Saturday, 31 August 2013

Favourites: August 2013

Hello everyone, I hope you're all having a good summer. Today I thought I would show you all my new and all time favourite beauty products. 

Firstly I thought I would show the love of my life, my saviour, everything to me..... my foundation haha! I have a lot of spots and blemishes and this foundation helps so so much. It is called Revlon Photo Ready Foundation and is 30ml of pure goodness, it contains photochromatic pigments that bend and reflect light to help erase all blemishes and spots in pictures. How great! Because of this foundation many people call me photogenic and wonder how I get away with it haha! The colour I use is Rich Ginger which is slightly darker than my skin tone as I brought it after coming back from holiday, very very stupid of me! However, it is very easy to blend so I don't have an apparent line or anything. It is a great price for great quality at £7.00. There is only one disadvantage of this foundation to many people (not me) and it is that the foundations very shiny with many of the reviews saying they 'looked like a disco ball' which I disagree with.


The next beauty product I would like to share with you is a mini Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara. I got this as a present in a little cute Max Factor set and didn't really think much of it but when I tried it out, I loved it. I use it for a more natural look, mostly for school as it does really define and create more bold lashes for me but not to the point where it is looking fake. I have also taken a comparison picture below which can show you the difference!



Below is the Sleek Flick It Liner, before I speak out the eyeliner I just thought I would say how amazingly quick Sleek deliver and how impressed I was! Anyway! I chose this eyeliner because it looked very easy and simple to use especially when I struggle with doing cat eye flicks with gel liners etc so it was perfect! I brought the Dazzing Black and it was great to use, I don't know how to explain it but it was very controlled and again, easy to use! The only fault I could have with it was how hard it was to remove and how a slight imprint of the eyeliner was still on my eyes the day after. Apart from that, good eyeliner and I would recommend just as long as you're not going out the next day haha!



My second Sleek product I ordered was the Sleek Face Form contouring powder. It is a very cute blush palette with three pink/coral shades in a mirrored compact. When applying to my cheekbones after foundation it really highlighted my cheeks and gave a real nice shine to the overall look.


And finally, the last Sleek product is Brow Kit in the dark shade. I have very thick and scruffy eyebrows so I really wanted to order this brow kit as it would really help tidy but also shape my eyebrows better. I loved the fact that the brush was angled so I could easily shape my eyebrows and filled in any gaps and still look very natural not like any slug sharpie eyebrows haha! 


I gave in! I brought a set of Real Technique brushes! I had to know about the hype and I've joined in! A very controversial product for its price (from boots £21.50) but in my opinion a good quality product if you wear foundation and blusher a lot.  They are so so soft and I find the wallet that turns into a stand really cute, it is also great how on the back of the packaging they tell you about the functions of each brush etc. I have literally only just brought them so I don't have a full opinion formed, in a weeks time or so I might do a separate review on them.



Please excuse my horrible spots in the picture below, I have not been a good girl with my eating lately and my skin care routine.  This is the Lips In Charmed from Topshop in the colour peach. I never really go for any orange/peach lipsticks because I was always worried that I would look stupid, but it really brightens your face. I was also unsure about the fact that is it very matte and not shiny but I'm slowly starting to like it more and more! Perfect for the summer.


If you're looking for an amazingly smelling perfume spray and lotion then this is it below. From Marks & Spencer, these are the Limited Collection True Red Eau de Toilette and Lotion set I got as a present. I know us teens/young adults can find Marks & Spencers as an old peoples shop but Marks & Spencers and NEXT are the best places for perfumes and perfumed lotions! I can even explain the smell, just buy it, trust me, you'll love it.


The nail polish I have been wearing all Summer is the Essie Lilacism Nail Polish. It is such a pretty and pastel colour which is so cute and since I've been wearing a lot of pastel clothes this summer. The only problem I had with the nail varnish is that it is very opaque and I had to paint 3 coats which was annoyingly long especially when I'm so lazy and impatient! I have also put a comparison picture of the nail varnish with the flash off and the flash on.



So here are a few of my new and favourite beauty products, I hope you liked reading them and I would love your opinion on some of the products so comment below!!

Taylor x
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. I've been looking for a new foundation so might try this one, it sounds really nice and there's not much to lose for such a low price! thank you for showing these :-)
    Beth xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, when I first used it I was so shocked by the results but now it has been my daily foundation for 2 years!! No problem! Xx

      Delete
  2. I use that foundation too, I love it! When I put it on the back of my hand before applying it makes my hand sparkly but it never does it to my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so so much haha! I didn't even realise about the shine of the foundation until I looked it up on some reviews but it's never happened to me!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I love your blog so I nominated your for a liebster award! Check it out here - http://lawlesslifestyle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    Enjoy!

    Martha

    lawlesslifestyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, will definitely do it!!

      Delete
  4. Nice post, I love the nail varnish colour you chose :)
    Meg xx (new follower!)

    peachpips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really into pastel colours at the moment :)

      Delete
  5. That mascara looks really good and I love the colour of the nail varnish!

    Now following you, lovely blog :)
    http://mintsunday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I didn't want something to bold and out there and the comparison really shows how effective it is too.

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. I really love the nail polish, looks great on you :-)xx

    Check out my blog:

    www.TheOwlsVision.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you have a new followerrrrrrrrrrr x

      Delete
  7. I love the real techniques brushes! I use the foundation one to blend concealer and the big one to blend foundation but it works for me :)
    Love your blog, now following on GFC and Bloglovin

    Georgia xx

    http://georgiabellalily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the exact same, gives me a great natural look for school! Thank you xx

      Delete
  8. your blog is beautiful & your pictures are amazing, please check out my blog and tell me what you think & if you like please follow :D

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! I'm checking out your blog now and I'm loving the Toms! Followed :)

      Delete
  9. great post i want to try this foundation, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's honestly the best thing ever! xx

      Delete
  10. Love this post! So helpful :)

    www.girlinbetsey.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only tried the eyeshadow palettes of Sleek, but I know how great their products are ! The blush looks really pretty !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate and will reply straight away. I hope you enjoy my blog and I love to hear more from you!

© What Taylor Buys || A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig