Friday, 18 April 2014

Guest Blogger: Spring Makeup Look || amourtera



Hello! My name is Kelly and I run a blog called Amourtera (amourtera.blogspot.com). The lovely Taylor asked me to collaborate with her on this Spring Makeup Essentials post! This is our second time working together (the first was over on my blog) and I'm so glad to be doing this again!
        I tend to use a lot of different products (makes it annoying when I travel). I've already been spoiled with a touch of spring over here in New York, and it inspired me to get to using some fresh, bright colors already! Here's what I used:



1. For face, I started with using Benefit's "That Gal" face primer, which I like because it brightens me up! Then I used a sheer kabuki brush to stipple on my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, which completely covers almost everything and makes my skin look flawless! I then went over any spots I had with MAC's discontinued Studio Sculpt Concealer. Next, I highlighted my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose using Benefit's Watt's Up highlighter. This foundation doesn't get too oily, so I lightly dust Rimmel's Stay Matte powder on my T-zone only. Lastly, I brushed on Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush in 'thankful', which is my absolute favorite blush ever!

2. For eyes, I started by using Too Faced's Shadow Insurance and MAC's Pro Longwear Paint Pot in 'Soft Ochre'. I used the colors 'I Do' in my crease and 'Cut The Cake' on my lid from Too Faced's Romantic Eye Palette. I also used 'I Do' to lightly fill in my brows. Then, I used Madison Street Beauty's Mineral Eye Shadow in 'Lemon Chiffon' to highlight my inner corners and brow bone. I finished it off by using NYC Liquid Eyeliner (the BEST) to make a wing, and used my E.L.F lash curler and applied Maybelline's The Rocket Mascara.

3. For lips, I used Maybelline's Color Whisper color balm in 'Petal Rebel', which is a perfect light, spring pink.


        I wish you could see my eye makeup better, but my eyes just squint up too much when I smile! Anyway, I want to thank Taylor again for asking me to write, and thank you for reading!

-Kelly, amourtera.blogspot.com ♥
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Lovely post... I was in search for a good liquid eyeliner, I'll have to give NYC a go!

    www.justalittlebitoftwaddle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really want to get a few NYC products too x

      Delete
  2. Ouu I've been really wanting to try Double Wear for quite some time now... It may be my next purchase! That lip colour is so perfect for spring too x

    Rebecca | morerebe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, ive heard great things about it :)

      Delete
  3. I love the look, Estée Lauders double wear foundation is brilliant I reviewed it on my blog. I've never tried anything from two faced as it's hard to get hold of in the UK. But I'd love to try some of their products as I have heard their brand is great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so so need to try it, Debenhams sell Too Faced I think :)

      Delete
  4. nice, great products!1

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great! your skin looks flawless! x
    The Frill Seeker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for inviting me to write! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, feel free to post on my blog anytime haha i love your posts :)

      Delete
  7. You look ruddy marvellous lady! I kinda want that Too Faced palette!

    Halima
    Fashionicide // Fashion, with a difference
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig