Friday, 30 May 2014

Guest Blogger: Favourite Face Products || confessionsofamake-upaddict


Hey guys!

My name is Bek, and I am from Sydney, Australia! I run a beauty blog called Confessions of a Make-Up Addict, which is my own little creative space to talk about all things beauty related. I love to do product reviews, first impressions, tutorials, hauls and so much more! Today, I'm going to talk about my favourite face products. Of all cosmetics, I have to say that I am a face junkie. I love primers, foundations & concealers so much, and they do make up the majority of my collection. To say I like to buy and try is a little bit of an understatement...

I'll be going through my recommendations for primer, foundation, concealer, primer and powder today! I hope you enjoy this post and find something that you may not have known about before.

Primer - Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Primer



This is hands down the best primer I have ever tried. It's everything I want in a primer - it's hydrating, provides a luminous finish and (most importantly) allows my foundation to really blend in flawlessly to my skin. This is a formula for more normal/dry skin types, but those with oily/combination, there is a matte formula that you may want to check out!

Foundation - Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation



I have a confession: I am really a foundation junkie. I own 31 foundations (with more to come), just because I always felt like I could never find the right fit for me. Until I found this. This is just the most perfect foundation for me. It's lightweight, with a light to medium buildable coverage and just looks so healthy and radiant on your skin. This has the potential to be my most reached for foundation - ever! In all honesty, I don't think you can go wrong with nearly all of the Bourjois face products. But, there is a reason that this particular product is so raved about, not only by me, but by lot's of other bloggers as well. If you haven't already, buy into the hype and check it out now!

Concealer - Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer



I really love using this concealer. Maybelline has a fantastic shade range for these, including one specifically for brightening, so you'll really cannot go wrong. I use the shade Fair, and basically use it conceal my under eye circles and highlight at the same time. It's really easy to use, as it comes with it's own applicator, and covers extremely well, while brightening at the same time.

Powder & Bronzer - MAC Mineralize Skin Finishes in Light & Medium Deep



I am not someone who usually uses powder - I have normal skin that leans dry so I don't usually find that I need to use any. However, lately I have noticed that my makeup wears off easily in my t-zone (must be all my facial expressions!), and that my concealer was creasing and blending into the colour of my foundation rather than standing out as a highlight. I find the MAC MSF in Light is perfect for patting over my concealer and t-zone to set, and I then use Medium Deep to bronze up my face. These powders are so finely milled, and once they are on the skin, they look absolutely flawless - almost airbrushed and not cakey whatsoever!



I also want to give an honourable mention to the Maybelline Fit Me Stick in 330. Excuse my packaging, my local drugstore likes them to look as trashy as possible for when we bring them home. I basically use this to cream contour, and then set it with the MAC MSF in Medium Deep which I mentioned above. This is perfect if you're after a really natural looking contour, and this blends so well into your foundation without looking obvious, but still gives you depth and dimension around your face.

Highlighters - TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer & Cindy-Lou Manizer



The reason these are so great is not only because they are beautiful powders and highlights - they are the best multipurpose products I have ever come across. Mary-Lou is a cult favourite highlighter - it's been raved about all over Youtube and blogs alike. It really is a gorgeous highlight, being a honey-champagne hybrid that really gives you that gleam and shine. It's also perfect to use in your inner corners, or as an all over lid colour. Cindy-Lou is relatively new to the market, and is a pink highlight colour. Personally, I can't wear this as a highlight, as I am far too fair. But I love to use this as a blush - it is the perfect pink with a hint of peach that just gives this healthy glow. For darker toned skin, this could be your perfect highlighter.

Blush - Benefit Rockateur Box-o-Blush




This blush was released last year, and it is the most perfect, rose-gold colour! Plus it smells incredible - like my grandma, but in a good way. This has the most gorgeous sheen, and gives the most subtle pop of colour to your cheeks - it just looks so natural, flushed and pretty. I would definitely recommend you to get your hands on this, especially if you are someone who is intimidated by blush!



And that's all from me! Thank you so much to Taylor for the opportunity to guest post on her blog - I have thoroughly enjoyed myself writing this post and hope you love it too! Head on over to my blog to check out my product reviews, hauls, tutorials and much more - you won't regret it, swear ;)

http://confessionsofamake-upaddict.blogspot.co.uk/
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I've had my eye on Rockateur for a while now, it looks like such a gorgeous shade! :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to go get myself a Benefit blush, they all look amazing x

      Delete
  2. Ohh, I'm really tempted to try the Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Primer now!

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I have the primer and it is amazing!!

      Delete
  4. I used the fit me stick all summer and really liked it. Also, the age rewind concealer is my favourite!
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love MAC skinfinish natural as well, its the only powder I've found that doesn't crease throughout the day! I've never thought of buying a deeper colour to use as a bronzer though- definitely going to buy the deep colour next time I'm in their store. would love if you could check out my blog! :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely go check it out, Bek is really good at giving tips and recommendations :)

      Delete
  6. I just love Rockateur! I'd love to try some of the Balms things too, great post Bek! Xxx

    thebeautybombuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, i think you can get some from ASOS? xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig