Wednesday, 12 February 2014

My Travelling Essentials and Makeup Bag || A Trip To Berlin


Hello! Or should I say Guten Tag! I am off to Berlin in a few days wooooo! I am super excited as I am going with my pals so it's going to be lots of fun. I have to spend a 16 hour journey there and back by bus which means I will be packing lots and lots of food and skincare essentials for the rough trip! Most of my family and friends know that I really do like to over pack and ensure I have everything for any sort of scenario. (I have an emergency bag in my school bag) So I thought this post would be really interesting for those who don't pack enough or know what to pack for trips or for those like me who are obsessed just to relate to and suggest some more things to pack! I'm going to show my travel makeup bag as well as just the odd travel essentials so please sit back and enjoy reading!

So as I am going to be travelling for a long time there I will be extremely bored, therefore I thought I would take some fashion magazines to entertain myself. Cosmopolitan is just really cool fashion and beauty but there's an interview with Zac Efron is this magazine which I am dying to read! Look is another fashion magazine with a bit more gossip such as Beyonce's diet and Sarah Jessica Parker's shoe range etc. Company is probably my favourite magazine as it just look so cool and stylish, it's packed with tips and must haves.


Crisps are of course a must have, to be honest, I have really finished looking for snacks as on my way to Berlin we will stop for more snacks yay!! Pringles and Doritos are my fave so of course they had to be packed.


More treats!! I love chocolate so so much, its probably why I have such bad skin. I didn't want to pack too much chocolate in case it melted so I just brought all the stuff that I am guaranteed to stuff my face with during the bus journey. Skittles are my favourite (I only like the red, green and purple though, that's not too weird right?) and I love Raspberry Bon Bons and Bubblegum Bottles.


Drinks are another thing which will probably be brought out there by just incase I am going to pack some waters but for the journey take a Diet Coke and a Vitamin Water in Dragonfruit. I can't begin to explain my love for Vitamin Water as we would be here for ages but it's just so heavenly and sweet. 


It was so so hard to limit this to take away. I always lose my bobby pins so I am going to take a little jar for them as well as a hair band for night time. I am taking my favourite Tangle Teezer, a backcomb brush and paddle brush which are just amazing to brush my hair with and are so easy to use. I'm currently trying to grow my hair out so I have been using a Leave In Treatment by Lee Stafford which I am going to take to obviously carry it on and see if there are any improvements. I'm taking the John Frieda Frizz Ease Hair Serum as I might just air dry my hair and I don't want it to go all frizzy so I will just apply this. In addition, I'm taking dry shampoo which is crucial for a holiday and a 16 hour journey. Hairspray and spray mousse are also essential for me to style my hair. I am also taking a heat protect spray with a mini hairdryer which I forgot to take a picture of. I'm sorry!


This is the skin and lip care essentials. Of course, there are Lush products. I love the Tea Tree Toner Water but an all time favourite Bubblegum Lip Scrub is there also. I have been loving recently Body Shop's Body Butter in Passionfruit, it seems so nice I literally just want to eat it. My holy grail exfoliate/scrub the Neutrogena Spot Stress Control Scrub. For makeup remover I will be using the Loreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution which is new and I am very excited to try out. We also have some Christmas presents such as the Simple Night Cream and the Loreal Tripe Active Day moisturisers which are perfect as Berlin is going to be cold. My most favourite purchase ever is the Vaseline Spray & Go which is just so handy and easy to use, making you smell like cocoa butter, yum!


I am a big lover of heavy and gold chains that's why I have chosen to take these very heavy but beautiful statement necklaces. I am always wearing rings so of course they are coming with me! I am taking a variety of midi-rings, knuckledusters and statements rings. I'm only taking one set of earrings and they are studs as it will most likely be windy so I am taking no risks! I have also chosen to take one bracelet and its this cool "Love" one from Matalan I think?


Everybody has them, everybody needs them. Mints and chewing gums!! 


This is my kind of "Emergency First Aid" kit thing. It has plasters, paracetamol, bite & sting relief cream, allergy tablets (may become allergic to something, you never know) and antiseptic cream. Not to sure if I will even use any of this but its better to be safe than sorry!


These are some of the toiletries, not all that. Just some deodorants (both spray and roll on) shampoo & conditioner, body wash, wipes, cotton wool pads, toothpaste, toothbrush etc. 


 I am only taking mini perfumes and body sprays because my larger ones are realllllly expensive! I have chosen to take some Christmas present ones which are from River Island called Chic (a spray) and Paris (a roll on) Of course, the well beloved Soap and Glory Body Spray had to be packed! This is the flirty and floral one which I adore!


And finally, my makeup bag travel edition! Well it's not that different really and has been limited down poorly. I need it all. This is not my usual makeup bag (its a bit smaller) it's from a Rocha John Rocha For Clarins gift set. 


I thought I would talk about some new favourites of mine. Firstly, there is the Naked Basics Palette which I just adore as the shades are so perfect. The Garnier BB Cream is a fab product which I have been wearing a lot for school. There is also the Maybelline Great Lash mascara which gives great length and volume. Additionally, the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Laquer is such a blogger craze so I couldn't resist, I was so shocked about how pigmented it is and long lasting which is really impressive. These two Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo's in Eternal Gold and Permanent Taupe are so pretty, I love how easy they are to apply in a rush and they are so long lasting. 

This obviously isn't everything but I thought I would show you the beauty and fashion related stuff as well as stuff which will go in my travelling handbag. So I hope you enjoyed this post, what are you essentials for travelling? Comment below! I may have missed something out! I hope you all have a wonderful week and I hope to blog this time next week and tell you how great the trip was or maybe I will do a review on a certain Benefit product... Oooooooooo..... Bye!

Taylor x
SHARE:

80 comments

  1. Firstly, I'm SO SO jealous!!! You'll have to do a post on your trip - I've always wanted to go :D Secondly, I'm so jealous of all those nice treats (the giant chocolate buttons are the best!) finally, I love the UD basics palette -- good choice :) lovely post and have an amazing time! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah aw, Berlin is going to be lots of fun! I can eat giant chocolate buttons so so fast haha! Thank you, will do x

      Delete
  2. Have a wonderful time! I've been dying to go to Berlin for ages!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really excited, I'm going to be a proper tourist!

      Delete
  3. Going to Berlin sounds like a wonderful trip.

    I'm a big fan of Vitamin water too. Especially the triple x one.

    And you seem very well prepared for everything.

    Nice post :)

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely items. I use the same moisturiser - whoo! Also you picked some great food! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah which one?! And yeah, I am amazing at choosing food as I eat so much of it haha :)

      Delete
  5. You can't go travelling without Pringles! Some amazing essentials here, have a great time xx

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed this post. You are a chocoholic like me :-) I always take tons of magazines on my holls too. You sound super excited for your trip. Hope you have a lovely time! Take lots of photos while you’re there!! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear and yes chocolate is the best! I am really excited, I'm planning outfits as we speak! Of course I will and hopefully I may blog a few :) Thanks!! x

      Delete
  7. Love this post! I hope you have an amazing time!

    Oh and I was wondering if you'd like to follow each other via BLOGLOVIN and GFC? If so, tell me when you followed me and I'll immediately follow back!
    I'd really love to stay in touch!

    With lots of love from Zurich,
    Lory xxx

    http://nomoneyforhighfashion.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lory! And yes of course, I will head over to your blog now :) xx

      Delete
  8. I tend to overpack as well, which is very bad when you're moving to another country and can only take 23kg with you... it was a nightmare. hahaha! xx

    http://rawrbows.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! That would be my worst nightmare!! How did you possibly do that! xx

      Delete
  9. I went to Berlin last year in the Summer and it was abso AMAZING! I defo want to go back!!!
    I would take just as many sweets as you, probably more!!
    Hope you have an amazing time :-)

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, did you go to all the tourist places too? :) And of course hahaha! Thank you x

      Delete
  10. Hey beauty ,nice blog :) would you like if we follow each other on gfc and blog? let me know what do you think ? Regards from Bosnia ♥
    http://obsessionwithfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummmy love them snacks!!

    check out my valentine giveaway of handmade knickers!
    http://bit.do/emmema
    http://bit.do/fb-emmema

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its so sad that I am looking forward to eating them right!!

      Delete
  12. Great snacks, I am addicted to the Maryland Gooey cookies! I also have the passion fruit body butter, it smells amazing :)

    Michaela-Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live by the rule that you can never underpack. Haha! Overpacking is fine as you'll always have everything but missing out on something because you've underpacked sucks :(
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Most people think I am so weird for doing it!!

      Delete
  14. When I travel I can't not have magazines! And Carmex goes literally everywhere with me haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so bored easily, thats why! And same :) x

      Delete
  15. Great post and I can see how much time and effort you've put into it! I've picked up some tips and I wish you the best time in Berlin! :)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a good packing check list! I'm planning a trip home next weekend and this reminded me of a lot of things I'm going to need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am so so glad that it has helped, you should do a blog post too :)

      Delete
  17. I definitely think the naked basics palette is an essential! I couldn't live without mine now! lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a blast in Berlin! Can't skimp on the snacks - you never know when a sudden chocolate craving will hit ;) Garnier BB cream and Maybelline Color Tattoos are great choices to pack for a trip away! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I'm going to put on so much weight in 16 hours haha!! And thanks again, I'm just opting for easier and quick looks :) x

      Delete
  19. Nice post, I really love this! I'm so jealous that you get to go to Berlin, I wanted to go so bad since my history teacher organised for us to go but unfortunately I missed the deadline for payment and now I'm really upset that I can't go, it looked amazing! :( Oh well there will be more opportunities for me to go and also I'm going to New York sometime again which should be awesome! :D

    Love your blog and posts!!! Don't forget to come check out my blog, posts, pages etc. Comment or subscribe, it would mean the world to me and also located at the very bottom of my blog are links to other sites which you can also follow me on.
    Thanks,
    Laura :)xx (laurawithstyle.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah that's really annoying, I really enjoyed visiting all the historical places :) And I want to go to New York too! Of course, I will check out your blog x

      Delete
  20. Great post. I'm heading to London tomorrow for work for a few days and trying to limit what I take was just horrendous but it had to be done. Need to get myself a tangle teezer!

    Rachael x
    All The Little Things x | Rachael McClenaghan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab post doll, hope you have an amazing time! :)x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey! Love your blog!
    Have fun in berlin <3
    Would you like to follow for a follow? just follow me and i'll follow right back :)

    heleenakk.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you so so much and yes course x

      Delete
  23. oh How i miss cool pringles flavours, we don't have more than five or six flavours here. really like the MUA lip laquer, hope you have a great time in berlin!
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I love pringles so so much! MUA lip lacquers stay on for ages, they are really impressive :)

      Delete
  24. Have fun on your trip, safe travels! Bon voyage! ♥

    amourtera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly, we need to speak soon!! x

      Delete
  25. So many sweets! Wish I can eat sweets too. :D

    Would you like to follow each other? If yes, let me know.
    Here's my blog:
    iamcarmenflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow that is a fair bit of stuff, but I need to learn to be more organised when it comes to packing, I usually leave it until the last minute and forget everything haha! Hope you have a great trip :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I used to do that but it just got so stressful! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  27. Hello Dear! thank you for the comment on my blog I'm a new follower on GFC I'd love it if you followed back :)
    http://steph-g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have fun on your trip! It would be fab to see a blog post when you get back, sharing your photos from the trip? x

    P.S: I'm currently composing a list of bloggers interested in taking part in a lower budget Easter Beauty Box Swap! If you're interested you can add your name to the list by commenting on this post:
    http://realityleaveslotstoimagination.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/easter-beauty-box-swap.html

    http://realityleaveslotstoimagination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took pictures on a disposable camera so hopefully! And ooo I will take a look thanks x

      Delete
  29. Looks like you've got all the essentials covered. I'm mostly excited that I've just discovered that New Look sell my favourite sweets - the pink and blue bottles. Yum! Have the best time in Berlin!

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I couldn't find any of them in the local sweet shop so I was impressed x

      Delete
  30. Berlin is one of my favourite cities, you're going to have sooo much fun!

    Tamara's Blend

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely post (:

    http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this post! I'm always struggling to limit my packing down to a few essentials, just like you I guess! Music is always a must for me!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and so so true! My friend and I did do a little karaoke boogie throughout the journey :)

      Delete
  33. oh my gosh your jewellery is amazing! hope you had a good time in Berlin gorge!
    xx

    www.blueviolethearts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great post! Have a good time on your trip!!

    love your blog, i'm your newest follower :)

    glossedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful post :) I think you've got all of the essentials! I always carry hand sanitizer,you never know when you'll need it.

    Have a brilliant time! xx
    http://whimsicalmrsw.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hope you have a great trip! It looks like you're taking loads, but I always travel really light and sleep on most journeys haha :)
    I love the sound of the Passionfruit Body Butter!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yeah I am an over-packer so its fine x

      Delete
  37. Great picks! Loving the jewelry and Batiste is a staple of mine too :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Dry shampoo is a life saver x

      Delete
  38. Couldn't survive my trips without dry shampoo!
    Great picks, good to be prepared!
    L xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig