Saturday, 25 January 2014

Beauty Box Swap: Make Up and Other Junk



I have always wanted to do a beauty box swap ever since I joined the blogging community. I love the element of surprise, obviously receiving some beauty products but also really getting to know another blogger. A few weeks ago I contacted Ellie from Make Up and Other Junk, I love her blog so so much and you should really check it out by clicking here! She is honestly one of the nicest bloggers that I have ever been lucky to speak to! I asked if she would want to do a beauty box swap and she happily said yes! 


We decided to go on a budget of £15-£20 as I'm not made of money, I'm just a young fifteen year old with no job! I sent Ellie's box last weekend and this is what it looked like. (Don't you adore the box!) You can check her post out here!


I found hers waiting for me when I got home on Tuesday. I honestly love everything I got, she had done her research on what I like, which was impressive!

So the first thing I found was the letter she wrote inside, it was so kind and sweet. Just saying how she enjoyed doing the swap and thank you for following her. I really do think if you are going to do a beauty box swap, you should put a small letter in as I did also.

Onto the beauty products!



Now, the first product I saw was the MUA Undressed Eyeshadow Palette which I have wanted for so so so long and I was really happy Ellie got it for me. The bloggers rave about this palette because it is supposed to be an amazing dupe of the Naked palette so I have really high hopes for trying this out. There are 12 beautiful shades ranging from pretty nudes to smouldering metalllics and there is also a 'Mini Master Class' guide on the back which I am keen to try out.



Next is what my eyes just stared at for ages and its obviousy a Lush bath bomb! Yay! As you all should know, I love Lush! And when I did my Lush festive haul, there were some bath bombs I didn't buy as I couldn't afford it all so receving the Snowman bath bomb was great. It's an adorable white shape snowman with a cute red scarf wrapped around it. It also has a vanilla sort of scent so it which I could smell before even opening it. 



Yankee Candles are my favourite too and I got a mini Yankee Candle! I do feel awfully bad as I didn't do my research and just brought loads of pretty and cute stuff... Anyway! I got the Sun and Sand which just reminds me of summer. It's really tropical scented and I just wanted to stroll around the house in flip flops! 




I do love my face masks so I was thrilled to get the Superfruits Exfoliating Mask, it smells heavenly with Raspberry, Cranberry and Blueberry Fruit Extracts. It is supposed to deeply cleanse and purify pores as well as exfoliate the skin leaving your complexion gleaming so I am excited to test it!




I then found a Barry M Nail Paint in Ruby Glitter, it's mix of red and black hexagonal glitter in a clear base. I think it would look perfect to cover grey or black nails.




Lastly be certainly not the least is an adorable Victoria Secrets Pure Seduction set of fragrance mist and hydrating body lotion. Ellie did email me asking what sort of scents I like and I am really happy as I love Victoria Secrets products. Both adorable products have a floral aroma of red plum and freesia. It smells incredibly sweet and very flirty!

I hope you enjoyed reading this as it was such fun and a pleasure to do a beauty box swap with a fellow blogger. Ellie is one of the nicest bloggers I have ever spoke to, and I love everything she got me! If you would like to see what I got her then check out her blog or the blog post by clicking here!

I really do love talking to other bloggers and planning these sorts of things or guest blogging so if you are ever interested then feel free to email me or comment below! 


Taylor x
SHARE:

32 comments

  1. I am so happy you liked everything I got you! I really loved yours and I've really enjoyed working with you on this! We definitely need to do more collabs soon :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have emailed you telling you I posted it but my emails been up the wall! Aw thank you, and for sure!! xx

      Delete
  2. I love reading about beauty swaps such a great idea!:)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it out, its so fun and exciting haha! x

      Delete
  3. Aw this is such a lovely idea, you received some lovely things! Barry M polishes are amazing, and I NEED to try some MUA shadows sooon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I know I am very lucky! The MUA shadows are amazing for their price xx

      Delete
  4. That box is beautiful! I love the look of that Yankee Candle - as much as I love winter I do love summery candles in January!

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was from Paperchase, she mentioned that the box went with her room which is good! Ans same, I'm always having summer time blues..... x

      Delete
  5. So bummed I didn't get to grab any of the Christamas Lush bombs!! Also I nominated you for the versatile blog award http://girlsgotaface.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-versatile-blogger-award.html x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure but they still might have their sale on which sells bath bombs for like 1 or 2 pounds, might be worth checking out during January still! And aw, thank you! Will take a look when I have a spare minute x

      Delete
  6. loveee this idea! might try it myself! Mua always has great eyeshadows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, its so much fun to do and you really get to know the other blogger! MUA eyeshadow ranges are amazing quality for the price x

      Delete
  7. What a fantastic idea! It looks like you've both recieved some amazing products. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm one follower away from 60 on my blog, it would mean a lot if you checked it out x
    lucyabigailsmith.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea and you both got each other great stuff.
    http://itsaleyna.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yeah I am really happy I asked Ellie :)

      Delete
  10. I always love looking at swaps! I would love to smell that candle, and I would love to get my hands on a MUA palette :)

    Emily
    ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really fun to read, the MUA palette is amazing!

      Delete
  11. This was such a fun idea! I need to start doing more swaps like these. I haven't had a good experience with one yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great to do! And ah that's a shame :(

      Delete
  12. so cool!
    maybe we can follow each other? let me know! <3 http://exality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, I'll check out your blog in a bit :)

      Delete
  13. Lovely Box! Interesting Products ,especially Victoria´s Secret :)
    follow new ,mind follow back?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it smells so so nice! And of course, thanks for following x

      Delete
  14. great stuff in your box :) Love the Yankee candle ! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Yeah, was lots of fun and got some real goodies x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig