Saturday, 26 October 2013

Top Picks: Autumn Lipsticks


Two posts in a weekend, luck you! Anyway! I've always enjoyed trying new makeup looks since my love for makeup and beauty has really increased due to blogging. Because of this, I love trying out new looks, switching from light, pale to bold and dark and what really changes this is the colour of your lipstick. Today I wanted to show you the range of lip products I have chosen which I think are perfect for this season. These essentially are dark vampy shades and softer nudes. 


The first lipstick I have chosen I have had for a good year and love so much.  It is Rimmel London UK Lasting Finish in Alarm for £4.99. The colour is a very matte red with slight cool undertones which really turns heads! The texture of the lipstick is creamy and moisturising, it is also very pigmented with only one swipe to make fully opaque. There is a bubblegum sort of smell to the lipstick when first applied which like the colour stays on for a good 4/5 hours.  I recommend this product because it is similar to MAC's Russian Red but for much cheaper! I think its great for an evening look during the winter, I also love wearing red lipstick with a black or white outfit. 



Next lipstick is Collection 2000 Volume Sensation Lipstick in Tea Rose for £2.99 which I think its an amazing price for a great colour and quality. The colour I would say is a matte bronze/nude colour, I love the name 'Tea Rose' it just sounds so adorable and sweet. These are also really creamy and moisturising to your lips giving a full coverage and satin finish.  I didn't really notice the 'plumping' benefits to be honest and I didn't buy it for volume on my lips anyway, I don't understand it! It stayed on for 3 hours roughly and didn't need too many layers when applied. I'm undecided on whether I like the packaging or not, it is definitely aimed for teens but I think it looks a little tacky but you're only paying £2.99 so you can't expect something amazing. 


From the same brand, Collection 2000 Volume Sensation Lipstick, I brought another one in Coffee Break for £2.99 also. It is a lovely matte brown colour which I think it perfect for the autumn to match the whole fur coat look. It is pretty much like the Tea Rose one in terms of the formula, very creamy and moisturising giving full coverage. I prefer the darker packaging to the pink as it is not so 'in your face' 


And finally, I am loving Rimmel London UK Moisture Renew Lipstick in Midnight Plum for £6.49. (The most expensive of them all) The lipstick comes in a metallic purple bullet with the Rimmel Crown Logo stamped on top which I think looks cool. It is a deep purple that is great for a vampy look. This lipstick feels great on as it is extremely moisturising and stays on for three hours.  The only fault I could find would be how it is not pigmented enough for how dark it is as it took a couple of layers to form a fully opaque swatch. The scent of the lipstick is so refreshing and sweet!



What are your favourite lipsticks for the autumn? Comment below, I'd love to know!

Taylor x
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Collection 2000 tea rose lipstick looks so nice, shame the packaging is so tacky :/
    -kookii
    The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Its such a lovely colour, I guess you have to point the price into consideration really!

      Delete
  2. the first lipstick is my fav ;)

    Like your blog! Would you like to follow each other? :)
    XO MP.
    http://beamasterpieceblog.blogspot.it/2013/10/event-lollipops-paris-torino-willy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its an old time favourite of mine! And yeah course, following now Eliza :)

      Delete
  3. I'm in love with these colours! I own a few like them although I can't say I have tried these exact ones. Lovely post :)

    Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love dark lipstick right now, especially because I'm a brunette and it matches well :)
      Thank you, for the lovely comment!

      Delete
  4. you have a lovely blog. can we follow each other on GFC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, literally just spent all of this morning trying to create a new template as I wanted to go for a more mature look! And yeah of course :)

      Delete
  5. Hello dear, beautiful blog and great review :) I follow you with pleasure on GFC, bloglovin and g+, if you want to pass me by :)

    http://teanonsolomoda.blogspot.it/

    kiss Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment, will follow back straight away :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig