Saturday, 5 October 2013

Product Review: Rimmel Sunshimmer Maxi Instant Tan (Pump)


Happy October everyone! From looking at my poll vote which I am doing on my blog, product reviews are the most popular so I am obviously going to do a product review! In year 8/9 I think most girls go through the phrase of over tanning and just always smelling of fake tan, and for me I was obsessed  Because of this, it means that I have a wide knowledge on all that is fake tan as I have tried out so many.. the bad and the good... And before I start you need to remember to exfoliate and shave your legs before you fake tan or it will end up very badly!!



Today I thought I would review Rimmel's Sunshimmer Maxi Instant Tan in a pump version. It has been around for a really long time and you can buy this from Boots or Superdrug for £10.49 which I think is a pretty reasonable price considering it is 225ml of tan. It comes in three shades; light matte, medium matte and dark matte. I brought medium matte as I quite pale but can tan very easily and I wanted my tan to be rather obvious. If you are pale and want a more natural look then I would definitely go with the light matte, this tanning product is known for having a natural sun-kissed look.

The packaging of the tanning product is very summery and bright with yellow, brown and orange colours. The bright colours really attract you to the product but the writing and logo is very clear to see so it isn't too much going on. Another good thing is that when you are applying your fake tan, it doesn't matter if you get the bottle dirty because the bottle is a dark brown but I would recommend you do clean the bottle as it could end up making everything else you have brown! The plastic bottle does not have a lid so do be careful in case you do end up leaning or dropping it. The dispenser is a pump action and pumps out a pretty good amount.



When I first put it on my hand just to test it out, I did reallllllly panic. It looked extremely dark and I was getting so worried about looking way too dark. It is more of a liquid consistency rather than a cream which I prefer more as you spread the colour around more easily as well as blend it in. Applying the tan was exactly like any other product I'd use. I used a tanning mitt to evenly distribute the tan over body in circular motions but the liquid consistency really did help with that. Tanning mitts are very cheap and you can get them from any supermarket, pound shop or drugstore as you can telll mine is very skanky haha, I have always used this mitt to be honest. The tan as well as the mitt left no streaks (well...as long as you start off with small and gradually build up your tan up, the coverage and finish is lovely and natural) It can be built up very easily too since it dries so quickly but doesn't give you that tacky feeling, your skin feels soft as it is very moisturising. You can then put clothes on about 10 minutes after, I would recommend light clothing though in case.



The only fault I could find with the product is that it is not water resistant. I went out with it on when it was raining and did go rather streaky, which is very unfortunate. 

As it is not a long lasting tan and the purpose of it is for an instant tan then this means that the scent is not as good as other tanning products. It isn't a strong scent, well there isn't one really but most tanning products I've used have had refreshing and sweet scents which I really like. That's just me being fussy. It also comes off very quickly which is fantastic especially for when you're going out on a weekday and have school or work the next day. This also means that mistakes can be easily removed too. This is the perfect tanning product for when you just need to get ready quickly for going out and you only want the tan for one night.



The picture really doesn't do it justice and I have very verrrrry dry skin! All of the shades are available in the original formula, water resistant formula and the gradual glow formula too. Overall, I really do like this tan, it is very easy to apply leaving you with no streaks but a real natural dark glow. Obviously, you would get better results with a specific gradual tanner rather than this one but if you want an instant colour quickly then this is the thing to buy!

What do you think? Would you buy? Have you brought it before? Please comment below. Oh and please vote on the poll vote for what posts you like the most, it would be great to know.

Taylor x
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I have never really tried any kind of tan, I am far too pale to attempt it! This one sounds good though :)

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks really scary when you first pumped it out onto your arm, but once you worked it into your skin it looks very nice. definitely a great way to add some bronze!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I panicked so much haha and yeah I love it for a natural look!

      Delete
  3. I am such a lover of fake tan, thanks for the review!

    http://dreamlovelivefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I hope you try it out and review it yourself! It is very good :)

      Delete
  4. really good review! I've always been scared of fake tans like these but might have to try it now!

    http://daintydaisychains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and please do it is so so good!!

      Delete
  5. I'm not really into tanning because I live in a tropical country. But this products looks great. Thanks for the review dear! :)
    Do you want us to follow each other? Let me know!

    xx, Mela
    www.wearismela.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'd love to be living in a tropical country, saves tanning haha! Where do you live? And of course, followed :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig