Saturday, 14 June 2014

Current Favourites || From March to May 2014


Hello everyone! My exams have now finished woop woop!! This now means that I can put 100% into my blogposts and being away has really motivated and inspired some upcoming posts that I have in mind. Today I thought I would talk you through my favourite products that I have been loving. I was thinking of doing a monthly favourites but I wanted to talk about some of my previous month favourites too. I will start doing a monthly favourites though. Right, enough rambling!!



My first favourite is the Lord & Berry Luminizer Highlighter and Concealer Stick in the shade Moon. I got it for my birthday and oh my it has really made a difference! It's a creamy highlighter that is soft and such a blendable formula which can be applied to the cheekbones brow bone or any other area you wish to highlight. It is great for on the go and really brightens your face. I haven't really tried it as a concealer as it seems too shimmery for that but an amazing highlight!



The next has been my go to face mask during the exam period when I was suffering from major breakouts due to the stress and it's the Fresh Face Love Lettuce Mask. A little goes a long way and it does give you that glowy effect making you look radiant after. It contains nutrient-rich agar seaweed gel to brighten your complexion and honey and almond oil/shells for soothing, moisturising and exfoliating your skin with the calming effect from French lavender too.



Another Lush product is the Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum, it's basically a natural sugar based scrub which you use to exfoliate and smooth your lips. You basically just dip your finger into the pot and gently rub the scrub in circular motions, gently, on your lips. This is to ensure that the dead skin has gone but also to moisture your lips. After you have done that, you just wipe it off and then apply your chosen lip balm, it is so easy to do. It tastes like candyfloss and bubblegum yum!! 



I had to try the most hyped skincare product around and it's the Body
Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. I can't even begin to explain my love for the oil. It is truly amazing. It dissolves all of your makeup so effectively but leaves your face feeling so soft and irritation-free as well as not stripping it from its natural oils. I literally just massage it all over my face and rinse it off with warm water and my muslin cloth, when you are massaging it you can literally feel it dissolving in your fingers. Also, one pump goes a really long way so I bet I will have this for quite a while. It leaves you feeling fresh with no sticky residue. I am really excited for using this for the winter as its going to be perfect for hydrating my dry skin in the winter, therefore I am not too sure how well this would work for someone with oily skin. The smell of the oil is gorgeous too, its a subtle floral scent which isn't too overpowering. I really like the packaging too, it comes in a thick clear bottle which makes it easy to see how much product you have used. It comes with a pump, which is really convenient as its mess free and just easily pumps out.  



A skincare product I have been loving is the Origins Never A Dull Moment Skin Brightening Facial Polisher. I have really been opting for more natural skincare products recently as I just feel as if they are much better for your skin and Origins is the perfect brand for this. If you have quite sensitive skin than a face polisher is perfect for you, has finely milled granules designed to energise your skin leaving it soft and glowing rather than a scrub where as a scrub is slightly more aggressive to the skin and will get rid of the dead skin cells more violently and can irritate sensitive skin easily.



I get many compliments on my nails and how long they are and it's all down to the Sally Hansen Maximum Growth polish which has been working wonders on my nails. It is a triple-protein and silk formula which instantly reinforces soft, bitten and weak nails to be protected for splitting and breaking as well as making them grow super quick! I honestly saw results after a couple of weeks and I haven't broken a nail in ages!



How beautiful are they?! These are the L’Oreal Color Riche L’Ombre Pure Eyeshadows. They are gel-infused so feel incredibly smooth and have an almost creamy formula that give a super pigmented and intense look which is long lasting.



I got this Barry M Matte Nail Paint in Copacabana from my best friend Joanna as a present when we went out for a belated birthday dinner. I have also been so interested in the matte nail varnishes so I was so excited to try this out. I put it on the night I got it and love it so so much. The colour is perfect, its a bright coral red and the formula is great too. It only takes two coats to make it fully opaque!! Yay hahahahah!



From saving me from being a disco ball or a sweaty betty is the Benefit POREfessional Agent Zero Shine. I get very shiny around my t-zone so this is the perfect product for me! The packaging is so quirky and cool, Benefit can never go wrong with that. It does remove the shine but also leaves your foundation feeling really smooth. I love how perfect it is for travelling and on the go as it has the lid to put the powder in and the brush to twist out at the bottom. 




I knew that I would love this product as from what other reviews said it was something which my hair was really needing. My hair always looks so dead and lifeless so when the Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray came along it was love. Whenever I go out I need to just spritz it all over my hair and it just gives immediate volume. It's so easy and saves you buying all those silly volume shampoo and conditioners which never seem to work!



Pretty sure that MUA are becoming my favourite brand, their products are so affordable for amazing quality! I think I might do a MUA Makeup Mess or something for you all to show how great there products are. I think they are perfect for beginners and younger people so I really wish I knew about this brand in my year 8 days where I had a wotsit face with a horrible line on my neck! These are two blushes from MUA in Marshmellow and Lolly, they are lovely shades that are so buildable!



Where do I even start with this product?! The packaging is to die for! MAC have done an amazing job with their aquatic collection, both packaging and product wise. This is their Extra Dimension Bronzing Powder in Delphic. It's an orangey/brown bronzer with warm undertones of golden shimmer. It's so easy to blend in on your face as its so soft and silky, it's so perfect for the sunkissed look this summer. 



I think this has always been a favourite of mine, the Soap & Glory Mist You Madly Body Spray is amazing. It's been so convenient for quickly spraying on myself before exams and smells terrific!





Another blush I have been loving is the Beauty UK Baked Blush in Halo, which is quite a surprise to me as I don't even remember why I brought! Rarely, I will go out and buy something I have never read any reviews on which usually ends badly but this time I was super happy with my choice. The only criticism I have is the packaging as so many were smashed and broken grrrr! Anyway, its such a beautiful blush and a highlight in one! It gives a gorgeous shimmer and a soft pale pink blush. I love the fact that it is a domed circle too as it's so much easier to get the product on your brush.



The next is this I Love Mixed Berries shower gel which I got as a present, it smells amazing!! It can also be used for a bubble bath which I am keen to try, I don't know where it is from but someone please tell me!! I don't want to run out of it!!



Of course my first Chanel product had to be in my favourites! This is the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation in 30 Beige. It is so easy to use and great for those rushed mornings as it is great to apply with your fingers or a beauty blender/miracle complexion sponge as it is has a fluid consistency. It has a pretty good coverage that feels lightweight on your skin. The packaging is so chic and sassy haha!



This is the Kiko Rock Attraction Blush in Guitar Rose. The colour is so cute and girly, rather Barbie like. I just love the embossed design too its super cool.



Another product from Joanna, she did very well haha! This is the Body Shop Body Butter in Coconut. Coconut is literally my favourite scent ever, I just love coconut icecream and this reminds me of that. The thick consistency is perfect for me as I have really dry skin on my arms.



The  L’Oreal True Match foundation has got to be my go to and favourite foundation ever! After watching Lauren Curtis (Australian Beauty Vlogger) use it in pretty much every video she does, I just knew that I needed it. It gives amazing coverage and blends perfectly onto the skin. I have been using this for my evening looks where I want to loo flawless and this helps me achieve that. 10/10 honestly!



Not a beauty or fashion product but I just had to mention it. I love Alexa Chung so so much and this book is perfect in every way. It is called 'It' and is basically not really a book but just a collection of her own pictures and thoughts which are so funny and relatable. It's had terrible reviews from the Daily Mail etc but its aimed for us young people and its hilarious with things that I think of too. 



I have been loving a good statement necklace recently, it just helps jazz up an outfit to look more cool and effortless as well as brightens your outfit up a little. 



The Anatomicals Don't Just Clean It Woman, Scrub It Body Scrub is amazing. It is so lovely for my skin as its a gentle exfoliant which smells heavenly of grapefruit which really wakes you up in the mornings!



I have been loving to match this Primark clutch with an evening outfit, its so chic and simple which matches with everything! I love that it matches with one of my necklaces too.





If I could ever recommend only one product to my readers it would have to be the Kiko Creamy Touch Eyeshadow Duo sticks. Oh my. I have never really been an eyeliner kind of gal until now. I've got two which are in Charcoal & Steel and Violet & Turquoise. Not only are the shades perfect but the formula is amazing. They are so creamy, thick and longlasting which when applied are so soft and don't irritate the eyes at all. 



For cleansing my face (alongside the oil) I use the REN Cleansing Milk as it is really nice and gentle to the skin. Although it looks creamy it has a really light consistency and does not feel heavy on the face at all.  It leaves my face feeling very hydrated and refreshed as well as slightly moisturised?! This is a little pricey at £18 for 150ml but it is truly worth it for someone with sensitive and acne prone skin as it really helps reduce the redness and leave your face feeling lovely.



These so remind me of when I was 5 or something.. Jellies! Hahahaha, I love these so much, they remind me of my childhood and also look really cool on. They are the type of footwear you want to buy to embrace the summer and head down to the beach wearing, love them!



To be fair I don't really know the difference between a BB cream and a CC Cream but I have always gone for the BB Creams. However, a couple of weeks ago I decided to pick up the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream after the amazing look that Annie did on a guest blog post on my blog a couple of weeks ago! I got it in the shade Ivory too and it matches perfectly. It contains three colour correcting pigments which are Apricot to counteract the signs of fatigue, Green to disguise any traces of redness and White to conceal dark spots. It leaves my face looking radiant and glowy which I love, this is perfect for school as its so natural too!



Lastly, another MUA product wooooo! This is the MUA 3 in 1 Extreme Contour Liner which has been so so helpful with improving my eyeliner technique. I love the fact that it is angled so its much easier to do the flicks on your eyes!

So I hope you guys enjoyed this post, I am so happy to be back and putting my all into these posts! Hopefully this wasn't too long haha! What are your current favourites? Comment below! I need some new products for my next favourites post!


Taylor x

 https://www.bloglovin.com/whattaylorbuys
(And follow me on Instagram: whattaylorbuys)
SHARE:

60 comments

  1. Lovely post! Where did you get your jellies from? I love them! :)

    xxx Nausikaä
    www.fashionatic.be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great picks, The Lord and Berry highlighter sounds perfect.

    Kristy | http://itsablondiiething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love so many of the products you have featured here, especially The Body Shop's camomile eye make-up remover and the body butter! Glad to hear your exams are over now :) i hope they went well for you hun xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I have the makeup remover too its amazing!! Thanks again xx

      Delete
  4. So many great picks, I don't know where to start! Most of the make-up you've mentioned I either own and love, or want to own! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hahah it's been so long since I've spoken through all the stuff I loved! It was such a long post but I really enjoyed doing it as I've missed it so so much x

      Delete
  5. congrats on finishing exams! Hope you have a wonderful, very much deserved, break!! Lovely picks too- I so love MUA's blushers, would love to see a post on your collection/faves!
    L xo
    Head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much, I am really going to enjoy relaxing for a while! That's great, I will definitely do that soon and tell you when!! x

      Delete
  6. Ohh you lucky thing, I still have one more exam before my A levels are finished! Great post but it's making me want to go shopping these things, ahhh.
    Eleanor -
    https://elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, this must have taken you ages to put together! Absolutely loved reading through all of your favourites so much so that I've added a few to my 'must buy' list. Followed you on bloglovin' so can't wait to read more of your posts! xx

    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did take me a couple of hours but I truly enjoyed it haha! Aw thank you, I will follow back :) xx

      Delete
  8. Such a rad flat lay! Ahh I love IT, it's so good. xx

    yecrad.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. the body shop cleansing oil is basically my favorite skin care product ever. i can not get over it.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, i want them all! Especially the white jellies and the bubblegum lip scrub!!


    x | xprincessjas

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post! really need a new blusher/bronzer and i'm spoilt for choice with these recommendations haha.
    I'm having a statement necklace giveaway over on my blog if you're interested in entering!
    lots of love
    love jen | jennifers journal x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, oooo I will have to have a look :) x

      Delete
  12. Great post. I have nominated you for the Liebster award.
    beautystreet284.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely picks! I've been using the REN milk as well after getting it at the Space NK sale and I can't believe how soft it leaves my skin!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your faves! so many of them are mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely picks! I'd love to give the Lush face mask a go! :)

    http://www.bee-on-a-budget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, love your faves!:)

    http://svetlanabeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh so many great favourites! love the lush lip scrub

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great stuff! That pink blush is gorgeous! Lovely blog here. Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes of course! xx

      Delete
    2. Thx bunches honey. Following back on GFC #425 Please keep in touch. xox

      Delete
  19. I recently purchased the L'Oreal True Match foundation and I love it too! I really want to try out The Body Shop Silky Cleansing Oil - it sounds amazing! x

    Telina | Love, Telina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so so amazing!! And please do, its great :) x

      Delete
  20. I love monthly round up posts- I need to try the love lettuce fave mask
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous photos! I want to try so many of these products I especially love the sound of the Chanel foundation and the Kiko blush!
    x

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was so sceptical about buying such a expensive foundation but I love it x

      Delete
  22. Lovely post!xxKind of in love with your blog:)
    I would love you to visit my blog,and follow if you want!:)
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Love,Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, whats the link??

      Delete
  23. Such a lovely post! I need to try the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil.

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome post! I'm in love with your photography skills <3
    www.madisonblanding.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh they're terrible!! I'm lucky to have a great camera :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig