Hello everyone! I hope you've all been having a great start to 2014. I just found out my GCSE mock results which I am extremely pleased with (6A's and 4B's) so I am starting the year really really well. Not only that, but I have been chatting with a few of my favourite and new bloggers to plan future guest posts and other stuff! So it's all really exciting! I was lucky enough to collaborate with Amourtera (Kelly) and 5 other beauty bloggers last weekend to create an amazing 'Favourite Natural Makeup' post which you can check out here! It was so much fun to do and I really enjoyed writing it as well as chatting to a few of them too! I thought that today I would just show you my part of the post, as a sneak peek!
So these are all my essentials for the natural makeup, I have gone into more detail below with a list!
1. For foundation I have chosen Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in Ivory. It is described to give an anti-fatigue effect and radiant glow which is perfect for the natural look as you want to look instantly flawless with a natural airbrush finish. The coverage is amazing (not heavy at all) and it really brightens your face and conceals any tiredness.
2. I apply the foundation with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush as it is much quicker to apply the foundation to the face and really works the product into your face, buffing the foundation to give an effortlessly flawless finish.
3. Then I go over the foundation with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory just to cover any redness or blemishes. It has an illuminating effect which I love because I apply the concealer under my eyes which really brightens my face.
4. This is concealer is applied with a Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and it amazingly blends the concealer perfectly.
5. To achieve a natural lip, I use the Natural Collection Juicy Lip Gloss in Caramel Shortcake. It is such a cheap product and gives a beautiful pinky/brown, nude colour with no shimmer which is so natural.
6. For blush, I use the Benefit Fine One One. The first thing I love about this is the packaging, it’s a beautiful rose gold metal case which you pull off the lid to reveal the product, you can then twist it up or down with the little dial at the bottom. There are a trio of colours, with soft coral on the left, sheer watermelon in the middle and pink champagne on the right. This product is designed to be swiped across the cheek towards the temple and then blended for an effortless glow to the skin.
7. I blend the blush using the Real Techniques Contour Brush. The Brush is rounded, less densely-packed brush designed to apply cream or powder formulas to the contours of the face. The tapered tips ensure contour your temples and your jaw lines perfectly and naturally.
8. For my natural eyeshadow I use the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette which I just adore so so much. It contains 6 matte and natural looking shades and one shimmer. They are very pigmented yet soft so they are perfect for a natural smoky eye look.
9. Lastly, for mascara. I don’t really have a preferred mascara for a natural look but I am really loving Benefit’s Bad Gal Lash. It really lengthens and curls the lashes which doesn't look too false or fake.
I hope you enjoyed reading this, I have never really done this sort of post before (showing what makeup I wear) so if you do like it then please comment below saying so! And also, tell me your essentials for the natural makeup look!