Friday, 7 March 2014

Current Favourites || From January to March 2014


Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a great start to March.. I can't believe its March already! Now today, I thought I would do my current favourites. I wouldn't really say they are monthly favourites as I have been using them all during different months so I thought I would just round them up. Let's get started!


The first thing I have decided to talk about is the Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Peach Glow. I just dust some powder on top of the foundation and concealer just to set it and to make myself less shiny in oily areas of my face. Its only £3.99 but is amazing! It's just so light and can really control any shine but is also long lasting.


My skin saviour product recently has been the Loreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Micellar Solution. Micellar water has been such a hype in the blogging world so I couldn't resist and I am really glad I didn't! Putting this on is pretty straightforward, I just pour it onto a cotton pad and massage it onto my face. The solution dissolves all your makeup as I only ever use one cotton pad and it is not even harsh on the skin as it leaves the skin feeling really soft. It also cleanses your face whilst taking your makeup off which I was really impressed with. You can get it from your local drugstore or supermarket for like £5 which is amazing compared to the Bioderma solution.


Another skin saviour is the Clinique's Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. I picked this up from a beauty department store in Berlin so I am not 100% sure on the price but it was worth every single penny! I do what the instructions say and massage the balm onto my dry skin with my fingers and then wash it off with a muslin cloth. You would think that the balm would be really lumpy on the face but it immediately dissolves into a silky oil and melts off any excess makeup immediately. It also leaves the skin feeling so so smooth and nourished which is perfect for sensitive skin as there are no fragrances. 

Shocker product has got to be the Along Came Betty Eye Lifting Cream which is from Tescos! I brought this only a couple of days ago and it has honestly helped so much with my dark circles I get from such late nights. It was £2 which is so so cheap, I am very impressed.


The Body Shop body butters have been amazing for me, my two favourites are the Passionfruit and Papaya which smell divine. It has such a thick consistency which is the perfect moisturiser texture for the winter, it really helped with my dry skin on my arms that I had leaving them hydrated and smooth. It's super rich and creamy which is amazing for the price. 

I love the Lee Stafford Leave In Treatment as it has really helped grow my hair quicker whilst really nourishing it and giving it volume. It contains follicle fuel which increases root productivity. I put this in my hair after I have showered and just massage it into my hair, I then leave it to air-dry.


My favourite lipsticks have been MAC's Saint Germain, Rimmel's Moisture Renew in Midnight Plum and the MUA Luxe Lip Lacquer in Criminal. They are in such terrible condition as I have been chucking them in my bag everywhere!


My holy grail makeup brush and all time favourite is of course the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. It's a flat topped kabuki style brush which blends liquid foundation perfectly to create a flawless look with minimal effort in such quick time. As the brush is so dense it provides good coverage which means less foundation needs to be used. Using circular motion to apply the foundation really works the product into your face.

My favourite and all time fragrances are the Britney Spears ones. I have been using them for years and I just love the smell so much. These are the Fantasy and Curious.


For concealer, I have loved the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection which has got to be my favourite. Due to its thick consistency and creamy, opaque formula it is perfect for covering blemishes and redness as well as the dark circles under the eyes. It glides onto the skin beautifully, and is so easy to blend in which lasts for ages. 

Benefits Lollitint has been amazing to me and I am so excited to do a massive long post on it in a few weeks! Therefore I do not want to give anything away about the product, you'll just have to wait!

Of course my Naked 3 is there. It's so so beautiful and you can see the review here!


The Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo's have been such a massive hit in the blogging world and for me too! I have two of them as they are always sold out, they are the Eternal Gold and Permanent Taupe shades. They are like cream gel shadows which stay on for a lifetime. The colours are beautiful and are amazingly opaque.


Another eyeshadow product is the MUA palette that I got from Ellie (Make Up And Other Junk) after our beauty box swap which you can read here!

A surprising product for me is the Alberto Balsam Shampoo & Conditioner which I just adore. So many Uni students rave about these as they are amazingly cheap and for the price are great quality. They are £1 each so its such a bargain! As soon as you flip the lid open you can smell it immediately and the smell remains on your hair too. My hair feels a lot more healthy and lively not that I use this, it gives a real natural shine too.


I have loved the Benefit's Hoola Bronzer recently. The thing I love the most about this product is the fact that it's more of a brown tone than an orange tone. It is also really matte which makes it look extremely natural yet so pigmented with a summery sun-kissed look that is long lasting. It also comes with a brush and the bronzer is perfect for carrying around in your handbag.

I hope this wasn't too long and boring for you all but I thought I'd show you my favourite products I have right now. What are your favourite products? I would love to try even more stuff. Comment below!

Taylor x
    https://www.bloglovin.com/whattaylorbuys
SHARE:

60 comments

  1. hey! love your blog :) would you like to follow for a follow? just let me know on my blog heleenakk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Britney Perfume, have you seen the Fantasy one you can mix?? It's proper nice!! Alberto Balsam is also a winner too if you're having a bit of a skint month, I love the green apple one but it's not good for my colour lol. Great blog! :) Will have to follow on BL. xx (PS Thanks for the lovely comment on my MUA trio post)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but I really want to try it!! Yeah, I've heard they're not too good with colour treatment unfortunately! Thank you so so much xx

      Delete
  3. These are all really gorgeous! I love my stay matte powder too - it's amazing how much of a difference it makes to my make up! I've been looking at the MUA lacquers too, they look really good quality for their price.
    I'm definitely going to look out for that shampoo and conditioner for next year when I'm at uni!
    Can't wait to read the lollitint post!
    Jess at http://theadorabledork.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love how you don't look powdery after applying it! You need to find an MUA lacquer, they are amazing :)

      Delete
  4. I've heard such great things about the Stay Matte powder- I must try it! Ohh, and I'll have to keep my eye out (no pun intended) for the eye cream the next time I'm in Tescos! x

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really impressive! Hahaha, they are ending the line now in Tescos so it is all on sale so I would go grab it whilst its cheap!! x

      Delete
  5. The Clinique Cleansing Balm sounds really nice I'll have to buy it after I finish my current one

    kissmesunday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really really nice, worth the price :)

      Delete
  6. great choices! I still need to try the hoola bronzer so badly! x
    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to hear about LolliTint! ♥
    http://amourtera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I am so so excited Kelly!!! <3

      Delete
  8. ah i share so many of the same favourites of you!
    real techniques brushes are just amazing for the price
    i so so so want to try lollitint! x

    Daisy Gin x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never looked at any other brushes since! And it is the most beautiful colour ever :) x

      Delete
  9. RT's Buffing Brush is my holy grail brush too! I tried the L'Oreal Micellar Solution and unfortunately I seemed to be in the minority that hated it, simply because it broke my skin out! xx

    http://adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame, maybe it only works for certain skin types.. Have you tried Bioderma's one? xx

      Delete
  10. I love HOOLA and Brit's perfume, especially midnight fantasy <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!! Britney Spears perfume is literally all I ever wear! x

      Delete
  11. I also use Rimmel's Stay Matte and my RT buffing brush every day, I love them! The passion fruit body butter is one of my favourite Body Shop scents too. Great post Taylor!

    Michaela-Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All just amazing products really! Thank you :)

      Delete
  12. I love the scent of that Papaya Body Butter ! Just amazing !

    Oh ! I really need that Naked 3, that's going to be my next purchase !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And woooooo, its my favourite thing ever!

      Delete
  13. Aw I'm so glad you love the mua palette - the colours are so pretty I wish I would have got one for myself x

    Love el xx

    makeupandotherjunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so so much, maybe for our next beauty box swap haha! x

      Delete
  14. I love the buffing brush too! I also love your header, so simple and cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love a lot of these products too! I just got Benefit's Lollitint, can't wait to try it out :)

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah, aren't they amazing! I love it, tell me what you think of it too :)

      Delete
  16. We have similar tastes in beauty products! I love the Britney fragrances and St. Germain looks so pretty. I'd also like to try the Naked3 palette :) Don't forget to grab entries in my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice to hear, we should compare products some time haha!

      Delete
  17. I love the MUA palette and the lipstick there gorge !

    ellabellascrapbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love so many of your favourites, especially that MUA Lip Lacquer and MAC St. Germain! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such pretty colours, I love pink at the moment :) xx

      Delete
  19. I love literally all of those things!!
    gottaa love Real Techniques and body butter xx

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love bodyshop body butters so much! I've been using the peach one lately and it smells fab!

    xo
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  21. you have so many great products in your fav. I love the bronzer :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. soo many lovely products!

    I wanna get my hands on the buffing brush :)


    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. So many exciting buys here! Love finding new things to try :-)

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay! I'm glad I've inspired you to buy some new bits :)

      Delete
  24. I love all these items and have some of them myself so couldn't agree more with why they're in your long time favourites :D would really love to try Benefit's bronzer, I've been on the look-out for a good one and the shade of that one looks amazing :) can't wait to try my BodyShop moisturisers as well now, they all smell amazing :D love this post <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/marieljanina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's great! Oooo you will have to do a review on the bronzer!!

      Delete
  25. wonderful post! I really like your blog and product reviews, that's why I follow you now :)
    Maybe you’d like to follow me too? 
    Kisses, Alina

    Project Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and yes of course!!

      Delete
  26. love!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the Loreal micellar water! I think it's great and so affordable! Lovely post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really lovely post! I enjoyed reading it. I love Hoola as well! Just hit pan on mine but I definitely plan on buying another one! Love it!

    Btw I'm a new follow and I'm really loving your blog!

    xxkelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much kelly! Mine is new but I am on my way to hitting the pan haha! Do you have a blog?? x

      Delete
  29. really want to try the Benefit hoola bronzer! great picks :)

    christelpaola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a lovely collection, I want to have those body butters!!

    恵美より ♥
    emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig