Friday, 4 April 2014

Guest Blogger: Favourite Lipsticks || lilliesandlipbalm


Hi! I’m Mel from lilliesandlipbalm.blogspot.com and Taylor really kindly invited me to talk about my favourite topic on her patch of the internet – lipstick! I am one of those girls who just can’t get enough lip choices, I always have a good few options floating around in my handbag and I can’t walk through Boots without adding a new lippie to my stash. It was actually pretty difficult to pick my favourites, but I’ve narrowed it down to my 8 absolute favourites for all occasions and all times of year.



Firstly, MAC Rebel – a gorgeous opaque berry shade which is absolutely perfect for the Autumn/Winter months and I love pairing with a pale pink cheek and a subtle flick of eyeliner. I only added this to my collection back in December, but it’s quickly climbed to the top.
Every girl needs her perfect red, and mine is MAC Ruby Woo. It’s a matte blue-toned bright shade that makes my teeth look white and my lips stand out. Thanks to the matte finish a quick scrub with the Lush lip scrub and a coat of Nuxe Reve de Miel keeps my lips in tip-top condition.
Another two MAC picks I tend to go for on an everyday basis are Chatterbox and Coral Bliss. Chatterbox is quite a bright pink shade, but not too over the top for day-to-day wear and it always gets me a few compliments. Coral bliss is my all-time favourite lipstick thanks to the gorgeous peachy shade, perfect formula and how comfortable it is to wear – no drying or unsightly fading here. Although it’s perfect for spring/summer, I can’t resist wearing it year-round because I love it so much.
When I don’t fancy full-on opaque lips I usually reach for one of these two lip-butter type products – either Dior lipstick in Bow or the Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya. Both of these products are super moisturising, super easy to wear and ideal for pairing with a smokey eye look.
Lastly, the pencils. I am absolutely head over heels in love with all formulations of the Revlon lip pencils. I have quite the collection, but my two favourites are the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick and the Colourburst Matte Balm in Elusive. The balm stain is so easy to pop on, fades to a really pretty stain and is such a gorgeous bright colour. The matte balm is not at all drying thanks to its creamy formula and the colour is really understated and pretty. I’ve already got my eyes on the Matte Balms in Mischievous and Unapologetic which I’ll be adding to my collection in the VERY near future I’m sure!



I’d absolutely love to hear what your favourite lipsticks are, and I bet Taylor would to, so leave any recommendations down below!

http://www.lilliesandlipbalm.blogspot.co.uk/
SHARE:

44 comments

  1. These are all so gorgeous!

    As for me, my favorite lip products would probably have to be my tarte matte balm in Fiery and my Topshop lip crayon in Suspect

    lovely post! I definitely will be checking out your blog

    xxkelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Topshop lip crayons! And yes you really should check out her blog, her reviews are so detailed and truthful :)

      Delete
  2. I adore the Revlon lip pencils also but I've also recently fallen in love with the Lipstick Queen Chinatown lip pencil pink bluff on top of that I love Illamasqua's Glamore lipstick Glissade and their Howl.

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried Illamasqua's lipsticks before, will have to check that out xx

      Delete
    2. They really are worth the money!

      Delete
    3. Where do they sell them in the UK?

      Delete
  3. I love the Revlon colourburst balm ,such a good value for money! xx

    www.rawrbows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have such a great range of colours too xx

      Delete
  4. they all are really pretty colors :) And i really need to try the Revlon color burst balm :) !! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look lovely! I'm not a big fan of MAC lipsticks. I don't understand the hype behind them. I own 20+ drugstore lipsticks :P X

    http://www.caseyslifeandotherstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess its due to their price it can be so hard to decide whether its worth buying them. I personally love MAC lipsticks but I do check out loads of reviews before buying! x

      Delete
  6. Such a great selection, I loveeeee MAC lipsticks! I just bought Girl About Town and I'm obsessed! x

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a love affair with the Revlon balm stains too... particularly the original and matte formula! xx

    duggydimples

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love matte lipstick of M.A.C. Actually, I've always used this brand for a few years now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dior's Bow is adorable! Thanks for the recommendations :)

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super cute! You should check out her blog for more recommendations!

      Delete
  10. Wow, these colours look great, I've never really used them before but now I'm excited to give it a go! Great blog as well :)

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such a nice post; I love Mac Rebel and aren't lipsticks just the best thing ever?
    Afeeyah

    New post ~ http://smilerrr.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/my-top-3-hero-face-masks-reviews.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't got it but her writing about it is really persuading me!!

      Delete
  12. Rebel is so pretty & daring!
    Think I'm going to try that one for sure.

    www.lavishingg.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love purple lip in the winter, its so cool and vampy x

      Delete
  13. great post, please check out my blog its new http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post! And I just bought the red Revlon lipstick! Can't wait to try it out :)

    xoxo Brie at chicvadourbyb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Mac Rebel and Ruby Woo shades, definitely need to add them to my collection. I'm loving lip pencils at the moment, they're great for my dry lips, I only have one of the Revlon just bitten ones but I'm loving the Rimmel colour rush ones at the moment :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to start using lip liners more :) xx

      Delete
  16. so many pretty colors! i can't believe i've never tried out mac products. their matte lipsticks always look stunning. i've been using this new nyx moisturizing lipstick that i really like, and the rimmel kate moss collection.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the rimmel kate moss collection!! xx

      Delete
  17. Looove this post!! I'm obsessed with Mac lipsticks but I've recently reached out to try a few others. There's definitely some up there I haven't tried that I'll to try now. Great blog!!! xo kelly

    http://beautyhuddle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC lipsticks are definitely up there with the best x

      Delete
  18. These are all my fav lipsticks also! I'm loving those Revlon Lip Butters at the moment. Everyone keeps talking about them. But for good reason!

    Emma | The Fashion Six

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in love with MAC. I like your blog, so I follow you, we can follow each other, what do you say?
    Kiss kiss http://majissh.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never tried any Mac lipsticks, just because there are too many colors to choose from! but I adore the Revlon balms, especially the colorburst ones!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just found your site through google.Thanks for sharing a beautiful and high quality information.I am watching Women Dresses . Its interesting ..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig