Thursday, 13 March 2014

Product Review: Benefit Lollitint


Hello everyone! I hope you are all well, today is the day I finally post my Lollitint review after weeks of saying I would. Due to my exams coming up soon etc, it means that I will be posting less often and might be having a few guest bloggers oooooo! But you will have to wait for that because right now I want to tell you about the best lip and cheek stain ever!

If you don't know anything about Benefit's tints then they are basically long wearing liquid formulas (nail polish like) which you can paint onto your face for the apple of your cheek or simply put on your lips. 


Firstly, lets start of the packaging which has got to be one of my favourite things about this product. The product is boxed in an adorable pink polka-dot box which is just so girly! When I opened the box inside, there was an even more girly metallic pink bottle which looks like nail polish. as also within the lid was a thin narrow which you would expect to see from a nail polish. Nevertheless, it does sit on my makeup drawers looking ever so beautiful and I love just starting at it. 




The Lollitint is a candy-orchid tinted lip and cheek stain which is described to be the flirtiest flush you can get from a bottle and a pop of dreamy sweetness. The colour is so beautiful and perfect for Spring. As you can see from the swatch below, its a really pretty cool-toned pinkish lilac. It's a real unique shade as I do not own any blush this colour and I believe it would enhance all skintones due to the blue undertones. As well as the colour, it also gives a satin, dewy look. It gave me a really healthy looking and natural glow if I apply it lightly as it really brightens the skin or you can build it up to be more intense so you can make it more of a bold statement cheek. That is a good advantage of the product, it is very buildable and versatile to any look you want to create whether its a bold pink lip or bold cheeks, it is a fun shade for the spring.



The formula is different to the over tints as it is more of a gel formula which I think is much easier for blending. It's rather thick and creamy yet feels so lightweight on the skin. The staying power is amazing and it really does live up to Benefit's statement that it lasts from AM to PM. The only disadvantage of this is that because it does stay on so well it does dry incredibly quick. As I was doing the swatch on my arm and took some pictures I then wanted to blend it and I couldn't so you will have to work quick with blending it! Benefit do give you some little instructions on how to apply the tint. Like the instructions, I do brush three strokes on the apple of my cheek but I blend it with a Real Techniques contour brush instead of my fingers as I worry about a patchy effect. For the lips, I just do the same, dap and blend to create a stunning lavender shade!

Overall, I am so impressed and also in love with this product. It is just a two in one which I am starting to take everywhere! The colour of the year from Pantone is Orchid so it is perfect! The formula although a little hard to work with, is really good and much better compared to the other tints. It's just a really fun and flirty product which I would recommend to anyone if they want to achieve a beautiful and radiant glow. Although pricey at £24.50 if you want a high quality and long lasting product then it is worth every penny!

So what is your opinion of Lollitint or any other tints? Please comment below!

And here our the links of the guest bloggers I will have in the next few weeks!

Mel: http://www.lilliesandlipbalm.blogspot.co.uk/
Ellie: http://makeupandotherjunk.blogspot.co.uk/
Jessica: http://jsscax.blogspot.co.uk/
Annie: http://thesetatters.blogspot.co.uk/
Rebekah: http://confessionsofamake-upaddict.blogspot.co.uk/
Emma: http://thefashion-six.blogspot.co.uk/
Kelly: http://amourtera.blogspot.co.uk/

Taylor x
    https://www.bloglovin.com/whattaylorbuys

SHARE:

78 comments

  1. This looks like such a beautiful colour but I have never tried a tint before and find them a little scary! I also love the packaging x

    curlsandcometsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks amazing! Lovely review too :)
    xxx Nausikaä
    www.fashionatic.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It look me ages to take pictures of, who know sweets would be such a hassle!!x

      Delete
  3. Such a versatile and pretty shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like multipurpose product need to find and try great review. Thank you for visiting my blog.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so beautiful and I love that you can use it on your lips and cheeks as well! xx

    www.rawrbows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its such a handy product just to carry around :) xx

      Delete
  6. The packaging is soooo cute! Love Benefits tints/highlighters. Obsessed with high beam I literally wear it every day.
    Also, do you have a post where you are wearing it? I'm curious to see how it looks blended in.

    Love review and I love the little candy in the background!

    xxkelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to take a picture and upload it tomorrow!!

      Delete
  7. I have this too and I absolutely love, I know I'll be wearing it a lot throughout spring and summer!

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want this ! Thanks for the review :)

    ella x

    http://ellabellascrapbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Was excited to blog about a product I really like x

      Delete
  9. I love the way you have photographed this :) Love how you can use it in different ways and it's a lovely shade x

    Sweet Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look of this! :) such a pretty colour!
    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so in love with the colour!!
      http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  11. It looks so beautiful; tried it on in the shop and it was a tad bit runnery for me.
    Love your blog; would you like to follow each other?
    Afeeyah xo

    New post ~ http://smilerrr.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/all-night-long.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame!
      And yes of course!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the follow sweetie, I done the same xx

      Delete
    3. Aw thank you, can't wait to see more of your posts xx

      Delete
  12. Love the packaging! Think this product will be so lovely in summer X

    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be good for all year round too, because you can make it look subtle in the winter and bold in summer! x

      Delete
  13. Ive tried the bene tit and cha-cha tint, but this tint looks really cute!
    Shannon
    independantartiste.blogspot.com
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its the shade which makes it super cute x

      Delete
  14. I have Benetint and I absolutely love it. So easy to wear, and it lasts a long time! This color is so pretty, I'll have to pick it up soon.

    morganlorraine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, I think its better than the Benetint!

      Delete
  15. OMG it's so pretty!!! :D
    xx, Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love Lollitint, it's such a gorgeous stain and I love wearing it on my lips. So perfect for Spring xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  17. How pretty! She shade is lovely and you've photographed it so well. Perfect colour for Spring. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I only use Korean brand tint. But I really want to try one of these from Benefit. Love the packaging & the colour looks so good!

    xx,
    MITCH | Click to join OhDearBumblebees' Giveaway~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I would love to try one, exchange you? (Anything but the Lollitint though!)

      Delete
  19. This looks edible haha! Great review :)

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am still eating those sweets now too!!!

      Delete
  20. I'm so so eager to try this being the fan I am of the other tints Benefit offer - love the photography above sweet.

    Elizabeth x | www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth it is truly an amazing product x

      Delete
  21. Great photos, and the tint looks so pretty! I've never tried a tint from Benefit, but I've always wanted too, and this one is such a nice colour so I may try this one! Great review!<3

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have to admit, I've been soooo tempted to try this out since it was first released, but the price tag kind of put me off, plus the only Benefit tint I'd tried was 'High Beam', and I didn't get along too well with it, but I think that was just a shade problem. Having read your review, though, I definitely think Lollitint is going back on my 'to buy' list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really want to try it one day :)

    vanillia96.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the look of this - really want to try it! Great review :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Benefit packaging, it's always so pretty. I've never tried a tint from them before but the colour looks pretty.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is literally the cutest thing ever x

      Delete
  26. Looks amazing! ♥
    http://amourtera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow what an awesome product, I'm been very interested by multi purpose product a as of late- now I just have to decide if I'm a pink sort of person.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really want this! I love the way you have photographed it! Looks amazing :D I have followed you on bloglovin' now, I always thought I was but I just checked and I am now :) xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am still getting through those sweets!! Thank you :)

      Delete
  29. Hi!
    I just followed you. Can you please follow me back?
    P.S. SUCH a great post!
    ily
    Sasha
    http://beauty-by-sasha.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this post, your blog is great :)

    Christina | Passion Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your reviews, I have never used a tint but maybe I should this summer.
    -Ru
    Glitter And Blush
    [If you would like to show support by following each other, let me know? :)]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super summery! And of course :)

      Delete
  32. I haven't tried this but I love the sound of it :) I had Benetint before and if it lasts as long as that then I'd be happy. I love the packaging too, it's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its just an amazing all round product x

      Delete
  33. i love these photos, they are so bright and fun :) ive tried benefit lipgloss before, loved it!

    hope we can follow each other :D
    __________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    If you’d like, I’ll follow you back :) Bloggers should support each other x

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm totally in love with this lip tint, it's fab! Great review dear, keep on posting ;) a big hug!
    Isotta
    Red Velvet | Bloglovin' | Instagram | Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a gorgeous color! I've tried mango tint and posie tint and while you have to work quickly with them, the look they gave always made it worth it! :) Definitely going to splurge on this one day!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, its so much better than all the other tints x

      Delete
  36. I found this review really useful! I've been wanting this product since forever! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig