Saturday, 1 March 2014

Follow Me Around: London Fashion Weekend 2014


Hello everyone, today I thought I would do a very exciting post talking about my day at the London Fashion Weekend! Whilst I was away in Berlin, my aunt surprised my cousin and I with tickets to go on the Friday which I was oh so excited about. We did a bit of browsing, shopping and of course lots of selfies! Due to bad organisation on my part, I didn't take my large Nikon camera and instead took an old Samsung one so the photos aren't so good but I hope you still like them and see how lovely of a day it was.



This is us outside the Isabella Blow exhibition called Isabella Blow: Fashion Galore! which is there to celebrate the art and fashion of her life. Please excuse my outfit, this was a choice after a 21 hour bus journey from Berlin.


The most favourite part of my day was going to this beauty talk with Elle UK's beauty director Sophie Beresiner. I found her so inspiring, she did not study anything particular to get into this industry (she has a philosophy degree) yet her passion for all things beauty and fashion got her to the top. She was also so kind and sweet to as my cousin and I spoke to her afterwards to ask questions which she happily replied to. So this beauty talk was about the upcoming trends of 2014 which I found so so interesting.



The first upcoming trend shown on the runways was eyeliner or 'one liner' which for me is impossible to do. I loved the Roksanda Ilincic graphic eyes on the runaway, they looked very striking and retro.



Another trend is the bold lip which I am loving so so much. As one of my new years resolutions was to be more confident with colour, I am really thrilled that this is a new trend coming up. I loved Prabal Gurung's focus on bright and fun yet matte lipstick that was paired perfectly with minimal makeup making more of a statement on the runway. If you watched the Brits, you would have seen Jessie J wearing a lilac lip too.



With this trend, I am so so happy I have recently purchased the Naked 3 Palette as I can create so many shimmery and metallic looks.


I love the Erdem and Haider Ackermann looks here.



Candy Colour eyes is a major trend which is upcoming therefore I am searching for the perfect pastel palette so please if you do know a really good (and affordable one) then comment below!


Everyone knows about this trend, I have loved watching on YouTube the 'no makeup makeup tutorials' and 'natural makeup tutorials' which I also posted about. It is just extremely ironic and funny that we have to put more makeup on to look like we have none but it does look really good.



I have always been one to go over the top with my mascara so I was pleased when Sophie spoke about the spider lash trend. This is basically a dramatic and spiky eyelash look which you can achieve by literally piling on loads of mascara and prep them with a primer before.



I have extremely untidy and messy eyebrows so this trend is perfect for me. Of course the goddess herself Cara started this trend and don't really think it's ever going to end. For me, your eyebrows can make or break your overall makeup.

I love this look because it is just so simple but yet looks amazing! I love the Nina Ricci ponytail, I just need my hair to grow!


I can't even plait my hair either!! This looks amazing!!


I like this trend but I don't think I would ever do it as I always have a friend telling me if I have hair stuck under my coat or scarf so imagine if this was on purpose!



Love love love love!! It looks so chic and really working lady like, would totally style my hair like this if I was a fancy businesswoman.


This is a sort of classic retro look which I love, it can never get old.



I really love this slick back look but I think I would look pretty silly with it (I couldn't pull it off) It looks like a really cool beach look which I may try out when I next go on holiday! 


I always forget about putting accessories in my hair and this reminded me, I have thousands of hairbands which i never put on.







This was the Maybelline area at the event. I have never seen so many Baby Lips in my life, it was so so beautiful. There was even a wall which you could scratch and smell which was delicious! They also were selling gift sets of the Baby Lips with pastel nail varnishes for £10 which is pretty cheap. They also had the new foundation there called Better Skin which I cheekily got a sample of somehow (who knows!) and there was a photobooth which me and my cousin enjoyed a bit too much.










Textile Federation was my favourite clothing brand which I had discovered there. The clothes are really unique yet affordable at the same time. I adore the prints. 


Having a drink at our little break, we were knackered after walking around for hours but there is not stopping us when shoes and jewellery are involved.












These were my favourite jewellery stands, I am obsessed with jewellery so I was just fangirling over it all.







I bizarrely loved this brand too of luxurious beach wear, I can't refuse a makeup/beauty printed piece of clothing.








This was by far my favourite stand out of them all. It all looks so vintage!








This was also a very cool and quirky stand which I loved.

I hope you liked these little snaps of my day up London Fashion Weekend. I had so so much fun! Hopefully I will take more pictures next time, I was just so fascinated by it all! I have also been invited to Bloggers Fashion Week and would love to know if anyone else is going! Comment below your favourite stand or what you would love to have there, for me its a Topshop stand! And also, what trend are you looking forward to this year? I love the pastel lip!

Taylor x
                                                    https://www.bloglovin.com/whattaylorbuys

SHARE:

46 comments

  1. Great post dear!
    Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much, really made my day haha!

      Delete
  2. It looks like you had an amazing time! + I would love to go one year :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so so good, we were lucky to get tickets :) x

      Delete
  3. Great post, loved all your pics! :) i wish i could have gone!

    if you ever have a few minutes, could you maybe check out my blog please?
    http://xprincessjas.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was amazing! Literally, another world!
      And yeah of course :)

      Delete
  4. Love the items by Textile Federation, I love bold, bright prints. looks like you had lots of fun.

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to go to fashion week and this looks perfect! I love the baby lips scratch and sniff board, it's such a good idea!
    Jess from http://theadorabledork.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the coolest place ever, I felt so under dressed though hahaha!

      Delete
    2. Haha, I think unless you were able to afford all of the designer clothes you would somewhere like that! At least you had fun though! xx

      Delete
  6. hay :) thanks for stopping by my blog, I love your blog too! Just follow you on GFC, hope you can follow me back <3 keep in touch! xx Peach

    http://momomoworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, love your blog and yeah of course!

      Delete
  7. Lovely post, hope you had a great time! :) x

    The Beauty Scrapbook | Urban Decay giveaway under way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like such a great time! :)
    Unfortunately I couldn't get to LFW this time with so much uni work! :(

    floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame, it was really good x

      Delete
  9. How cool! Looks like you had an amazing time, everything looks so exciting! ♥

    http://amourtera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so cool to see other bloggers and designers :)

      Delete
  10. looks like you had a great time :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heya Taylor! I've tagged you in a TMI Tag on my blog! Absolutely love your blog, its flawless!

    abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Abi! Thank you so so much, will check it out :) xx

      Delete
  12. Wow, you look so great! I admire you both. That seems to be a funny day. Cool post, cool blog. xx

    Comme une giroflée

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing pictures! xx

    ~~
    itsnatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great! I don't know why I always miss events like this.

    http://www.snowwhiteinwonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to always worry about going to these sorts of events but I loved it!

      Delete
  15. Great post hun:)
    I really love your blog!
    Maybe we could follow each other on bloglovin?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks interesting and like a lot of fun!
    xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really great post and love your pics! We managed to go to LFW too and it was so amazing! :)
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And ah that's great, hope you had fun!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig