Monday, 23 June 2014

Mini Haul: Superdrug & The Body Shop Make Up || First Impressions


Today I have a mini haul for you all, I popped out to my local Superdrug and Body Shop to grab a few bits and bobs that I've seen reviews on online and desperately needed!! I didn't want it to be too boring as just a mini haul so I have wrote my first impressions of them also. I got them a couple of days ago and tried them for all of the days as a sort of experiment I guess you could say!



Unfortunately my local Body Shop was out of the All-In-One Instablur which I wanted also but I was so happy to get my hands on the All-In-One BB Cream! I got it in the shade 01 which is for lighter skin tones as I am pretty pale and it is a pretty good match. What I found so interesting is that it comes out white, I was thinking that I might of picked up the primer but it actually adapts to your skin tone (pretty cool?) this is because it contains colour pigments that burst when applied to the skin and rubbed in which is a great idea. It gives a really nice base with a light/medium coverage, I have quite a few blemishes and spots so it didn't really cover them too well but I still like it. I know that many people with oily skin dislike this product but I have dry skin and it has worked really well so I think it all depends on your skin type. I also think that it shouldn't be so expensive! I mean it is good but I have tried other BB creams which I love that are cheaper.





After seeing this on one of ViviannaDoesMakeup's video I just knew I had to have it, its stunning! This is the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in Ole Flamingo! It has lived up to all expectations! It is such a beautiful colour that is a raspberry toned hot pink that also looks red too. It's so bold, vibrant, pigmented and dries matte. They remind me of a posher version of an MUA Lip Lacquer but the quality is so much better! They give an amazing colour but are so lightweight and really comfortable to wear that are so long lasting.








I HAVE WANTED THESE FOR SO SO LONG!! I FINALLY HAVE THEM!! I have seen so so many reviews on these Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balms and I have been trying to decide for weeks which ones to get but I wanted to get ones that were super wearable. I got the shades Demure and Whimsical and I am so in love! Demure is a super pretty light nude pink and Whimsical is a pink purple shade which are very sheer and gives a slight gloss. I'm not too sure if they should be called lacquers though as I would expect them to be even more pigmented but I still really like them. The texture is fab though its a sort of buttery texture and feel really comfortable on the lips. Overall I really like them, they applied really smoothly and look great on the lips.








I was so unsure about buying this as it looks so intimidating in the pot. The Bourjois Bronzing Primer is a tinted smoothing primer that evens and matifies. I have heard its a great dupe for the Soleil Tan De Chanel which is the reason why brought it. The texture is sort of like a whipped mousse so just glides onto the skin and is to easy to buff in. As you are buffing it in the colour does calm down which is great. You can wear this either alone or under foundation/powder. Although it does look pretty unappealing in the pot (you know what I'm imply) you do get a scent of lovely scent kind of like chocolate. I do recommend to you use a little as it does go along way and can get very orange but it is pretty buildable. I'm not too sure if it works well as a primer as I haven't noticed any difference in the staying power of my makeup with this on. I have such a split decisions on this, I think it would only be good for the summer as it is quite daunting for pale people.






I used to have a Bourjois blusher years ago so I am super happy to be reunited with one! This is in the shade Golden Lilac/Lilas d'Or which doesn't look lilac? I just adore the cute packaging, the mirror and the little brush and the adorable little message inside! I would say its a sort of peachy pink colour that looks really pretty on the cheek. It has a really nice shimmer which gives a glow. The texture is a baked blush which is good for blending. The smell is amazing may I just add, it has a lovely rose scented aroma. It is very hard to go over the top with this blush and look like a clown as its sheer so it can be buildable. 

So there we go! My mini haul is done! Comment below if you have any of these products or any other recommendations. Sorry for such a bad post, I am going on holiday next week so I have been sorting that out as well as sorting out my new volunteering job. I also have my prom when I get straight back from my holiday and sixth form induction. It was so bad because I found out my dress didn't fit me a couple of days ago so it has been pretty hectic.

Taylor x
 https://www.bloglovin.com/whattaylorbuys
(And follow me on Instagram: whattaylorbuys)
SHARE:

34 comments

  1. I love the Body Shop BB cream, seem to be wearing it all the time lately. Really want to try the Bourjois bronzing primer but so far the colour has scared me haha.

    Kristy | http://itsablondiiething.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great!! I was at first too but I am really happy I got out of my comfort zone and went for it, wasn't that bad :)

      Delete
  2. I literally bought the same blusher on Saturday, 2 for 14 pounds?! Me too ;-)
    I really want to try the velvet lip things aaaand the revlon lip crayons! Jel.

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah that's a boots! I was at Superdrug where it was 3 for 2 or something :) They are amazing, a must buy! x

      Delete
  3. Great Haul! The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick are really good!
    I too only have Ole Flamingo, really want to try out the other colors!

    Z ♥
    http://beautybyz.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, its only a mini one! I am super impressed by them, must get the rest! Even the nudes!

      Delete
  4. Bourjois blushers do smell amazing don't they. Looks like you picked up a gorgeous shade. xx
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rubbed the brush on the blush and it literally just came out at me and smelt amazing :) xx

      Delete
  5. So fun! Those Revlon lip pencils look lovely.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got some awesome products! Very summer appropriate(:
    www.madisonblanding.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul. I'm slightly jealous over all the products! :-) Everyone is going crazy over those Revlon lip balm/crayon things. I have one that I love, but I use it only once in awhile.
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I am one of them people that easily buys anything hyped but luckily they are always great products :)

      Delete
  8. I'm a huge fan of the Bourjois primer and I'm pale :) I just make sure I blend it in REALLY well! Lovely post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul Taylor, you've definitely got yourself some awesome buys here! I need to try that Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick too - what a fantastic colour!

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bourjois rouge velvet and blusher look gorgeous! I do really like the bronzing primer for the summer

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bourjois products have been my fave recently :)

      Delete
  11. Lovely haul! The blush really looks so pretty <3 I'd be too scared to use that primer tho, I'm pretty pale so I think that orange undertone might make me look like a orangutan or something lmao! The revlon balms looks so gorgeus too! I wish they sold that brand in my country ><'
    xx
    Serainiev

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Revlon balms! I use them myself quite alot. Great post, I love it.

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the revlon balms!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Taylor! I just nominated you for the 'Liebster Award' over on my blog, here's the link back:
    http://amourtera.blogspot.com/2014/07/liebster-award.html ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you will have to check it out :)

      Delete
  15. That bold lipstick looks fantastic. I've really wanted to experiment with colorful lips so I may have to look into this one you bought!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really fab, as you can also dap them on with your fingers so it can be subtle if you are unsure!

      Delete
  16. nice haul ! love the blush :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig