Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Baking: Christmas Biscuits


IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE EVERYBODY AND I HONESTLY CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT, I LOVE CHRISTMAS SO SO MUCH EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK.
Last year, I showed you all how to make Christmas cupcakes and this year I thought I'd show you all how I made Christmas biscuits. It's not a proper step-by-step guide which I apologise for, I got way too excited and then forgot to take some pictures. But if you do have any questions then I'd happily reply to any comments below!





So this is what you need just to make the basic biscuit recipe, I found the recipe from BBC Good Food and its kind of a shortbread biscuit recipe which I didn't realise but it still tastes just as good but you need to be careful with them as they are delicate!


These are the pictures of be combining the ingredients all together, sifting the flour in bit by bit is crucial as you want to ensure the perfect dough mixture.


Flour your surface and rolling bit is very important as you don't want the dough to stick to either your surface or the rolling pin. I've been there before and it is has been a nightmare!



Choose your cookie cutters and then obviously use them to create the shapes you want in your dough. I was planning to make stockings, candy canes, presents, Christmas puddings and stars.


And then put them in the oven, I only put mine in for 5 minutes at 160, I just kind of risked it but if you're not sure then definitely research into it! Make sure you are also timing it too, look at this adorable timer you can buy from Asda for £2 aw!



Take them out to cool for about 10 minutes before you start decorating!






For the Christmas puddings I dipped them into melted chocolate and then piped icing on the top and then use model icing.




For the candy canes I glazed them in white icing and then piped red icing on top.


These are the stockings (the attempts anyway!) I glazed them in red icing and then piped butter-cream along the top.



These are the presents which I just stuck model icing on them, very very easy.


So I don't want to bore you all with them so here are all of them apart from one star which my dad stole and ate, cheeky!







I hope they look good, I'm not too sure!



I was so proud! I was sending them to everyone I knew! I hope you enjoyed this post, I knew that I had to post some sort of Christmassy post on Christmas Eve! What have you been baking for Christmas? Comment below and leave links to the posts, I would love to read them!

Taylor x
SHARE:

50 comments

  1. These looks so good! I love Christmas cooking :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And same, it gets me into the festive mood :)x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so so much, I tried so hard to make them look decent hahah x

      Delete
  3. wow, they look so good!! xx

    http://rawrbows.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fab, especially the Christmas puddings! :)
    Gotta love a bit of festive baking!

    Have a lovely Christmas!
    Helen at Hels Yeah! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they taste the best too!
      Have a lovely Christmas too Helen :) xx

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas!

    New post up on my blog!

    www.slimkidinside.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I want them all!

    Merry Christmas for tomorrow and best wishes to you for the new year! <3

    Jane
    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    Don't forget to check out my Real Techniques Core Collection Giveaway x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Merry Christmas to you and have an amazing new year <3
      Ooooooooo I will take a look at that now x

      Delete
  7. They look so good and adorable!!! love them!
    pils13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Śliczny blog ♥
    Zapraszam do mnie http://darka-blogg.blogspot.com/
    Proszę klikajcie w baner Sheinside
    Jeśli ktoś kliknie niech napisze o tym w komentarzu a napewno w jakiś sposób się odwdzięcze !!!
    WESOŁYCH ŚWIĄT !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dziękuję bardzo za piękny komentarz, Wesołych Świąt!

      Hahaha tried to use Google Translate there!

      Delete
  9. fantastic job! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look so festive :) And Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. they look yummy and festive :) Merry Christmas !! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg you make super cute cookies and biscuits! this looks super jolly and wonderful and perfect for the holidays! thanks for the recipe too!
    wish you a merry christmas and happy holidays!

    Check out my outfit post featuring Breaking Rocks Clothing :)
    ALxx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thank you for the lovely comment!
      Merry Christmas :)

      Delete
  13. You shouldn't worry too much, they look pretty impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look delicious & they are so cute! Very festive, & christmassy! I just found your blog & happy I did. Just gave you a follow, can't wait to see more! x

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. they look delicious!

    lifeisbetterblondewiths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look amazing! You did a great job =] x

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohh those looks so seriously yummy!

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. great post!let’s follow each other on gfc&bloglovin?
    flw me and tell where u’ve followed me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this! totally tempted to make these even tho christmas is over! :) And i love your blog! and can't wait to read more! I also followed you on GFC!

    Also I'm new to blogging and i'm trying to meet some fellow bloggers so I'd love if you had some time if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think! it'd be greatly appreciated! And maybe even follow me on bloglovin or gfc if you like and want to!

    thanks so much xoxo Randa
    http://pandaraige.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha aw they are so yummy! Thank you so so much, of course I will check out your blog :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig