Friday, 21 February 2014

Product Review: The Fragrance Shop Discovery Club Box || 5th Edition


I love trying new perfumes and fragrances so when I was sent this Discovery Box in the week, after speaking to Steph from Sparkle PR (who was lovely by the way), I was extremely excited to try them all out! The Discovery Box is exactly like a Glossybox or Birchbox subscription but you get new perfume samples which I find really cool and unique. However, this is a quarterly subscription service (every 3 months) and just for £5 you can get 6 female and 3 male samples that you can cancel anytime you want!

The packaging is very luxurious and elegant with navy and sliver tissue paper in a navy box. It's so cute and small also so the bundle of samples just keep coming and coming! In a usual box there are only 5 but this time they have added a few extras which makes it a whole lot more exciting. 



Placed at the top are vouchers which gives you £5 off each fragrance featured in the box when brought from The Fragrance Shop which comes to £45 worth of vouchers that is valid until the 28th February so you better get ordering haha! Unfortunately, I have been away so I haven't had the oppountiy to order anything as I was thinking of getting something for a friend but this would be perfect for if you had friends who had birthdays all at the same time.


They're not even unknown or what you may consider "cheap" brands which did shock me. They are all well known and bestseller fragrances which I am so excited to try out! There are some men ones which I will give to one of my best friends (who is a boy obviously) and I think that it is a kind of cute idea for a present as part of a present or just as a random present or treat which is what I will be doing.



Hugo Boss, Hugo Man
 'Fresh, sharp and extremely masculine, HUGO is about living life on your own terms with a certain irreverence. It is created not for those who go with the trend of the moment, but for those who seek a style of their own. The chunky glass bottled is topped off with a masculine metal topper, capturing a fresh, lively scent.'
Hugo Boss, Boss Bottled
 'A true male iconic fragrance that remains as popular now as its launch in 1994. The juice is fresh and sharp with a warm woody base whilst the bottle offers a sleek, uncomplicated but very masculine look.'
Issey Miyake, L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme
 'Since 1994, L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme has become a hallmark of sophistication in the world of fragrances. It awakens the senses with its blend of citrus, precious woods and spices. The pure, energising scent is perfect for a modern, independent man.'



Thierry Mugler, Alien
 'Distinctive and mysterious, yet comforting and soft. The EDT conveys passion, sensuality and the essence of absolute femininity with a rich floral woody with a magical trail for a fragrance that is truly out of this world.'
Nina Ricci, Nina
 'A magical scent captured inside a glass apple. Nina offers charm and enchantment with a dash of seduction in what is a fresh floral fruity fragrance.'
Jean Paul Gaultier ''Classique''
'Launched in 1993, Classique has become a true icon in the fragrance world. The supremely seductive oriental floral fragrance pays homage to the beauty of women with its corset inspired design. A sweet and bold EDT.'


Givenchy, Very Irr├ęsistible
'A very dynamic sensual fragrance possessing the elegant floral top notes of rose and the exotic daring combination of peony and rose fantasia. A very appealing feminine scent by Givenchy.'
Thierry Mugler, Angel
'Angel, the first fragrance by Thierry Mugler, is a voluptuous oriental gourmand with a truly beautiful bottle resembling dazzling stars cut from a night blue sky.'
Gucci, Gucci Guilty
 'Gucci takes as a catalyst its iconic entwined G’s and brings us a heroine who regards this emblem as an incitement to subvert. For this most contemporary of rebels, Gucci is the brand of sex and power. In Gucci Guilty, this woman discovers the very scent of defiance.'



My favourites are the Nina by Nina Ricci which is a beautiful fruity scent of sweet apples and lemons, Gucci Guilty which is a sexy and deep floral and then Thierry Mugler Alien which is a musk yet citrus aroma that is so light to wear.

I hope you enjoyed this little review and sneak peek! I was lucky enough to go around London 
Fashion Week today so I will show you some pictures of that and Berlin maybe next week. Comment below, which fragrance is your favourite or what fragrance you'd want in this box! You can subscribe for a box by clicking here!

Taylor x
https://www.bloglovin.com/whattaylorbuys
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. now this is a box i'd love to try :)

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just something really different and cool to try out :)
      I mean for 5 pounds you cant go wrong!

      Delete
  2. This looks so great. I love different perfumes! Such a nice selection here. :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good box, I love getting perfume samples so this would be perfect for me x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also just saves all the trouble of buying something you don't like in the shop and trying it out instead x

      Delete
  4. Hay! Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by<3 I really love your blog xx I just followed you on GFC, hope you can follow me back ;) xx Peach

    http://momomoworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww what a good idea!
    I wish you could pick either a female or male box aswell x

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that is a really good idea actually x

      Delete
  6. Your blog is lovely, I follow You now, hope You follow me back
    http://shopaholicbyilda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice perfumes :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. love your blog

    Will you like to follow each other?
    New Post Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh what a great box, sounds like such a bargain!
    Love your blog, want to follow each other? :)

    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red34\green34\blue34;\red255\green255\blue255;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

    \f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 I have Gucci guilty and alien I would defiantly recommend you to get it I love it \
    www.stylehercloset.blogspot.co.uk\
    Follow x }

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have so many perfume samples so this wouldn't be for me but still it looks really fun! :)

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe when you run out you could try it out :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig