Saturday, 1 February 2014

Make Up Mess: Valentines Day Look



So as valentines day is coming closer, we are all preparing for what we are going to wear. Whether we are going out on a date or going out with the girls, this makeup look is perfect for anyone!




1. First, I apply a primer with my fingers. As there was a sale recently when I went shopping I thought I'd try out the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser which has had both good and bad reviews. I've only been using it for a couple of days but it has looked pretty good. The formula is very gel like which kinda freaked me out at first but it does feel very velvety smooth, surprisingly. I wouldn't recommend it for someone with oily skin as it can look slightly greasy (my cousin has tried it out too) However, it does smooth out the texture of the skin giving that 'blurred look' and makes foundation much easier to apply, essentially gliding with no streaks or patches.



2. For foundation, I use the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation in Ivory.The main reason why I have choose this foundation is because it's such a thick, silky liquid which is so easy to blend, spread and gives a really nice coverage and a natural air brush look. It doesn't have an overpowering scent either which I think is good. Like the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, it gives a really nice natural glow and is long lasting.



3. I apply my foundation with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, which I mentioned in my natural look makeup essentials as it's my favourite to apply foundation. I think it's because it's just so quick and really buffs the product into your face. It just gives you a natural full and flawless coverage look in a matter of seconds.



4. My choice of concealer is the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer. It has such a thick consistency which means it can cover redness or blemishes really well. Imagine if you had a massive large and red spot just before your date, this is what you need! It blends into the skin well and stays on for ages. I just apply this with my fingers to ensure it completely covers all blemishes.

5. I then dust some powder on top of the foundation and concealer just to set it and to make myself less shiny in oily areas of my face. I am currently loving Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Peach Glow. If you're on a date you don't want to look like you're shiny or sweaty, it's not a good look and this really really helps! It's only £3.99 so it's a proper bargain, the raves are really worth it! It's so light in texture and for me, it's not 'cakey' at all.

6. I apply this with my Real Techniques Powder Brush, I am so so in love with this brand as they have such high quality brushes. It applies powder so flawlessly and really allows the powder to be applied evenly around my face which I just adore. I don't know how but the brush just amazingly picks up the right amount of powder and it's so easy to buff on the face. The bristles are also so soft and it's so so fluffy!



7. As I don't want to be wearing too much pink, for my blush I use the Benefits Fine One One. It's a gorgeous  trio of colours, with soft coral on the left, sheer watermelon in the middle and pink champagne on the right. This product is designed to be swiped across the cheek towards the temple and then blended for an effortless glow to the skin.

8. This applied with the Real Techniques Contour Brush (once again no surprise) It's just the perfect blush brush to be honest. It's so perfect for a subtle application.

9. To fill in my eyebrows I use Sleek's Brow Kit in Dark. My eyebrows are really thick (and messy) anyway so I don't really want to go for the Jeremy Kyle look so just filling them in is fine for me. I usually apply the wax and set it with the powder to have a more pigmented look. I use the angled brush for both of these as it really helps shape the eyebrows more. 

10. For eyeshadow, I have chosen MUA's Pink Sorbet Trio Eyeshadow because firstly it is a ridiculously £2.50 but it has some really adorable and romantic pink tones giving a metallic finish. The trio contains a light pale pink, a slightly brighter pink and a darker plum pick. I use the lightest shade for my inner eye and to highlight the brow one, the brighter pink for the eyelid and the darker plum pink to shade to line and define the lash line. 

11. The eyeshadow is applied with an EcoTools Bamboo Eye Shadow Brush, I don't really have an opinion on it to be honest. I'm thinking of buying a Real Techniques eye brush set soon but if it applies the eyeshadow well then I don't complain, it just does the job. 

12. My choice of mascara is the Max Factor False Lash Effect which is one of my all time favourites. It creates an amazing false lash effect with no clumps and look extremely long! It is also really long lasting and doesn't rub off easily.


13. I choose the Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivids Lipstick in Fuschia Flash because it literally glides onto your lips so effortlessly and looks amazing! It has a beautiful sheen and creamy texture, it's very moisturising and super pigmented at the same time and is comfortable to wear. And you really need this for if you're out on a date because you don't want to be worry about your lipstick! There's even a scent to the lipsticks, as they smell kinda like vanilla. This is an amazing dupe of the MAC's Candy Yum-Yum so I am really impressed with it and would recommend it if you want a bold, bright and fun look.






14. I also put my Baby Lips balm on top in Cherry Me just create a more glossy finish, if you are someone who doesn't feel comfortable wearing a bright colour then I would only apply this instead of the lipstick. For one of my new resolutions it was to start wearing brighter colours so this just really pops out.





I hope you enjoyed reading this, I love doing these sorts of 'essentials' posts but I will get back to product reviews and hauls too! What are your essentials for valentines day? Comment below! Thanks for reading.

Taylor x
SHARE:

56 comments

  1. I NEED that primer. Everything looks amazing though, great choices! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been treating me well haha! Thank you x

      Delete
  2. I loved this! I've been looking for a new 'drugstore' foundation so this was perfect! I really want to try it now!

    Love Ellie :)
    makeupandotherjunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ellie! I've been loving the mua palette you got for me with this look too!

      Delete
  3. I've tried the primer at absolutely love it! It's such an amazing dupe for Benefit's POREfessional! Great post! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes it's a different sort of formula but just as good :)

      Delete
  4. I so need to try this concealer, it looks amazing! Gotta love a dupe! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fab post doll, love the swatches - everything looks so pretty! :)x

    The Belle Narrative - Enter my fabulous MAC Makeup Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post dear !! i really want to try the baby skin :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a lovely post. I know Rimmel Stay Matte is on my "forever needing" list for any makeup look I do, haha. You picked some gorgeous lipstick as well. For me Valentines day is all about simple but pretty eyes with a standard pink or red lip to finish off the look and I imagine this makeup doing that perfectly. Would have loved to see it on though.
    Hope you're having a wonderful day :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and yes that is a good point.. Might upload a picture now at the bottom of it, it's just building the confidence to do it! Hahah x

      Delete
  8. Love this lippy on you!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wanted the eyeshadow to be more subtle and the lips be bold with colour x

      Delete
  9. Great post, awesome picks! I was wondering if you think Benefits Fine One One is worth purchasing. Ive really been thinking about buying it cause it looks really nice, but im not sure if its worth the price :) Id like to know your opinion since you actually own it and use it! Nice blog, followed! xx
    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra! I love it so so much, the fact that there's a trio of shades really highlights your face as well as brightens really well whilst giving warmth to the face from the coral shade. The only fault is that it is not long lasting which is kinda annoying! (Especially for more oiler skin, as my friend told me) xx

      Delete
  10. Great picks and you look lovely, it really suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I decided to upload a picture in the end, I was so nervous about it hahah x

      Delete
  11. Tempted to try out that primer as I have really dry skiing so I don't think oiliness will be a problem for me. That lipstick really suits you, not really a colour I've ever looked at before, the brightest I tend to go is red :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then it would be perfect for you! And thank you, you should! Bright pinks look lovely on blondes xx

      Delete
  12. I love the MUA trio, definitely going to pick that up when I go shopping! Great post :) x
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the price, its an amazing product! x

      Delete
  13. Your skin looks flawless, great look
    http://kkkiranxoxo.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so shocked at the pictures as I do have really bad acne so I think its the primer which makes your skin look so much softer, they are completely unedited! x

      Delete
  14. You look great here hunny, looking flawless x

    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post!! I love reading your posts! We have a similar taste in make-up brands and styles!! Question for you.. What kind of camera do you use to take your pictures?

    Thanks Love!

    Bailey
    Callmemissbailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I know, I love reading your posts :) We are also the same age too! I use a really old camera called the Nikon D60 which I've had for years, I really love it though! It's probably really cheap now which is also good well for you! Hahaha x

      Delete
  16. Maybelline foundation is the best, I've tried loads of other brand but Maybelline is the brand for me.

    Great makeup!

    Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, I think they are my favourite brand really as most of the products I buy are from there! Thanks Emma xx

      Delete
  17. I really want to try the Baby Skin primer, will have to pick it up next time I'm shopping! Love Fine One One too, haven't used it in ages!
    Gillian · elevatormusik.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, its a great product! I know, I'm always putting it on!x

      Delete
  18. Great post! I have the same RT brushes they are great!

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. great products!you look very pretty :)

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a few of these products myself. I will definitely be using them together for this look!

    lovefrombethan.blogspot.co.uk

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'd love to know what products! And yay sounds good!

      Delete
  21. Super pretty makeup look. Have always wanted to try Benefit's One One as it looks super gorgeous! Great post love.

    Samantha x

    www.mascaraandcakes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is so so pretty on your face :) Thanks again x

      Delete
  22. You look beautiful and I'm so jealous of your Real Techniques brushes! Thanks for commenting on my blog so now I've discovered a great one to read too :) Following you now hun! xxx x

    Vicky
    Lots of Love, Me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, thats so kind of you! I use my brushes every single day so I guess it's worth it! And thanks again for such a lovely comment x

      Delete
  23. I really need to get 'The Fine One'... looks gorgeous!

    http://amourtera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its just so so beautiful, one of my favourite benefit products x

      Delete
  24. Lovely post! I am also a big fan of Maybelline’s Color Sensational Vivids. They are so nice and very inexpensive, which makes them that much better. :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And same, they are amazingly bright and pigmented for their price :)

      Delete
  25. Great post, really interesting blog! I just followed you can you follow me back , thanks!!
    www.mystyleisfreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous lip colour! I agree with your thoughts about the Real Techniques brushes - they're affordable but perform so well. I'm especially enamoured of the Buffing Brush which is also my favourite for foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The buffing brush is amazing!!

      Delete
  27. I definitely need to try out that primer one of these days!

    xxkelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig