Friday, 25 April 2014

Guest Blogger: Playing with Pastels || morerebe


Hey everyone, I’m Rebecca! I’m so happy that Taylor asked me to guest post for you today. What an exciting opportunity! Over on my own blog, morerebe.com, I write about nearly everything and anything - it’s what I’ve deemed a personal makeup, lifestyle and whatever-else blog. I really hope you enjoy this post I have for you, and if you did be sure to give my blog a peak!

Spring has finally arrived after what seemed like such a cold, long winter. I’m definitely not looking back whatsoever. It’s time to move past dark, dramatic makeup and nails and onto fun, feminine colour! I’ve been playing with pastels a lot because there is something so effortless and brightening about these kinds of shades, without being too overbearing. The simplest way to ease yourself into pastels is with a wash of polish. I’m loving Revlon Charming, a cool-toned lilac that just screams spring and Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, a creamy candy-like green. Of course there are so many more pastel options for your tips in all colours of the rainbow, but these are my current go-to’s.

It can be a more difficult to incorporate pastels into a makeup look, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done! Exploring outside of my comfort zone, I’ve been trying out colour on my lids. This Maybelline  Purple Icon quad offers the most beautiful, buttery shimmery purple (the second shade in) for an inner corner highlight or an all-over wash. In contrast, I’ve also really been loving The Body Shop Chat-up Lime Colour Crush eyeshadow, which is much more subtle but a beautiful way to bring colour to the eyes. I love that these shades can be worn on their own, but mixing pastels into a single look is also so much fun to do! A pop of Essence Silky Touch Blush in Sweetheart, a peachy-pink blush with just the slightest shimmer, on the cheeks makes the look innocent and natural. I like to keep it subtle on the lips with an opaque, fuss-free gloss like NARS Turkish Delight, the kind of colour that works with most skin tones and almost any makeup. 

I'm loving playing with pastels, I feel like it brings so much life to the face. It’s too much fun to not try this spring! If you want to see how I've incorporated these products into a look for Easter then be sure to check out this post on my blog

Have you been playing with pastels? What are some of your favourite pastel picks?

http://www.morerebe.com/
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Same, so so perfect for Spring right now :)

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the look of the Nars lipgloss. Such a pretty and girly colour Xx
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks super cute, I really want it! x

      Delete
  3. Love that eyeshadow quad and the polishes. Great picks! Xx

    http://xoxomeaghan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out her blog, she recommends some really good products xx

      Delete
  4. You can never go wrong with pastels. That nail colour is stunning!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig