Wednesday, 1 January 2014

My New Year Beauty Resolutions


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! THIS THE FIRST POST OF 2014! It's amazing how far What Taylor Buys has come since my introduction post 2 years ago. And I would like to thank anyone who is following, commented or just had a little scroll. I hope you all had an amazing new years eve/day. I spent mine with my friends having a pathering (a party gathering) which was lots of fun. Back to business! Now we're all making our New Years resolutions, hoping that it might last for even the first month. I always make the resolution that I will eat better or go to the gym but they never interest me therefore I never succeed. So today I thought I'd show you my beauty resolutions, something which appeals to me a lot more and posting it on here will make me stick to them!



Firstly, one of the resolutions is to use products up before buying even more new ones. I am a nightmare for this. I will go out and buy more beauty products when I don't need them but also when I haven't finished the ones I have originally started to use. This will ensure I save money but also form a well developed opinion on a product.

Start using a toner is definitely at the top of my list. I never had heard of a toner until last year but I didn't know what was good and what wasn't. A toner is designed to cleanse the skin and shrink the appearance of pores. If you know of any good toners then please comment below.

Furthermore, another resolution is to start wearing SPF daily. Now I know some of you might find this quite silly but you need it to protect your skins natural surface. I have also assumed that SPF would be in some of my foundations but I'm pretty sure its quite low in the majority of mine. I'm hoping to start using a moisturiser with a high SPF in during my morning skincare regime to avoid sunspots and harmful UV rays.

In relation to that, I want to start incorporating natural ingredient products into my beauty routine. I use a lot of products with extremely harsh ingredients. I definitely should not be supporting these sorts of products but I also shouldn't allow them to be on my face. Surely, it is much better to have more natural ingredients on your face!

Another resolution is that I want to start being experimental with my hair. As I have recently cut my hair into a long bob, I seem to find myself being more lazy with my hair and putting less effort in. I need to start putting my hair in a bun, or a ponytail or even braid it. Just something which is going to give me some extra fab! Haha!

With hair, I also want to start using more hair masks. When I dyed my hair from blonde to brunette I did used quite a few to ensure my hair was well conditioned. But once again I got lazy and stopped which I regret so much. I always forget the importance of a hair mask and the difference it can make. 

I am also promising that I will be more brave with make up colours and be experimental. I also go for the natural eyes and neutral lip and I'm therefore stuck in my comfort zone. I could achieve this by using different colour eye palettes, different colour eye liners and different lipstick colours. I mean I have nothing to lose if I go way too over the top. There's nothing wrong with trying something new, being adventurous and risky with your makeup is something I really want! 


I'm sorry if I rambled a lot! What are your New Year resolutions, both beauty and non-beauty related? Are you good with keeping up your resolutions? Comment below!

Taylor x

SHARE:

80 comments

  1. I'm really bad at experiment with my hair..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're not! Maybe you just need to try a variety of stuff one day at home by yourself :)

      Delete
  2. These are great beauty resolutions :) I also what to be more experimental with my hair this year.
    Happy New Year!
    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just want to look like I've put more effort in my appearance x

      Delete
  3. Great resolutions! I need to wear SPF daily too! I usually slack off in the winter months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And same, we don't ever think about it because we just associate it with the summer or going abroad!

      Delete
  4. Incorporating natural ingredients is such a good resolution. We don't think about it a lot but it's very important to not put so much harsh ingredients on our face/body… Thank you for sharing and happy new year!! xx

    misunderstoodprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thank you and happy new year to you too :) x

      Delete
  5. A really nice beginners toner is Witch hazel -shrinks and smooths out your pores and leaves your face fresh for makeup - but it's also very gentle (no alcohol) Couldn't recommend it enough actually.x

    okshannen.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, will have to try it! x

      Delete
  6. I definitely need to work on using up old products before buying new ones!
    Good luck sweetie. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love shopping! Haha, thank you x

      Delete
  7. Great resolutions!! I need to start doing some of these more too... definitely gonna invest in a good toner!

    Helen at Hels Yeah! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yeah same! Checking some toner reviews as we speak x

      Delete
  8. These sounds like goals you can achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Using a toner is also on my resolutions list! Great post dear :) Hope this year will be brilliant for you!

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Positivity

    ReplyDelete
  10. My new years resolution is to buy things I want, rather than avoiding spending my money, then going on a splurge spending more on stuff I don't need, when I could have bought the original item in the first place, if that makes sense? lol xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have such a great resolution :) my resolution is to spend less on shopping LOL . xx

    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I began wearing darker lipsticks just a few months ago for the first time and now I'm obsessed with reds ♥ so experimenting is always a good idea. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try and look safe but I will try to!

      Delete
  13. Happy new year lovely!:) And I need to do the same I always buy new products and never use up my old ones!:)x

    curlsandcometsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too! And it's such a bad habit :( x

      Delete
  14. Some good ones here - I've found writing a monthly Empties post really helps me focus on using one of a product at once haha! I also need to start using a toner, though..
    Good luck with your resolutions!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I will have to look at that post, might inspire me!

      Delete
  15. I want to use more hair masks too! xxx

    http://laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is in terrible condition! I really need it! xx

      Delete
  16. I love using more natural ingredients--it's just so much healthier and removes the possibility of any chemicals that are damaging your skin and health!
    I love hair masks too :)
    Great post! xx
    Hope you have an amazing 2014!

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ NEW YEARS INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to start doing it!!
      Happy new year to you too!
      http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  17. Great resolutions! Happy new year :D Love

    ReplyDelete
  18. great post! so many good resolutions :)

    helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also really want to be more brave with make up colours..It's a shame that I only use my neutrals, since I own so many beautiful, more colourful shades :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just got the Naked palette which I am loving so so much but I'm trying to go for some more brighter colours from Sleek palettes!

      Delete
  20. Oh my god! That looks amazing *o* I want it!

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: http://spiked-soul.blogspot.com/ :)
    Have a nice day!

    Elwira

    ReplyDelete
  21. The colours in first picture are so pretty! I need to start wearing an SPF daily

    Emma from http://www.masqueradebelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I used to use toner & actually found that it made my skin break out... it was a alot clearer after I stopped using it & just clense & moisturise but everyone is different & anything that makes pores appear smaller is a great beauty staple :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post!! Do you like following each other?
    xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such good resolutions - I definitely need to be bolder with colours & be more experimental too! xxx

    www.stylapetite.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to stop worrying about what others think really x

      Delete
  26. Hi! It was great reading your resolutions. I did a few on my blog too. I hope we could stick to our resolutions! :D

    shikimikie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, will have to check yours out! Hope so :)

      Delete
  27. You have a great resolution :) and I really like your blog. By the way thank you for checking up my blog

    http://kissmesunday.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Taylor!!! Its so nice stumbling upon your blog, OMG I am the worst at experimenting with hairstyles.. that's why it's forever in ONE state (down) but would LOVE to start doing that !! Thanks for sharing! I've just followed you via GFC, looking forward to your next post love!

    xoxo, Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | Blogging Secrets No One Told You About!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Aw thank you for the lovely comment, how sweet :) x

      Delete
  29. Wearing more sunblock is definitely a good one that we should all follow!

    ❤Tallia
    Trending In Fashion
    Dressale Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  30. Using more hair masks is also on our list! We have been experimenting with a few, but are struggling to find The One! We would love if you would write a post up once you find a good one

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice blog you have...wanna follow each other?
    please follow with GFC, just leave me a comment and I'll follow u back!
    Nameless Fashion Blog
    Nameless Fashion Blog Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  32. corine genuflect fawdon broadminded outkast fook recapitulate penetrator iwanowitsch
    jeux de online

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know what that means but thank you!!?!

      Delete
  33. Great Resolutions! :) And i love your blog! and can't wait to read more! I also followed you on GFC!

    Also I'm new to blogging and i'm trying to meet some fellow bloggers so I'd love if you had some time if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think! it'd be greatly appreciated! And maybe even follow me on bloglovin or gfc if you like and want to!

    thanks so much xoxo Randa
    http://pandaraige.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm totally with you with all these resolutions! Especially the SPF as it really does benefit you in the long hall!
    Lovely blog and thank you for the comment on my blog.
    You have a new follower :)

    Collette xxx
    shrewd-fox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! We always seem to forget it because it's not as sunny!
      Thank you so much and no problem!
      Thank you for following :)

      Delete
  35. It's crazy but I've never, ever used a hair mask. And I'm currently working my way from red to blonde so I reckon a bit of TLC would do me good :) any that you recommend?

    (I might forget to check back so a tweet to rubyxduchess would be amazing!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only ever use them once a year, it so weird! And ooo yeah it would be good!
      I would recommend stuff like Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner and John Frieda Full Repair Full Body Conditioner, not too sure about hair masks as I'm not too knowledgeable about it! I will definitely tweet you when I do come across a good one :)

      Delete
  36. I am your newest follower & I am loving the palette at the top -
    what is the name? I definitely see my favorite eye colors in there!
    Have a great new year!
    http://inmyprimetime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! I ordered it from Argos a couple of years ago just as a cheap present for someone but ended up really liking it so I got one for myself! Its called the Pretty Pink Makeup Set, heres the link for it: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4381031.htm x

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness - even providing the link!
      You are a sweetheart !!!

      Delete
    3. It's okay! And aw thank you :)

      Delete
  37. I am guilty of not using products up before buying, and also not being able to wear more colorful makeup. I need to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully this can be changed by next year :)

      Delete
  38. The simple toner is the best in my opinion! It keeps my skin looking and feeling better espicially after you have just washed your face and it can feel all tight and dry and yuck! It's really good value for money as well ( just a couple of quid i think), lasts for ages and has lots of natraul ingredients ; )
    Love your blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig