serum Primer. This is my all time favourite primer. It really does illuminate your complexion as well as hydrate your face. It gives such a lovely glow which isn't too overbearing and your foundation can be applied so flawlessly with this. 


For my foundation, I mixed to of my favourite photo foundations to achieve the perfect coverage as well as colour. The Loreal True Match has been my absolute holy grail recently and the Revlon PhotoReady has always been a favourite. Both of these foundations helped me get a full coverage look and helped so much with my spots not being seen in pictures.


Raved by so many, I don't even know if I have to even discuss this concealer. It is amazing. Full coverage and really brightens under your eyes.



I got this blush as a present from Ellie for my birthday (check her blog here!) It's the Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in Santa Rose. It's such a natural and pretty shade for the apples of your cheeks, I've even heard it's a good dupe of NARS Orgasm!



I didn't want to go over the top with bronzer as I didn't want to look orange therefore this Soap & Glory powder was perfect as it's two toned.


I had heard so many good things about this spray and was really keen to try it. It helped my makeup last longer so so much, really impressed especially as it's so cheap.


To stop me from being a sweaty betty and a disco ball was the Benefit Agent Zero Shine which was great for all the dancing we were doing!



I love this brow kit from Sleek so much, it just makes it so much easier to shape and fill your eyebrows in!



I also love the spoolie from this MAC brow liner, its great for ensuring that my eyebrows don't look too thick and gets rid of any excess powder.



To brighten my eyes and make them look bigger I used this white eyeliner from Rimmel.




I stole my sisters MUA palette called Heaven and Earth which has some stunning nudes and natural shades which I used to create a subtle smoky look. (You can't really see it if I'm being honest!)



I love this mascara so much as it really gives some definition and volume to your eyelashes as well as length. In real life they looked super dramatic which I loved and wasn't going on to the spider lash look.




I also wanted a really subtle pink lip so I used this Revlon balm which stayed on all night!



Comfort is definitely key at prom, I wanted to be dancing all night and I certainly did! That's why I wore these sandals which matched my dress perfectly.





I got the clutch from North Weald Market for like £10, bargain! The bracelets were my mums so I have no idea where they are from.


To make sure my hair had some sort of volume and bounce for the night I use these to help. Anyone who's having a prom I would really recommend a backcomb brush it's amazing!


To smell lovely and also be very moisturised I picked a Victoria Secrets spray and the Vaseline Spray & Go which is such a life saver and time saver!

So here are some pictures of me, please don't be mean haha!






There you go! I hope you liked this post and it wasn't too boring! It was such a great day for me and I thought I'd share it with you all! Comment below if you liked my dress and if you had your prom recently too!

Taylor x
 https://www.bloglovin.com/whattaylorbuys
(And follow me on Instagram: whattaylorbuys)
SHARE:

34 comments

  1. You look stunning, you used some great products too :)

    Michaela-Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you look lovely in pictures. I have both of these foundations too and totally love them. The Bourjois primer sounds interesting to me, do you have a full review on this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, I had a guest blogger talk about it in her top face products and she talks about it then :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I was so nervous about it haha, thank you x

      Delete
  4. You look so lovely! My little sister had her Year 11 prom last week, it's all making me very nostalgic haha :')

    Natalie | Broke Student Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an amazing thing, it was lovely saying goodbye to everyone x

      Delete
  5. You look Gorgeous! I had my end of year 11 prom just the other week and I also used the L'Oreal True Match Foundation and it stayed put all night even to the after prom party :-)!
    Sarah x
    http://www.saraheliza.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, its my favourite foundation at the moment!

      Delete
  6. That dress is beautiful, you look lovely! x

    Cup of Loveliness

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look stunning! We had quite similar dresses for our proms. I did a post on this too (you don't have to look if you dont want to haha!) x

    Lizzie's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. that dress looks beautiful on your dear, hope you had a wonderful prom!

    Makeshift Munch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was an amazing night x

      Delete
  9. What a gorgeous dress, the colour is beautiful on you. This post makes me miss my prom haha :( I hope you had a great time lovely!
    lots of love | jennifer's journal ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was so nervous about the night and also putting pictures on here so I really appreciate it! Aw haha, its such a lovely memory to have from school!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you, although I do look pretty grumpy in most of the pictures hahaha!

      Delete
  11. You looked beautiful dear! Love the look of that bronzer an mua palette.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! They are both great products :)

      Delete
  12. you look beautiful my dear ! love your dress !! have a nice weekend doll :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie, so happy you've posted again! Was wondering where you went haha xx

      Delete
  13. Wow you look so beautiful! The dress is so stunning!

    www.the-vintage-hijabi.blogspot.com

    Rushna xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awh you looked lovely! That dress is insanely gorgeous! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You looked lovely and that dress is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous dress and make up, you're lovely!

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig