Friday, 23 May 2014

Guest Blogger: Get Ready With Me || thesetatters

Hello everyone! My name is Annie and I run a fashion and beauty blog called These Tatters. I post ootds, hauls, reviews and lots more! I'd like to say a huge thanks to Taylor for asking me to do this guest post so lets get on with it shall we? Today's post is going to be a 'get ready with me' in the form of an outfit of the day and face of the day mash up and I hope you all like it!



Fun fact: I gave up buying makeup for lent and on Sunday the 30th I cracked. Like an easter egg. I bought 3  new products and they are featured in today's makeup look. The first is the Bourjois CC Cream in Ivory. It's a good colour match for me and has a nice dewy finish but I made the mistake of wearing it to work. Let's just say I feel sorry for anyone I served in the last hour or two of my shift because that was not a pretty sight. The next item I bought was the Topshop Magic Liner because I kept hearing really great things about it and I'm a fickle being. And the third product that sealed the deal was the L'oreal L'extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick in 201 Rose Symphony which is a lovely bright pink for Spring.


Does anyone else feel stupid taking photos with their eyes closed? Blink detected or what?
 I used my Smashbox Full Exposure palette on my eyes with a cat flick and attempted to make my eyelashes look remotely existent with a tonne of the L'oreal Miss Manga mascara. On my cheeks I used a combination of the Illasmasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow with NYX's Powder Blush in Pinched and the No.7 Instant Radiance cream highlighter and I find it gives a fresh look to the face which was perfect in the sunny weather.



 I picked up this dress in the Topshop sale for £15. The Topshop sale is amazing at the moment and I could have bought so many more things if my bank account and conscience would have allowed it but I settled on this dress. I love the pattern on the shape; me and smock dresses have an on going affair. I also really love the length of this. Being just over 5,1" I often struggle to find dresses that don't hit my legs at a really unflattering length but this is perfect. The heels help as well!


I styled it with this really cute little necklace which I found in a Dorothy Perkins sale. I think it adds a bit more interest to a fairly simple outfit.



As you can see I'm very much on board with the white nails trend. This is the Barry M Nail Paint in 66 Matte White. I think it looks gorgeous paired with some delicate silver rings. The elephant and triangle are from a set of Primark rings and the midi rings are from eBay.


Now if you've ever gone within 50 miles of my blog you will have seen these shoes because they are my favourite shoes of all time (possibly why they look so dirty ew). I wear them nonstop, they go with everything, I'm going to be one of those people that marries an object. 



That's just about everything for today! I really hope you enjoyed this post and if you do please come and say hi over on my blog, These Tatters. Thanks again for reading!
Lots of love,

SHARE:

28 comments

  1. Love this post! Adore the makeup, dress, jewellery, nail polish - everything! Really want to try that No7 highlighter!

    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!
    Smashbox Full Exposure is my favourite palette at the moment!
    Also so jealous you managed to get your hands on that dress I've looked everywhere but can't get it in my size :'( haha

    Sarah xx
    www.coloursofautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need it, I'm super jealous of her! x

      Delete
  3. You look gorgeous! Absolutely love the Smashbox palette, really want it.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looking beautiful. Lovely makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving everything!! Those shoes are amazing!!

    xxkelly

    http://sandysatisfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful get ready with me post :) Xx

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  7. That palette is beautiful - i sooooooo need to add it to my palette collection xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww you look gorgois love; love the whole Get ready with me concept!
    Afeeyah xo

    New post ~ http://smilerrr.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/ootn-monochrome-with-pop-of-colour.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this post! Your makeup looks perfect. And the shoes are incredible!

    Maggie D. xx

    http://mychicadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post(: Your style is so diverse, I love it!
    www.madisonblanding.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely post :) I really enjoy reading your blog! haha keep in touch x Peach

    http://momomoworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. SUPER cute<3

    xx
    http://tilsie.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the shoes omg.
    x
    http://imlost13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a gorgeous look! I still really need to try Bourjois CC Cream, everyone loves it and I'm yet to try it.

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig