So as valentines day is coming closer, we are all preparing for what we are going to wear. Whether we are going out on a date or going out with the girls, this makeup look is perfect for anyone!
1. First, I apply a primer with my fingers. As there was a sale recently when I went shopping I thought I'd try out the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser which has had both good and bad reviews. I've only been using it for a couple of days but it has looked pretty good. The formula is very gel like which kinda freaked me out at first but it does feel very velvety smooth, surprisingly. I wouldn't recommend it for someone with oily skin as it can look slightly greasy (my cousin has tried it out too) However, it does smooth out the texture of the skin giving that 'blurred look' and makes foundation much easier to apply, essentially gliding with no streaks or patches.
2. For foundation, I use the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation in Ivory.The main reason why I have choose this foundation is because it's such a thick, silky liquid which is so easy to blend, spread and gives a really nice coverage and a natural air brush look. It doesn't have an overpowering scent either which I think is good. Like the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, it gives a really nice natural glow and is long lasting.
3. I apply my foundation with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, which I mentioned in my natural look makeup essentials as it's my favourite to apply foundation. I think it's because it's just so quick and really buffs the product into your face. It just gives you a natural full and flawless coverage look in a matter of seconds.
4. My choice of concealer is the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer. It has such a thick consistency which means it can cover redness or blemishes really well. Imagine if you had a massive large and red spot just before your date, this is what you need! It blends into the skin well and stays on for ages. I just apply this with my fingers to ensure it completely covers all blemishes.
5. I then dust some powder on top of the foundation and concealer just to set it and to make myself less shiny in oily areas of my face. I am currently loving Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Peach Glow. If you're on a date you don't want to look like you're shiny or sweaty, it's not a good look and this really really helps! It's only £3.99 so it's a proper bargain, the raves are really worth it! It's so light in texture and for me, it's not 'cakey' at all.
6. I apply this with my Real Techniques Powder Brush, I am so so in love with this brand as they have such high quality brushes. It applies powder so flawlessly and really allows the powder to be applied evenly around my face which I just adore. I don't know how but the brush just amazingly picks up the right amount of powder and it's so easy to buff on the face. The bristles are also so soft and it's so so fluffy!
7. As I don't want to be wearing too much pink, for my blush I use the Benefits Fine One One. It's a gorgeous trio of colours, with soft coral on the left, sheer watermelon in the middle and pink champagne on the right. This product is designed to be swiped across the cheek towards the temple and then blended for an effortless glow to the skin.
8. This applied with the Real Techniques Contour Brush (once again no surprise) It's just the perfect blush brush to be honest. It's so perfect for a subtle application.
9. To fill in my eyebrows I use Sleek's Brow Kit in Dark. My eyebrows are really thick (and messy) anyway so I don't really want to go for the Jeremy Kyle look so just filling them in is fine for me. I usually apply the wax and set it with the powder to have a more pigmented look. I use the angled brush for both of these as it really helps shape the eyebrows more.
10. For eyeshadow, I have chosen MUA's Pink Sorbet Trio Eyeshadow because firstly it is a ridiculously £2.50 but it has some really adorable and romantic pink tones giving a metallic finish. The trio contains a light pale pink, a slightly brighter pink and a darker plum pick. I use the lightest shade for my inner eye and to highlight the brow one, the brighter pink for the eyelid and the darker plum pink to shade to line and define the lash line.
11. The eyeshadow is applied with an EcoTools Bamboo Eye Shadow Brush, I don't really have an opinion on it to be honest. I'm thinking of buying a Real Techniques eye brush set soon but if it applies the eyeshadow well then I don't complain, it just does the job.
12. My choice of mascara is the Max Factor False Lash Effect which is one of my all time favourites. It creates an amazing false lash effect with no clumps and look extremely long! It is also really long lasting and doesn't rub off easily.
13. I choose the Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivids Lipstick in Fuschia Flash because it literally glides onto your lips so effortlessly and looks amazing! It has a beautiful sheen and creamy texture, it's very moisturising and super pigmented at the same time and is comfortable to wear. And you really need this for if you're out on a date because you don't want to be worry about your lipstick! There's even a scent to the lipsticks, as they smell kinda like vanilla. This is an amazing dupe of the MAC's Candy Yum-Yum so I am really impressed with it and would recommend it if you want a bold, bright and fun look.
14. I also put my Baby Lips balm on top in Cherry Me just create a more glossy finish, if you are someone who doesn't feel comfortable wearing a bright colour then I would only apply this instead of the lipstick. For one of my new resolutions it was to start wearing brighter colours so this just really pops out.
I hope you enjoyed reading this, I love doing these sorts of 'essentials' posts but I will get back to product reviews and hauls too! What are your essentials for valentines day? Comment below! Thanks for reading.