Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Make Up Mess: Natural Look


Hello everyone! I hope you've all been having a great start to 2014. I just found out my GCSE mock results which I am extremely pleased with (6A's and 4B's) so I am starting the year really really well. Not only that, but I have been chatting with a few of my favourite and new bloggers to plan future guest posts and other stuff! So it's all really exciting! I was lucky enough to collaborate with Amourtera (Kelly) and 5 other beauty bloggers last weekend to create an amazing 'Favourite Natural Makeup' post which you can check out here! It was so much fun to do and I really enjoyed writing it as well as chatting to a few of them too! I thought that today I would just show you my part of the post, as a sneak peek!





So these are all my essentials for the natural makeup, I have gone into more detail below with a list!

1.       For foundation I have chosen Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in Ivory. It is described to give an anti-fatigue effect and radiant glow which is perfect for the natural look as you want to look instantly flawless with a natural airbrush finish. The coverage is amazing (not heavy at all) and it really brightens your face and conceals any tiredness.
2.       I apply the foundation with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush as it is much quicker to apply the foundation to the face and really works the product into your face, buffing the foundation to give an effortlessly flawless finish.
3.        Then I go over the foundation with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory just to cover any redness or blemishes. It has an illuminating effect which I love because I apply the concealer under my eyes which really brightens my face.
4.       This is concealer is applied with a Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and it amazingly blends the concealer perfectly.
5.       To achieve a natural lip, I use the Natural Collection Juicy Lip Gloss in Caramel Shortcake. It is such a cheap product and gives a beautiful pinky/brown, nude colour with no shimmer which is so natural.
6.       For blush, I use the Benefit Fine One One. The first thing I love about this is the packaging, it’s a beautiful rose gold metal  case which you pull off the lid to reveal the product, you can then twist it up or down with the little dial at the bottom. There are a trio of colours, with soft coral on the left, sheer watermelon in the middle and pink champagne on the right. This product is designed to be swiped across the cheek towards the temple and then blended for an effortless glow to the skin. 
7.       I blend the blush using the Real Techniques Contour Brush. The Brush is rounded, less densely-packed brush designed to apply cream or powder formulas to the contours of the face. The tapered tips ensure contour your temples and your jaw lines perfectly and naturally.
8.       For my natural eyeshadow I use the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette which I just adore so so much. It contains 6 matte and natural looking shades and one shimmer. They are very pigmented yet soft so they are perfect for a natural smoky eye look.
9.       Lastly, for mascara. I don’t really have a preferred mascara for a natural look but I am really loving Benefit’s Bad Gal Lash. It really lengthens and curls the lashes which doesn't look too false or fake.

I hope you enjoyed reading this, I have never really done this sort of post before (showing what makeup I wear) so if you do like it then please comment below saying so! And also, tell me your essentials for the natural makeup look!

Taylor x
SHARE:

48 comments

  1. Nice list i quite liked your picks.. would try some of them surely. I love my RT buffing brush for foundation too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The RT buffing brush has really changed my foundation routine!

      Delete
  2. great picks ! i would also pick Urban decay naked basics :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love all the urban decay naked products x

      Delete
  3. I'm all about natural looking makeup! great post, I love Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation!! xx

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So so true! Thanks! And yes, it is my holy grail product now :) x

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your GCSE mock results! I also love the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation and it's always part of my day-to-day make-up essentials!
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was so pleased! And same :)

      Delete
  5. The Rimmel wake me up foundation is my fav! Oooo I have nominated you for the sunshine award on my blog, the post is up now so please check it out!xxx

    http://kissmesunday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so so much! And aw thanks! Will check it out x

      Delete
  6. Thanks for your comment on my blog hun :) I'm now following yours on bloglovin. I really want the Naked Basics palette.. But the Wake Me Up foundation is totally the wrong foundation for me. I seem to be the only person in the world who doesn't like it haha. xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thank you :)
      It is so so beautiful! And ah that's such a shame, I know it gets such mixed reviews :/

      Delete
  7. Such a big fan of the benefit bad gal lash mascara, I also really enjoy reading your blog girll! Your posts are always amazing :) xx

    http://dreamlovelivefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much! And aw thank you, I love your blog too!

      Delete
  8. Really want the benefit mascara.
    http://itsaleyna.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Naked Basics palette & Benefit Badgal mascara. I'm not a fan of the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. I've tried using it a few times and it never seemed to blend out nicely.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, what about the Collection concealer? That is one of my favourites too! x

      Delete
  10. Nice list! How do you like the Real Techniques Buffing Brush? I'm thinking about purchasing them, but I'm not sure..

    xo,
    I Write About You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I absolutely love it but if you are unsure then I would go for the Real Techniques sponge as its really good for applying foundation too! And its much cheaper :)

      Delete
  11. Fab post, love the brushes! x

    Tia
    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk
    @Bellezza_Babe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love natural collection lip glosses! Great post!
    L xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, they are perfect for school! Thanks :)

      Delete
  13. I really like your selection and especially the Bag Gal Lash mascara! :)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm SO happy someone loves the Natural Collection Juicy Lips as much as I do!! They are amazing, smell delicious and are under £2! LOVE them!

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was the only one too so wooooooo! Hahaha x

      Delete
  15. The Real Techniques brushes are great! And I really need to get my hands on the Naked Basics palette soon :-)

    Just to let you know, I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award.
    Rachel xo
    http://theanxiouschapter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the first ever brushes I have used for makeup and I am so so impressed! The Naked Basics palette is amazing!

      Delete
  16. OMG I love the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation! It's so light and easy just to slap on haha. Congrats also on your GCSEs!!

    xx
    Luxe

    http://luxederouge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! And thank you, hopefully I will do just as well in the real ones!

      Delete
  17. I absolutely LOVE Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, I've used it religiously for ages now.

    Great post :)

    Jamie x

    mursblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I wanted to use it for a month of so before posting it on here just to ensure it was perfect! :)

      Delete
  18. Naked Basics is definitely needed for simple everyday look, this palette is on my wishlist now! :)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the comment. I'm useless at natural makeup- I need to try that fine one one blusher. Congratulations on the results
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, love your blog :)
      I love it so much, not sure about putting it on my face all the time as its a been ew! Haha x

      Delete
  20. I use wake me up foundation and its brilliant, Im soon to get the naked palette too which is another great product. Really nice natural collection there.
    Lola xox

    http://fortheimperfectlyperfect.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just brightens your face completely! Oooo, I really want the 3 palette, thank you!

      Delete
  21. Heey! I nominated you for a liebster award so check out my blog if you wanna know more! :)

    http://rawrbows.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't you just love the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer?!?!? It is by far my favourite one I have tried so far! Great post love! I am really thinking about the Urban Decay Naked Basic palette have read a couple post now about people loving it.

    Great Blog!!!

    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so so amazing! Thank you Bailey, I would really recommend it if you're not up for spending so much money on the naked palettes as its a good sneak peek sort of thing :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig