Saturday, 8 February 2014

Product Review: Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette || Favourites Swatches


Hello everyone! I hope you all having a great start to February! I don't mean to sound old but isn't time going much faster now? Anyway, today I thought I would just sit down and do a product review as I haven't done one in so long. And I'm pretty apprehensive to write this because I have just completely forgotten the structure or technique of this post so please bare with me if it's all just being chucked around! So yes, I have given into the hype and spent £37 on the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette which my mother was not pleased about! Another funny thing is that my window cleaner caught me taking pictures of the palette and gave me a very awkward stare....



I ordered mine from Debenhams with a few other goodies (which I shall be reviewing in a couple of weeks) I really recommend you buy from Debenhams as its super quick and there are currently loads of beauty discounts going on so I would head onto their website! I was pretty nervous about the palette purely because of the fact that they are all rose toned neutrals which is really different to the other two Naked palettes but I really like it, and here's why....





It comes with 12 new and full sized eyeshadows, a dual-ended eye brush (with soft and shred-free bristles woo!), a large mirror and four sachets of various Urban Decay primer potions. 




I would show the inside of the primer potions but I am slightly worried they might dry out and I am not going out this weekend so I don't want to risk it. 

The palette is beautiful both inside and out, it is the same metal casing as the Naked 2 palette but with a rose colour embossed with "Naked3" and has a wavy sort indent over the top. I really like the packaging because it kind of reflects and shows the colours in the palette and gives an elegant and feminine feel.




You obviously cannot deny how beautiful the colours in this palette are. The shadows are highly pigmented, soft, blendable and easy to use with a buttery consistency. The palette ranges from soft rose gold nudes, beige, browns, taupes and even dark plum colours. There isn't one shade I dislike and I am really looking forward to experimenting different looks with this palette. 


My favourites are Burnout, Nooner, Liar and Mugshot. Burnout is a light pinky-peach satin colour with a pearly finish, it's really metallic but has no over the top shimmer with a beautiful texture. Nooner is a matte shadow in the palette, the colour is a medium pink brown with some strong purple undertones which blends out amazingly for the crease. Liar is a metallic bronze shade with the same texture as Burnout but more pigmented, it gives a very frosted finish which I would just apply all over the lid. Mugshot is also a bronze metallic with a silky and soft texture which looks fabulous. Although not one of my top favourites, Strange is a great colour too because it works well as a highlighter and for the inner corner of your eye. I would definitely recommend this palette if you already have the other two as I believe it is completely different and is a unique addition. I also wear neutral eyeshadow on a daily basis so this is the perfect product.


As you can tell, I am really happy with my purchase! But I want to ask you your thoughts on the palette... Have you been absorbed into the hype? Do you prefer the other two Naked palettes? Comment below! 

Taylor x
https://www.bloglovin.com/whattaylorbuys
SHARE:

62 comments

  1. I bought this a while ago and didn't touch it until last night because I wasn't sure how the rose tones would look. But I created a smokey eye with it and I can't see myself using any other eye shadows for a while now I loved it so much!
    I think you just have to experiment with it to see what works for you :)

    http://ohruby.blogspot.co.uk/

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I think with the other 2 palettes you can picture straight away what kind of look you want to go for x

      Delete
  2. The colours in this palette are absolutely beautiful, very different from the previous palettes and I love it x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colours are absolutely beautiful. I have never tried anything from the Urban Decay range, but this post has persuaded me to purchase this palette!

    Jess x

    jessiemckenzie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay!! I love this palette so so much, honestly if you're going to use it everyday then its worth every penny :) Hopefully I will post some looks you can do with this palette too!

      Delete
  4. the naked 3 looks like it is the best naked palette! the brushes look amazing too :)

    check out my blog?
    http://georgiaanicolaou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course haha! I know, I was pleasantly surprised :)

      Delete
  5. Urban Decay really hit the nail on the head with the Naked 3 palette- all the shades are awesome, there's not one I wouldn't wear!

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am so so impressed. I was worried that it might not live up to expectations as the other two were amazing!

      Delete
  6. Love this post, I've heard so many great things about this palette <3
    http://kkkiranxoxo.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is worth all of the blogger hype! <3

      Delete
  7. I love pink eyeshadows so out of all three UD Naked palettes this is the most tempting for me! x
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. love everything! great photos :D

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The eyeshadow are so gorgeous ! It's on my wishlist !

    Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't got this palette! I will have to try get my hands on it sometime this week! x
    myloveforxx.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me ages to get too, purely because of saving money and because it was sold out everywhere! And ah thats cool, you should do a review also, I'd love to read it! x

      Delete
  11. Got this palette and I love it more than anything.. it's soooo gorgeous! Furthermore, it suits even the palest complexion (such as mine) and the effect is great. I totally agree with you, there isn't a shade I dislike! Love them all :) have a great day!
    Red Velvet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what is so great about it, you can create a really nice neutral look for pale complexions and dark, metallic looks for people with darker skin!

      Delete
  12. I have wanted to try the NAKED pallets for a lifetime but haven't got it yet, lucky you! :-)

    http://simoneeart.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, they are so so good! And yes I am very lucky, took me ages to save up for this beauty :)

      Delete
  13. Def my favorite Naked palette thus far! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I hope you enjoyed reading it!

      Delete
  14. Oh wow! This palette is soooo gorgeous! I love the packaging and the colors :) You have a really nice blog!<3 Do you want to follow each other on Google+? Just inform me if you followed already so I can follow you back :)

    Would really appreciate it if you drop by my blog: LABELS AND LATTES

    xo,
    Rina <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! And yeah of course, speak soon x

      Delete
  15. You took great photos of the Naked palette :) I'm following your blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful!

    http://amourtera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want this but I'm trying so hard to resist! I know I have far too much make up and the way I store my palettes means I very rarely reach for them (really need to sort that!) but this is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same, I thought it would be a waste of money but I love it so so much!

      Delete
  18. I just got mine and I am so excited to use it! :)

    www.plumpcheeks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do a review and email me the link, would love to read it :)

      Delete
  19. I've been contemplating about whether to buy the Naked 3 palette and I think you may have just persuaded me :)

    www.doe-eyedgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice post!, You want us to follow? Please let me know in the blog. Kisses.
    http://prettytendency.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have been seriously debating buying this. I have the original and I'm obsessed, but they cost so dang much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so so different to the original though!! Hahaha

      Delete
  22. the palette looks so versatile :) great photos !

    xoxo hobovogue ღ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so so amazing for loads of different looks :)

      Delete
  23. Gorgeous palette, I recently ordered one from Beauty Bay after trying to hold off for several weeks, now need to just patiently wait for it to arrive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are so so excited, it is beautiful!

      Delete
  24. Naked 3 is an amazing palette :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. adorable colors and gorgeous palette! Love your photos :)
    Thank you so much for following me by the way, I followed back! Keep in touch love!

    Kisses, Lory xx

    http://nomoneyforhighfashion.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh so pretty! this will for sure be the year of rose gold shades
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a pretty palette, I need it!


    http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. I want this palette so badly! Just need to wait till payday.. :P xx

    missmorganxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ah I love my naked 3 so much! I wonder what I used before it sometimes! Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. love this review, I still need to get my hands on one of this and all the other Naked palettes for that matter, need it in my life, the colours and lasting hour is just amazing <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/marieljanina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig