Saturday, 21 December 2013

How To: Have A Kissable Christmas || Winter Lip Care


Gosh what a long title! Hello! I decided that from now on, every December there will be only Christmas related posts. I have also just finished my mock exams woooo! That's why there has been a lack of posts this December but I was so keen and excited just to bombard you with posts! I thought it would be a good idea to show you lip products that I use throughout December and winter time to ensure I have a kissable Christmas! The weather is beginning to get more and more cold (wah!) We begin to put on our snuggly scarves and hats but always seem to neglect our lips. And our lips are at their worst around this time, as they are exposed to harsh cold and dry winds therefore loosing moisture which as result leads to them being cracked and sore. And we can't let that happen! Party season is approaching and therefore we need to look as glamorous as we can!
Now I know that there are many guides or 'recipes' for making lip care products but I don't really have the time to sit and do that (especially if the results are unsuccessful) So I will just recommend my top products. However, there are obviously some key things which I will tell you now that you need to make sure you do. These are to:


- Drink plenty of water.

- Take vitamins.
- Do not pick or scratch your lips.


And trust me they do make a massive difference! To go with these factors you need a range of lip products which will also help such as exfoliating, moisturising and hydrating lip products. So I have created a short list of my favourite, and many other bloggers', lip care products which are perfect for this season.






So for exfoliators my best recommendations are obviously.... Lush products! I have both the Bubblegum and Santa's lip scrubs which I can speak nothing but greatness about. The mini review for the Santa's one you can check out here!  Although pricey, these are amazing and do leave your lips feeling so smooth and moisturised due to the caster sugar and jojoba oil, I pinky promise! The Santa one tastes of Coca Cola fizzy sweets and the Bubblegum one tastes like candy-floss  so so yummy! You basically just dip your finger into the pot and gently rub the scrub in circular motions, gently, on your lips. This is to ensure that the dead skin has gone but also to moisture your lips. After you have done that, you just wipe it off and then apply your chosen lip balm, it is so easy to do. I put this on before I go bed just in case I haven't wipe it off properly (you don't want to go out looking like you've just eaten a sugar doughnut)  It is also suitable for Vegans and preservative free, with all natural ingredients. 





Now onto some lip balms, they are thousands upon thousands I could talk to you about but I thought I would limit the number and tell you about some which are all rather different. The first one has to be Carmex, it is so so popular and one of the fasted selling products during the winter. I personally love Carmex lip balms, they have a vanilla/mint aroma to them which is pretty strong but I like the smell so it doesn't bother me too much. It is the perfect consistency, it isn't too thick or sticky which is perfect as I hate those sorts of lip balms. Once you have applied, you immediately get this tingling sensation on your lips which for many people is not enjoyable however I really like it. It kinda convinces me that its doing its job and bizarrely I like the feeling. It doesn't give any colour or tint which is really good for those who are still at school or want a more natural look but it is very sheer. You can buy these in a variety of forms such as the tube, the balm stick and the jar.


Another all time favourite (well in the UK,definitely) is the Burts Bees lip balm. Unfortunately I haven't got one because I only ever buy all this for the winter and they were sold out everywhere! I use this product for when my lips are extremely cracked, all red and irritated. I think its due to the natural ingredients which makes it work so well. The texture is rather heavy due to the beeswax but that is understandable. It is very refreshing when applied and also give you that tingly feeling. And I promise you I am searching around the whole of Essex for this lip balm! The only fault I do have with the product is that I felt as if I had to reapply it a couple of times throughout the day but other than that it is a top product!






So my next lip balm has to be of course, the Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm, which I am pretty sure I speak about in every post haha! I love them, I've got my friends addicted to them, every blogger I know has the whole set, they are just so great! The one I used the most is Cherry Me which is the most pigmented out of them all. I love the bright and colourful packaging and how they come in the form of a bullet you twist to apply therefore so easy to apply, there are £2.99 which is amazing value! It has such a pretty cherry scent and leaves a really nice rosy tint, I wouldn't say Cherry as it is much more pink. It just glides on your lips so easily and is just so effortlessly beautiful leaving your lips feeling so smooth straight away. It contains so many moisturising ingredients too like honey and shea butter. It really does live up to the hype.

So they are all my favourite lip balms to use over the winter time, what are yours? Comment below!

SHARE:

36 comments

  1. I adore the Lush lip scrubs, they are so useful in Winter! ☺

    Sarah Xx
    http://apparentlysarah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make your lips feel so so smooth, its brilliant! x

      Delete
  2. This is a great post, my lips always get so chapped during the cold winter months so I totally understand the importance of a good lip balm!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and isn't it just really annoying too?! Haha!

      Delete
  3. I love all these products, especially the Lush lip scrub; I have the Santa one and I use it all the time:)xx

    http://lameyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my go to products at the moment! x

      Delete
  4. I absolutely adore the Baby Lips! And I've been looking for a good lip scrub, so I might have too look into the Lush brand. I love your blog--you have a new follower here!

    Maggie D. xx

    http://mychicadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, its my 3rd one I've brought hahaha! And yes please do, the Bubblegum scrub is amazing :)
      Thank you so so much!

      Delete
  5. I love Baby Lips in Cherry Me and Carmex, the tingle is definitely an interesting yet nice element. I need to invest in a lip scrub though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherry Me is just the best thing ever! And I agree, I just am more convinced it works! And you do!! They are amazing :) x

      Delete
  6. Lush libscrubs are so great, such a life saver! and i agree with you on the babylips, i love mine xx
    mahsak.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I know I'm not the only one obsessed with these lip products, I've been going crazy! x

      Delete
  7. Great tips and love the products.
    Follow each other?? GFC and Bloglovin.
    Do follow and i'll will follow you right back! ^_^
    http://icynosure.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes of course! Checking out your blog now :)

      Delete
  8. Just started following you - love how festive your blog is at the mo :) x

    www.witty-woman.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I love Christmas so so so so so much hahaha x

      Delete
  9. I love this! Next time I go shopping I'm definitely going to get one of the lush ones!
    Love Ellie xx
    makeupandotherjunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual phenomenal post! You are a champion!
    I can see that you love what you are doing!
    Thanks for posting! I love you :-*

    Merry and peaceful Christmas full of magic: - *


    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, this is the most sweet comment ever! Thank you so so much, I honestly do love blogging :)
      Merry Christmas to you to Katherine!

      Delete
  11. I love the Lush lip scrub, I haven't tried the santa one but it looks lovely
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely need to try this Lush lip scrub, it looks amazing :-)
    Just followed you, happy holidays, x

    http://colorfullightning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the lush lip scrub, it's cool!

    Diana
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. how fab! lovely read thank you
    http://busybeemummybex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post! It's nice to try out new products all the time but going back to tried and true is pretty good too. My all time favourite would definitely have to be Lucas' PawPaw Ointment. It's made and sold in Australia but I think it is in other places around the world too. It's definitely the most amazing lip product I've ever used, win!

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have never heard of it before but I would love to try it out, do they deliver to the UK? X

      Delete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I loved all your picks :0
    Following you with GFC now, follow me back huh??

    ReplyDelete
  17. My lips always fail me in winter! I only stocked up this year but I can't live without the Lush scrubs, I have both the Bubblegum and Santa's, I actually love to use the Bubblegum one on my face too!

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my life hahaha! Oooo I have never tried it for my face before!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig