Monday, 2 December 2013

Lush Haul: Festive Christmas Collection 2013


It's December!! Yay!! I have my advent calender at the ready and I am really looking forward to what this month is going to bring (hopefully some amazing blog posts) All December posts will forever be about Christmas and what better thing to talk about than Lush! I'm pretty sure I have made my feeling very clear towards Lush. I love Lush more than words can understand, from the actual products sold to the staff friendliness. And the best time to go to Lush is at Christmas time. This is because their Christmas collections are super cute and adorable, leaving a large hole in your pocket. A tradition of mine is to wait until December to go to Lush or any other beauty shops to buy their Christmas themed products, but I couldn't resist as I saw so many other bloggers posting about them which made me so jealous! (I was also panicking that they would run out, but obviously not!) So I went to Lush with my sister last week as we had a half day, result! We went to Westfield shopping centre and you could smell the Lush shop from a mile away! As I entered, I just fell in love with everything and I am literally so poor right now because I just went crazy! My sister was just looking at me saying 'Are you really going to spend 40 pounds on some bath products?' Yes Paige... I really am....






The first thing I immediately picked up was the Santa's Lip Scrub, its basically a natural sugar based scrub which you use to exfoliate and smooth your lips.I wouldn't really recommend this to people who already have extremely chapped lips as it may not help, I think it is more of a prevention than a cure.  I applied this using my fingers and just scrub my lips gently. It smells of coconuts and cherries but it tastes like fizzy cola sweets which I love! (It is safely edible guys don't worry) The colour is beautiful giving a nice Christmassy rose tint, the colour is really bold but you don't need to worry as the pigment won't stain your lips! When you open the scrub there are a few sugar hearts (only on the top) which I find adorable! The only con about this product is how it is quite expensive, I mean for £5.50 you only get a small quantity (plus the bubblegum one is still my fave)





I'm not too sure if this is in the Christmas collection (as for some mad reason I presumed Turkish Delight was eaten at Christmas?!) But I still will show and lightly review it for you all! This is the Turkish Delight Shower Smoothie. It is a combination of a soap and bath cream, pretty cool! The scent is very rosy which is so luxurious. To be honest, it doesn't look that appealing inside and the texture seems like very dense over-whipped cream (not a good explanation) But it honestly works, who knows how! It genuinely makes your skin feel so smooth and look really radiant! It's perfect for people who suffer with dry skin as the cocoa butter and almond oil really do hydrate and cleanse your skin. This was a staggering £16.25 which I didn't know until I looked at the receipt! I mean no wonder why I made myself stop, I could of brought more if I didn't buy this!! Thank god it was worth it as the positives do outweigh the negatives.  





Right the next one is a bath bomb! Yay! I love bath bombs! This is the Father Christmas bath bomb which you may be able to tell for the appearance! It just looks so cute with good ol' Saint Nicks cheery face! As soon as you open it, you can just smell the strong scent of an orange and I like citrus smells so that's a plus for me, it was refreshing and different to other scents of Lush for the Christmas collection.  As I placed it into the bath, it broke apart and the core (a green Christmas tree fizzing bath bomb) created a green tint in the bath. I have to admit, it did surprise me. I could only see hints of the glitter though and I'm still unsure if I did like the green or not because it did make me feel like I was sitting in gunge. Yuck! And it didn't really moisturise. Anyway, it's still quite a good novelty product to buy as there was an element of surprise and it was £3.25 so I wasn't really disappointing or anything, I just thought it was fun and smelt lovely. 





Another bath bomb I brought was the Golden Wonder, I chose this as I thought it looked very festive and traditional, fitting in with the theme of Christmas perfectly as it was shaped like a cute present. The smell was a wonderful citrus smell again! And I literally cannot describe in words how amazing it was when I placed the bath bomb into the bath. It was amazing. You'd expect that it would just fizz and release a golden colour but of course not, Lush couldn't be that boring! There were so many layers to this squared bath bomb, it was like a rainbow explosion, too great for words. I would just recommend this product purely because of the your reaction! Eventually it turns into a beautiful, glittery sea which looks so amazing and makes you feel like a mermaid (especially with the confetti stars) It also makes your skin feel so smooth afterwards which I was impressed with as I thought they may have concentrated more on the appearance. For £3.25, it is an outstanding bath bomb! 5 stars!





I couldn't resist to buy this product I mean it looks so cute and I couldn't help but stare at it for ages saying 'aw' and that is the Melting Snowman. The scent is perfect for Christmas as it is a combination of cocoa butter, almond oil, cinnamon leaf oil and many others. It's definitely a more rich, warm and spicy scent which is different from the others I have brought. In the water, he just melts, as it 'does what it says on the tin' as the saying goes. I have to admit I did make me quite upset as I did feel for the poor guy . It left a beautiful white and silky effect which was nothing but moisturising and luxurious. It definitely is a great bath melt for the skin but I kinda was missing the whole bang of the bath bombs which left such bright colours. But for £2.25 this is a very good product which I would recommend.




I feel like I'm just rambling on and to be honest if someone is still reading after this point then congrats and please comment below telling me so, I always feel so boring doing long posts! Anyway! The last and final Lush product. Woooo! And it is Secret Santa.... Sounds rather mysterious if you ask me... Sorry to disappoint but it's an adorable grotto with a miniature Santa inside! It looks so cute, and I just couldn't say no as I just desperately wanted to know what was inside. The main ingredient is Lime Oil which I just adore, so this was perfect for me. To use this you are supposed to crack it up into pieces which I really didn't want to do, I mean it looked so good and I was destroying a masterpiece! Unfortunately I couldn't get the santa out wah! 



After minutes of feeling bad, I went for it and placed it into the bath, it produced a light orange shimmer which is from the roof of the product. I liked how you could break it up to use again as I want a life supply of Lush bath bombs! But I was happy I broke it up as I got to see the second bath bomb inside which some people had not seen, for £5.75 I was rather impressed.


So that it is, the review/haul is over, I hoped you enjoyed reading it and I hope it has put you in a festive mood as it certainly has for me! I would just like to also say how amazing the Lush workers are, their help with choosing products are amazing as I always find something which really helps my skin. They are also really passionate and know their stuff too which is obviously a bonus. I feel like I enjoy the experience of shopping there as well as trying and reviewing the products. I would also like to add that if you return 5 clean and empty (of course) Lush pots or tubes, you get a free mask which I am looking forward to receiving! And also, comment below your opinion on Lush products as I would love to know!

SHARE:

32 comments

  1. I really want Santa's lip scrub! i have bubblegum but this one looks too amazing not to try. Also, the snowman looks too cute!

    http://georgiaanicolaou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes soooo nice! And the bath bombs are adorable, you can't help but spend a fortune!

      Delete
  2. Wow I love your purchases!! I keep forgetting to go to to lush!! i must try their soaps and lotions. I heard theyre really good!! Love the goodies you bought!! Great haul <3 Cant wait for your next post!!
    xx Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes please do, they are the best things ever!
      Thanks again, will be a lot of Christmas posts now :)

      Delete
  3. Poor Melting Snowman- I could never make myself bringing it to the bath with me and watch how it completely melts down ;) Jk. Interesting fact about returning the empty pots and receiving free mask. I'll have to make some inquiries ;) xx

    Maja
    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I felt so terrible! I genuinely thought to myself 'Am I really bathing in this adorable snowman?' Haha! And yeah I know, I didn't know until one of the Lush workers told me and showed me it on the top of one of the lids, pretty good!

      Delete
  4. Great post I love the melting snowman too! :)
    Meg xx (new follower)

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! you've inspired me to go buy lots of lush goodies

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post! I love that snowman, it is so cute!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful post!
    what do you think about following each other? (also on instagram if you want)
    just let me know on my blog!
    xoxo
    Cecilia
    smiles' avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! And yes of course, I will follow you on Instagram and on your blog now, would love to talk more!

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness, all of those look amazing! I want to try out LUSH lip scrubs so bad, I've heard so many good things about them. And I can't handle how cute all of those bath bombs look. :') They make me feel really festive for some reason.

    You have a great blog and I'm following you now - I'd really appreciate it if you could check out my blog and maybe follow back. Hope you have a great weekend! :) x

    tarulovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are literally the best things ever! I am currently writing a lip care post and they are at the top of my recommendations! Lush do such cute, festive products I just love it!

      Thank you so much, that's so kind and yes of course! You too :) x

      Delete
  9. Great buys, I love lush but I am waiting for the after christmas sales to go a bit crazy in lush x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually thinking of that too but I couldn't resist the thought of having a lovely bath on Christmas Eve :)

      Delete
  10. I'm addicted to Lush so I'm in love with this post, and I'm still laughing at the part you've written that said "My sister was just looking at me saying 'Are you really going to spend 40 pounds on some bath products?' Yes Paige... I really am...." far too easily amused so I am! haha.

    Natalie xx
    www.nataliecatherine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah my sister was just in so much shock and she has never used a Lush product before so she didn't understand why! But I've recently let her use one of my scrubs as she said it made her skin feel so good! x

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. It is so so so so good and tastes amazing! x

      Delete
  12. SO jealous!!! There isn't a Lush anywhere close to where I am and I'm dying to try some of their masks (which all seem to be in store only) :(!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lush so much, I would totally send some to you! That's how much I want everyone to love Lush ahahaha!

      Delete
  13. I love that you tried to get Santa out! :)
    I really need to get a Golden Wonder and Melted Snowman!
    I bought a Candy Mountain and a Bombardino yesterday which smells so yummy!
    Great post - I love long posts with lots of pictures! :)
    Mia
    x
    www.prettyeclectic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always get worried that I am boring everyone!

      Delete
  14. Hey, there! Thanks so much for following my blog! :D Followed you back on GFC and Google+! :D
    Oh, I would love to get those products! But we don't have Lush in Malaysia. T_T
    It's so mice of you to reply everyone's comment! hehe
    I'm thinking of getting a Lip Scrub too. But I honestly don't know where to look. I hear about Fresh Lip Scrub but I haven't tried it yet.
    xx, Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I really love your blog and thank you so so much!
      That is such a shame :( Lush products are so amazing to use, I'd love to send you some haha! Lip scrubs are the best for ensuring your lips feel so so smooth so I would go for it, I'm not really sure what other brands do ones like Lush but I will definitely research into it! Could be a battle of the brands sort of post! xx

      Delete
  15. ahh i love LUSH products http://busybeemummybex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely haul! I looove LUSH!
    Btw I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! :) The details are on my blog: http://littleandflushed.blogspot.sg/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    xo,
    Ivana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig