Friday, 11 April 2014

Skincare Saviours: Current Essentials


Hello guys! Sadly, this is my last post that I will write for a bit. But luckily, I have some exciting guest bloggers coming up in April onwards which is pretty cool. Right, today I thought I would talk you through my current essentials for my skincare. This is in no sort of order of routine, I literally just chucked them all into one picture and I'm doing them in that order!

Liz Earle Tonic Spritzer 
I use this after cleansing as it is a super hyfrating toner which also soothes your skin as well as refreshes it. I love Liz Earle products because they contain a large number of natural ingredients and are alcohol free, wooo! I've been using this since Christmas and has worked wonders on my face and really calmed my spots which is really good.
Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm
I'm not too sure if I do actually need this as I am only a teenager and Collagen is for getting rid of your wrinkles but I love this to smooth my skin and give a more glowing complexion. Is not a stiff balm so applying it is very nice and smooth, gliding over your face. Oh and it smells amazing!
Elemis Skin Buff
This by far has got to be my holy grail product at the moment. It is too great to explain (but I'll try) It is an exfoliator which gently buffs away impurities, dirt and dulling skin cells boosting skin cell regeneration and enhancing natural radiance. I like this so much purely because it does get rid off any dirt of your face but it is so gentle and doesn't irritate the face at all. 
Simple Night Cream
I love this night cream so much as I have quite dry skin so I need a thick consistency cream at night time, its natural too which is obviously a good thing and leaves me feeling fresh faced in the mornings.
L'Oreal Triple Active Day Cream
I love this cream just to brighten my face if I feel as if my face is looking dull. It really hydrates your skin and gives a lovely radiance. The texture is quite soft and light too which is perfect during the day because you don't want to look greasy.
Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturiser
I talk about this product way too much and it needs to stop, I've even bullied my friends into buying it. I just love it, its so easy and quick saving so much time of rubbing it and then standing around awkwardly waiting for it to dry. Perfect product and smells heavenly!

Lush Tea Tree Water
Tea tree is antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial, so can help keep away the bacteria that can cause spots therefore I use this product so much as I get a lot of spots! I use this to keep my face refreshed during the day along with my day cream and it's brilliant.
Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Love this so much and I mentioned it in my recent favourites so I will just repeat myself again. I massage the balm onto my dry skin with my fingers and then wash it off with a muslin cloth. You would think that the balm would be really lumpy on the face but it immediately dissolves into a silky oil and melts off any excess makeup immediately. It also leaves the skin feeling so so smooth and nourished which is perfect for sensitive skin as there are no fragrances. 
Along Came Betty Eye Lifting Cream
I never saw the purpose of an eye cream until recently when my exams and revision have been stressing me out to the point where I have disgusting dark black circles under my eyes. This is such a life saver as it prevents me from looking like a zombie!
 Elemis Soothing Apricot Toner
The purpose of this toner is to soothe the skin and leave a radiant appearance. It is designed for extra-sensitive skin so it doesn't irritate the face at all and gently maintains the PH levels in your skin by not using alcohol ingredients which strip the skin.

L'Oréal Paris Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution
I love this stuff as it is not harsh on the skin and leaves your skin actually feeling really soft even though it cleanses your face whilst taking off your makeup which is rather impressive. Putting this on is pretty straightforward, I just pour it onto a cotton pad and massage it onto my face. 
The Body Shop Body Butter in Passion Fruit
I get extremely dry arms so to help this I love using this body butter. It helps so much because the texture is so thick and creamy which really moisturises the skin without it feeling greasy as well as gives an amazing passion fruit scent!
So that is it! I hope you enjoyed this post, I can't tell if it was really boring or helpful but hopefully it has helped/inspired someone! Comment below your skincare favourites! I hope you all have an amazing weekend.

Taylor x
 https://www.bloglovin.com/whattaylorbuys
(And follow me on Instagram: whattaylorbuys)
SHARE:

34 comments

  1. I love the sound of the Elemis balm! I use the Tea Tree toner from Lush too, it's a daily essential!

    Catherine, xo | LLV Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MUST get my hands on some Lush Tea Tree water! ♥
    http://amourtera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Body Shop Body Butter in that scent, I have it myself and the smell is so addictive!

    Michaela-Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the scents are beautiful, I just love them :)

      Delete
  4. I really wanna try the Vaseline spray and go moisturiser as I can never be bothered to moisturise my body and that might make it a bit easier! xx

    www.rawrbows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I literally want to buy everything in this post! I am definitely going to get the elemis toner! Taylor you are breaking my bank !

    Love Ellie | makeup and other junk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Elemis toner is amazing and worth every penny Ellie! I promise haha! I'm sorry!!!

      Delete
    2. I definitely need it! Hahaha xxxx

      Delete
  6. I've read fantastic things about that L'oreal micellean water
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is so so good, the Garnier one also has been a skin saviour!! x

      Delete
  7. I love the Lush tea tree toner and it's amazeballs for us spot people
    Afeeyah xo

    New post ~ http://smilerrr.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/kiko-full-protection-foundation-stick.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Spray & Go product is amazing! Have a nice day! xoxox

    www.andie-chambers.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm yet to try the spray and go moisturiser but i really want to! it seems so convenient for a lazy person like me haha

    xo Sarah
    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great, I honestly recommend it if you are super lazy or have no time :)

      Delete
  10. spray and go moisturizer sounds really awesome ! i need to try it :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the recommendations! Love the body shop stuff! They always smell so good. :3

    Check out my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a good post, I've wanted to try a few of these for a while now!
    I nominated you for the Inspiring Blogger award by the way!
    The nominations on my blog :)

    Sarah xx
    www.coloursofautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, will go check it out! xx

      Delete
  13. Amazing blog! Would you mind following each other? Just let me know http://www.thatfashionapp.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and yes of course :)

      Delete
  14. I just found your site through google.Thanks for sharing ,,These used to be my absolute favorite Lush Tea Tree water.I am watching Women Dresses . Its interesting ..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the spray and go lotion for when I'm in a hurry! You should try the grapefruit scented one!
    lexi // thelittlebrunette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt even know there was one! Need that asap :)

      Delete
  16. all great picks for skincare. skincare is so important. i'd rather have great skin than have to spend loads on makeup to cover up bad skin you know?
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig